Forum Index General Discussion In Path of Exile: Blight we're introducing a new wand base type, the Convoking Wand!

History

"
NexiieQT wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
As a bow user, im in a corner crying with the nerfed meta cyclone zerker/slayer bois.

Bow is in a decent place now. TS, rain of arrows, scourge arrow, toxic rain, caustic arrow, ele hit are powerful. Lightning arrow, ice shot,
Blast rain, split arrow lacking behind but not bad. Burning and Shrapnel arrow sucks. Overall it's decent.

I completely agree, but having a little added base damage offset by lowered overall damage multiplier and some nice utilize secondary skills like what melee got would really make the bow user experince much nicer during the 1-70 process.

Wands also need a lot of help.

Nephalim
Aug 24, 2019 08:53:32 AM

"
Aynix wrote:
So we finally get other option than god damn Queens Escape (which is like 3 years old) for a weapon with minions movemen speed. Nice.

"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:
well 3.9 minions nerfed to the ground

This, were gonna see single minions doing more damage than most peoples developed builds, already possible with umbillicus and some pot stacking but when were hitting 500-1mil skellies/zombies content is going to be such a joke.

Love the new wands but just don't really like what it actually means.

I coud already make Skele Necro with 20c budget(just Tabula needed) as a boss killer which would be better than most builds with 10ex budget.

I can't tell if your arguing that its a good thing or that it doesn't matter lol, I guess it doesn't really matter except they are drawing attention to it and will then gut it later.

I still don't like it though, necro's have needed QoL/AI changes forever they definitely haven't needed numerical buffs for a long time lol

Draegnarrr
Aug 24, 2019 14:29:04 PM

"
Draegnarrr wrote:

I can't tell if your arguing that its a good thing or that it doesn't matter lol, I guess it doesn't really matter except they are drawing attention to it and will then gut it later.

I still don't like it though, necro's have needed QoL/AI changes forever they definitely haven't needed numerical buffs for a long time lol

MY point is, yes summoners are OP and will be even better in 3.8, but I doubt they will nerf it in 3.9. Summoners were stupidly OP for years now, it was just never meta enough to actually nerf it (and I doubt it will be this league. GGG will most likely add some godly new skill that 50% of playerbase will play)

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 14:31:59 PM

This is not about the wand... It's a subliminal message to buy the most expensive supporter pack, 'cause you know... 80085

Also as Charan pointed the name is very weird and clunky.

frostzor27
Aug 24, 2019 23:33:57 PM

"
Iangyratu wrote:
Are you showcasing actual wand 3d art? Because it's beautiful, but if it's a MTX, it's just a misleading, dirty marketing trick.

this

xtesterx
Aug 24, 2019 23:46:14 PM

+1 to the growing horde of Spiritual Aid fans

crunkatog
Aug 25, 2019 00:52:09 AM

+1 to change the base name's wand :p

Convoking doesn't sound great, atleast Convoker Wand maybe ?
Reborn Wand ?
Disembodied wand ?

(Edit : btw the item seems really good :p)

moumout
Aug 25, 2019 01:36:51 AM

Kinda wondering a little what other 5 minion mods can roll on these - so far on display is gems, movement, and damage - Fair assumptions based on previously available mods are: life, attack/cast speed, life regen, leech, additional minions, ele/chaos res, and block, but maybe there's something new there that hasn't yet been available on other items in the past like aggro range, dmg conversions or aoe?

Don't mind the base name, could be something else i suppose, won't really be a big deal to me :p

zoneslash
Aug 25, 2019 06:30:25 AM

"
frostzor27 wrote:
This is not about the wand... It's a subliminal message to buy the most expensive supporter pack, 'cause you know... 80085

Also as Charan pointed the name is very weird and clunky.

I dont see Crucible pack shown on the screen.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 10:07:52 AM

So .. spamming Bound Fossils on this, ye?

HerrImHimmel
Aug 25, 2019 12:40:26 PM
  • Prev
  • Next