Forum Index Witch [3.8]Qlida's Zombiemancer 18 zombies, 30M+ Shaper DPS 10K+Hp/ES 1.2k+ Delve viable

History

Do you like flesh, blood, and carnage? If that is the case, then you have found the rightful place exile. Welcome to my guide on how to achieve it!
Have a little taste of whats to come.

Like it? I do.

I've been working on perfecting The baron summoner throughout a few leagues and made it my first character to 100. And you know what Exile? I think we did it. Let me take your hand and show you what the madness consists of.

CHECK THE BUILD OUT LIVE!
I will be streaming 3.8 with this build, while theorycrafting it better throughout 3.8. If you like the build and want to tell me, or have critism or whatever you feel like sharing check in, i'll appreciate it a ton!

www.twitch.tv/Qlida

BOSS VIDEOS

Spoiler

Chaos convertion uber elder kill
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482629962
Setup used in the kill: https://pastebin.com/hDsgy3DQ

Chaos convertion with 3 zombies shaper kill
I was challenged to do shaper with 3 zombies for a sub, so i did it!
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/482635528

Same gear as the uberelder kill :D

700 Depth 200% ekstra damage, 33% movement, attack and cast speed Aul

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/493972422

PROS & CONS OF THE BUILD
Spoiler

PROS :D

+Very high DPS. Zombies maxout on about ~35M Shaper Dps. note that this dps will not show in PoB as it only accounts for 1 zombies dps without multistrike multiplier of 1.521.

+Very tanky (35k+ Ehp with Vaal molten shell & flasks up) and a 2% juicy life leech of zombie damage gives you some fat leeching.

+Runs all map mods endgame, 8 mod maps are just more fun!

+Clears very well, as agressive zombies target everything, and we have no down time.

+Hardcore viable.
Leveled to level 81 before dying to a blight boss in 3.8 (sleepy and stupid mistake).

Cons >:C

-IS VERY EXPENSIVE IN 3.8.

-Cannot run Halls of the grandmaster well.

POE Planner of skill tree & Ascendency order

PASTEBIN
Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/BKqRML0V

BANDITS
Spoiler
Kill all, we need the skill points

LEVELING GUIDE

Spoiler
Had alot of requests for a leveling guide, so heres a basic leveling guide. First of all i wanna point out that skill points from quests aren't added very well into this short guide, so please do take it with a grain of salt. If you have more skill points left over, check out the next skill tree! I made this on short notice and its my first time doing it, so please don't be too harsh.

note! you should update your movement buffs such as Flame dash/leap slam/quicksilver flask and so on as you go! It would help you alot by having the skill links open part of the guide open, as you finish quests etc. so you know which skill gems to pick up.

Level 1-9
You will want to pick up Summon Skeletons as soon as you get it as a quest reward and link it with Infernal legion. You also want to be running Raise Zombie from the start, as their slam clear full packs. These will die early on, so just resummon once in a while.
Your first 9 skill points should be allocated something like this.
https://poeplanner.com/ABIAABkAEjMAAAnfsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakMAAAAAAA==

Level 9-31
You will be wanting to pick up minion damage for you Minion damage after killing brutus. Furthermore you'll want to pick up sacrifice early on as it helps your zombies to stay alive, and then move into retribution - Discipline & training - sancity and end out with gravepact. After this you want to pick up cruel preparation. You should also start leveling your raise spectre gem (aquired from killing General Gravicius). https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAEUAEjMAAB_fsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxgAAAAAA

Level 31-50
At level 31 you should swap Infernal legion out for Feeding frenzy Get this in your zombie links aswell, as it makes your minions agressive. You can also start using your spectre links, however they still might die once in a while. (go to Old Fields in act 2 and enslave 2 blood apes). You can also desecrate them with the desecrate gem (gotten from The Root of the Problem act 2). You should also add either stone golem or chaos golem to a free socket once finishing breaking the seal. Other than that the ride should start to be smoother, your minions should be pretty decent clears. On the tree you want to be going for death attunement followed by all the way down to warriorsblood. You also want to pick up spiritual command for faster leap slams and quick recovery for life & mana regen.

https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAG0AEjMAADPfsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxqcIj0abocy8qsSFYE25xq6uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfP5rgRZ1TUqasqqkAAAAAAA==

Level 50-71
At this point we want to start looking for some of the uniques used in the budget part of the build and spending some of the few chaos we got from leveling on this (especially baron). We also travel on the outer marauder part of the tree to get barbarism, Juggernaut into utmost might and soul of steel. We pick up devotion, righteous army, followed by redemption and faith & steel. We also At somepoint in these levels, most likely ~60 should do your next ascendency, picking up unnatural strength. Once you reach act 10 kitava go do your merciless ascendency getting bone barrier, as you should have about 10 minions in general by now. The skill tree should also match about a level ~68 with all quests quest done.

https://poeplanner.com/ABIAAL0AEjMAAFvfsJLBjr4RLSyc7Ipr27zqakN8g-vuMtFFR4hAKpiQM8BmBLOiAPAfaPKvbAth0_takah9aqxMswQHg9tVxqcIj0abocy8qsSFYE25xq6uPmeb5FFQR-8OFCBfP5rgRZ1TUqasqqnZfIIHdqzPfjpSY7tNrMJsvJ8YkfxLFE0B5xv6Jd-kGa2N8kEdFFnzGjiQVXIPZp63MYx2YvRxsjrGoOZncUqfwQRVtZ7NpzDSIVcN2WH60gAAAAAA

Level 71+
After killing Kitava you should farm the uniques used in the build while progressing through the atlas. A really good way to keep pushing maps while still leveling up is running a 5 linked femur of the saints as your zombie link, aswell as a 5 linked skeleton in your chest, using Vaal Summon skeleton - Minion damage - Feeding frenzy Multistrike - Melee physical damage and Melee splash on clear while having auras in boots utility in gloves and animate guardian & spectres in helm as intented. With the 2x 5L you should be able to push most content if not all, depending on your mechanical level. As for skill tree start picking up the jewel sockets accordingly to what you can afford. I.e. Nort witch socket for efficient training once you pick one up, and the lethal pride once you can afford one of those.

SKILL LINKS!
Spoiler

Main skill, our zombies! Note that this link goes into your weapon, cause the higher skill level gem you can get a hold of the better, as minions scale VERY good of skill gem levels! Also if you cannot afford a level 4 empower early on, and don't have the weapon, then swap empower 4 for Maim in a 6 link. If you only have a 5 link early on, drop the Maim.
NOTE! A level 2 empower is better than other skill gems in the mace, due to the mace effect on empower!

Raise zombie - Feeding frenzy - Minion damage Melee physical damage - Multistrike - Empower 4

CWC cyclone - Chestplate links.

Cast while channeling - Spirit offering - Infused channeling - Fortify - Desecrate - Cyclone
We use these links as they provide autocast offerings every 0.7 seconds, 8% less damage taken, as we both have spell and attack tags in the link, stun immunity, knockback immunity aswell as fortify. It also adds ~1,7k ES per second due to mistress of sacrifice.

Spectre boys & Animated guardian - Helmet links

Raise spectre - Minion life -Blood magic - Animated guardian
Note! Remember to have this link in your Helmet, as it grants +2 to minion skill gems. We use blood magic, as it makes our spectre depend on lifepool rather than a small mana pool for spellcasts!

Utility setup - Glove links

Leapslam - Enduring cry - blood magic - Convocation
We use enduring cry, as it fits very nicely in with our playstyle of cycloning through packs. This makes us able to easily sustain 5 endurance charges for a whooping 20% physical damage reduction, and elemental weakness resist cap. If you prefer flame dash over leapslam this can also easily be swapped out. We use bloodmagic so that we can always use these skills, even in no regen maps.

Aura Skillgems - Boots link
Summon skitter bots - Enlighten 4 - Purity of elements - Pride

Note!: You will not be able to run all the auras run on my character, unless you get a well rolled saqawals nest, sovereignty cluster, a pair of +1 to socketed skill gems alberons warpath. Until you can get this, either skitter bots for dps loss, or purity if your resists can handle it and you don't have the watchers eye.

PRIDE OR HASTE?!

Once you start phasing endgame bosses quite fast, you should heavily consider swapping pride for haste. The effect this would have is giving you ALOT faster clears in maps, for no real loss on bosses, as our dps is already super high. All in all this should be a swap you should consider, as it is super nice to have more clear speed.

Vaal molten shell - Unset ring

Vaal molten shell
This is a big defensive tool for the build. It makes us easily tank 8-mod legions, deep delve and what else you may wish to throw your army of zombies aganist.
Note!Remember to pop your granite flask before your you use it though! it also stacks with your bone armour skill picked up from bone barrier ascendency!

SPECTRES & GUARIDAN
Spoiler

First of all, lets go through how a spectre actually works in 3.8. Spectres now only rely on the spectre skillgem level and no longer on the base level of the monster enslaved. This means that 1. we do not need to resummon in our highest level zone after picking up the spectre base itself. 2. We can run a level 1 desecrate and no one will loose their mind! Spectres got alot easier to summon and manage in general.

How to summon spectres

A good tip for this is first going into your options -> UI -> Corpse targeting and set your option to "when key held A". After this you cast your desecrate spell once, hold your A key down and run your cursor over the spawned corpses. I must mention that the corpse targeting in the game is abit scuffed, so you may have to hover around the body rather than on top of it.

How to summon your animate guardian

You summon your animated guardian by dropping the desired items you want him to wear on the ground in a non-city/hideout zone. After this you find the animate guardian spell and simply press the spell while hovering over the item you dropped. Note that the only way the animate guardian will lose the items is by dying, so you can remove the skill gem from the sockets, or accidentally remove the item he is socketed in or similar without him losing the items, simply re-summon him after you're done.

Spectres

The spectre choices for the first 2 spectres isn't really debatable, as they grant massive amounts of DPS and quality of life.

First spectre: to get is a Carnage chieftain - found in Act 7 The ashen fields. This spectre has the ability called "mass frenzy" which grants nearby allies a frenzy charge. This is a great ability and is linked with blood magic, so that the chieftain can spam it.

Second spectre: I prefer getting another carnage chieftain as it smoothens out the up time of max frenzy charges.

Third Spectre: Host chieftain, as we have smooth frenzy charges and power charges add a fair bit of dps to the zombies.

fourth Spectre: is gained when your gem level reaches 19 with unnatural strength. This is up to you, however i prefer Diablolist, as it casts enfeeble on enemies. These spawn in upper prison act 1.

In all, 2 carnage chieftains, 1 host chieftain and 1 Diablolist. Picked up in the order stated.

The animate guardian setup for endgame

Kingmaker Gives fortify in a decent radius that both affects you & your minions, culling strike and abit of critical strike multiplier.
Jagged fossil helm Preferably a eternal burgonet with abit of life and resist aswell as the "nearby enemies take 9% increased physical damage" mod.
Victarios flight Simply because movement speed for you and nearby allies.
Gruthkul Fur or Belly of the beast both gives great life, i would go with furs if you can get it. The regen is very good.
Meginords vise or Southbound gloves Personally i go with whatever i can get cheapest that has vulnerability on hit, the difference here doesn't do thaat much, and vulnerabilty is a great dps increase.

NOTE! The Guardian does not share your max amount of curses you can apply to enemies, and therefore functions as a player with the default curse limit when applying curses (through corrupted gloves, for example). - Quoted from Path of exile wiki!

Animate guardian setup for leveling / budget:

Leerchast mask gives abit of damage to nearby allies, decent and costs basicly nothing.
Dying breath is a decent weapon, gives abit of dmg to nearby allies aswell, and costs next to nothing.
Ambuscharge or Belly of the beast both should be quite cheap and does the job decently. You can also go with blood bond for a good stack of % life.
Meginords vise or southbould gloves Same as high cost, just without vulnerabilty on hit.
Victarios flight cause they're just good and cheap as dirt.

GEAR EXPLAINED
Spoiler

GEAR IN GENERAL & GOOD UNIQUES

theres quite a few good uniques that can be used early on to get some of these stats. First week setup could look something like this.
Helm: The Baron
Amulet: Astramentis
Body armour: Geofries sanctuary / Queens hunger / Belly of the beast.
Boots: Alberons warpath
Gloves: Meginords vise
Rings: Strength, Life, Resists -> Look for one with avians aspect on, it is pricey to craft.
Belt: Meginords girdle.
Jewel: 2x Efficient training

Listed from best to worst:
Wep1&2: 5L Femurs of the Saints
OR
Wep 1&2: Queens decree -> upgrades into queens escape with The misunderstood queen
OR
Wep 1&2: 5l Chober chaber -> upgrades into Chaber Cairn with exhumed faith
OR
Wep 1: Montegreul's grasp
Shield: Rare with Str, life & resists.

I've been asked quite a few times "which items should i go for first" so here i'll make a small list, sorted in Tiers, the items are not ranked beyond the tiers, so pick up what you like or need the most within the tiers temselves:

Tier 3: easy to obtain: Baron, Astramentis, 2x Efficient training, Femur of the saints, one of the listed body armours, Alberons warpath, a rare piece of jewlry with Aspect of the avian. Followed by budget animated guardian setup.

Tier 2: Craft the mace, as it is the highest dps increase we get. Followed up by Saqawals nest, divine this until atleast 10% reduced mana & 65+ attributes, lethal pride with atleast 5% increased strength.

Tier 1: 15-20% increased strength lethal pride, Baron with head enchant, Elder belt with 10-12% increased attributes flat strength and life. Elder amber amulet with 100 str, life, resist and +1 zombie OR talisman with +2 zombies and attributes.

Rings should be upgraded as you go, fit with resists so you're resist capped, get as much strength and life as you can. Endgame you can look into minion movement speed. You should also look for rings that can get a prefix crafted, as it is highly recommended to crat -3 mana cost to channeling skills on both. This makes CWC cyclone free to cast.

FlASKS EXPLAINED
Spoiler
Since we don't rely on offensive flasks in the build, we only care about utility flasks for either faster clears or better survivability.

1. Life flask
Here we wan't fast and good life recovery, as we want to top off our life as fast as possible again. The highest life vs. lowest recovery time here is recommended, and a magic flast with x amount is recovered instantly is good.
I personally prefer blood of the karui as my endgame flask, as it does this very well, and it helps us survive large continued damage, as it tops of our life pool when the flask duration is up.

Blood of the Karui
Sanctified Life Flask
  • 100% increased Life Recovered
  • 10% increased Recovery rate
  • Recover Full Life at the end of the Flask Effect
  • "Kaom fought and killed for his people.

Kaom bled for his people.

And so the people gave, the people bled,

So their King might go on."

- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

2. Movement flask
    Here we want to use a quicksilver flask, as it offers the most movement speed increase we can get. We either want increased movement speed during flask effect and increased duration, or increased movement speed during flask effect with increased effect with less duration to get the good sprints out. Something like this.

Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
  • 28% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • 25% increased effect
  • 33% reduced Duration

• 3. Utility/movement flask
    Here there is several options.

A silverflask is good, as it grants onslaught during flask effect, which grants 20% movement speed and 20% attack speed. This both makes us run faster, aswell as leap slam faster. The mods wanted on this could be freeze immunity, curse immunity and so on with increased duration or increased charge recovery.

Perpetual Silver Flask of Warding
    -
  • 26% increased Charge Recovery
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use

• Later on this can be swapped with either soulripper for deep delving, or bottled fait for more dps/life regen, although these are expensive upgrades.

4. Granite flask
    This flask isn't really debatable, as it offers alot of physical damage reduction, as it grants us alot of armor, aswell as boosts our vaal molten shell buff. We want increased armor during flask effect on this one, aswell as either increased duration or increased effect with less duration.

Alchemist's Granite Flask of Iron Skin
    -
  • 100% increased Armour during Flask effect
  • 25% increased effect
  • 33% reduced Duration

• 5. Basalt flask
    We pick a basalt flask up as the last flask as it gives a very nice flat physical damage reduction to our build, and doesn't rely alot on anything else. This means that we can roll either freze or curse immunity on, aswell as increased duration.
    Experimenter's Basalt Flask of Heat
    -
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • 35% increased Duration

• JEWELS EXLPAINED

Spoiler
    Lethal pride
    The lethal pride used in this build depends on its "seed". This means that we want to notice what number it has on it. We DO NOT know the 20% seed of 3.8 as of now. When you want to aquire this item, you should buy the cheapest one you can get your hands on and divine it until you reach the desired. (You can get the maximum amount of zombies with 15%).

Watchers eye
    We pick up a watchers eye with 8-12% physical attack damage converted to elemental(idealy x2), aswell as 40-50% chaos resistance. These two combined make up a massive defensive layer to the build

Efficient training
    We use efficient training as it converts intellect in the allocated radius to strength, and since we get more minion dps, more zombies aswell as more life from strength these are super good for the build.

Brawn / Ghastly eye
    Brawn is mainly used to hit either 1000/1200 or 1500 strength. If you are at about 1300 and not intention to push 1500 soon, then go with a ghastly eye jewel with some of the following stats: Life, Strength, Minions have chance to blind or taunt on attack.

Jewel slots

WEAPON CRAFT GUIDE

Spoiler
    Okay had a ton of requests and confusion about the weapon we use in our endgame gear.

We start off with ANY 2Handed shaper mace, with the itemlevel of 75-81, as it blocks alot of attack mods from rolling (cheaper craft in general).

STEP 1:
    Buy the mace! YAY EASY!

STEP 2:
    Roll the mace with perfect fossils, i'd say hit 28% quality atleast. (you can also use Hillock rank 3 on transportation). Also pretty easy!

Step 3:
    Craft 15-18% additional quality on the mace. You do this by hitting it with a Orb or scouring, so that the weapon is white quality. After that you pick the highest attribute & quality craft avalible to you.

Step 4:
    6 socket and 6 link the mace, while having as much quality as you can! RIP your finger and currency, and good luck! (easy but can be expensive).

Step 5:
    Once it is 6 linked reroll it with alteration orbs. What you want to hit now is +1 to socketed gems and level 20 maim (18 if you hit it and are done with it). These are a suffix and a prefix so they can roll at the same time. This should take quite a few tries. I spent 10k in 3.7 and about 2,5k in 3.8 for reference, so don't get discouraged if it doesn't hit instantly.

Step 5:
    Once we hit the +1 socketed gems and level 20 or 18 maim we have to do the most expensive steps. So here we go, buy a Craicic Chimeral beast and beast craft a magic imprint of the weapon. Once you have the imprint, regal the weapon and annul the regaled mod of.

Step 6:
    This is super easy if you know a trusted crafter, and have a good stack of exalts, however not all of us does.

Multimod it -> Craft +2 to socketed support skillgems -> Minions deal (39–45)% increased Damage & Minions have (39–45)% increased maximum Life -> Minions have (25–28)% increased Attack Speed & Minions have (25–28)% increased Cast Speed.

OR

Multimod it -> Craft +2 to socketed support skillgems -> Minions deal (67–81)% increased Damage -> Minions have (25–28)% increased Attack Speed & Minions have (25–28)% increased Cast Speed.

Depending if you want the more damage or the more beef.

You should now be left with the juicest buff for the build you could dream off. Good luck exile!

PANTHEONS
    Spoiler

You want to pick up Soul of Lunaris as your major pantheon - fully upgraded as soon as possible, as chaining projectiles are ruthless against you with your horde around you. Infact, it is often a oneshot if you get chained of.

For the minor pantheon it is more or less what you prefer. I run with soul of gruthkul as you often leap slam into large packs.

OILS FOR 3.8!

Spoiler
    With the introduction of oils for amulets in 3.8 i felt it that i had to make a small section for this. NOTE THAT IF YOU USE A CORRUPTED AMULET, I.E TALISMAN YOU CANNOT USE OILS.

IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS, CHECK THIS GUIDE OUT! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTwpzNORnl8

If you want to use oils, and therefore use a non-talisman amulet go for the following:

Additional Zombie.
    Flat strength.
    Life.
    Resists.
    Idealily on a Amber amulet.

Which node to anoint?!

Death attunement As it frees up 5 points. It frees up 2 less point than ravenous horde, however keeping ravenous horde means that we keep alot of movement speed, and that is everything for melee minions. However you can also decide to oil up ravenous horde, pick up death attunement and some life.

What to spend the free points on?

I'd say its an easy decision, as we can pick up the full scion life wheel for the 6 points, adding 800 life to the build, which is NICE!

3.8 CHAOS CONVERTION SHENANIGANS
    Spoiler

First of all, let me say. This.. Is powerful.. Were looking at 30m+ shaper dps with 3,7 endgame gear purely on zombies, no real shenanigans. This will be expensive, but stupidly strong. It works by using

Triad Grip
    Mesh Gloves
  • 98% increased Armour and Energy Shield
  • Minions convert 25% of Physical Damage to Fire Damage per Red Socket
  • Minions convert 25% of Physical Damage to Cold Damage per Green Socket
  • Minions convert 25% of Physical Damage to Lightning Damage per Blue Socket
  • Minions convert 25% of Physical Damage to Chaos Damage per White Socket
  • Minions have 6% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite
  • The secret of the elements lies within a square triangle.

which converts all our physical damage on minions to chaos damage. This means we can scale as physical damage, convert and scale as chaos damage aswell.

PROS OF CONVERTION
    1. We gain quite abit more damage.
    2. No map mods we can't run, just hold hold your cyclone button down in no regen.
    3. We gain a massive layer of defenses
    4. Its purple all over, who doesn't like purple?

CONS OF CHAOS CONVERTION
    1. Its more expensive than the other build
    2. We lose life and strength on gloves.
    3. We lose abit of flat life for alot of ES, and gain abit of str.
    3. Idk man, just do it if you can ^^

If you got a nice hold of the physical verison, check out the pastebin. You're now worthy of this.
    https://pastebin.com/sxDBeNzY

What do we do different?

1. Skill gems

We swap the following auras:

Pride

For the following:

Haste

We swap in haste as it gives movement speed and attack speed to both ourselves and minions. This means smoother clear, but for our movement and the minions. And since we convert to 100% chaos.

We swap the following zombie links:

minion damage

For the following:

Withering touch

We do this, as withering touch adds physical as extra chaos damage, and grants withered stacks. Since we have so many attacks that repeat we easily hit the maximum stacks of 15, adding 90% increased chaos damage taken.
    2. Gear
    We swap baron enchant for 12% physical as extra chaos damage, as we scale chaos damage really well.

The Baron
    Close Helmet
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Minion Gems
  • +38 to Strength
  • Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
  • Half of your Strength is added to your Minions
  • +1 to maximum number of Raised Zombies per 300 Strength
  • With at least 1000 Strength, 2% of Damage dealt by your Raised Zombies is Leeched to you as Life
  • "The Emperor's trusted surgeons are not the only ones who

practice the dark arts. Some of us are just more discreet."

This gives our spirit offering a whopping 43% physical as extra chaos, that scales with our 15 wither stacks.. Yep this is stupid dps increases.

3. Animated guardian

We change vulnerability on gloves for despair, as we don't do physical damage now, we do chaos.
    We also roll nearby enemies take increased chaos damage, rather than physical damage on the AG helmet. Another viable thing is to pick up crown of the tyrant, and use vorici to white socket it. This means that we get a flat -10% all resists on nearby enemies and a flat 47-61 chaos damage. (this adds about 1m dps in all).

Deep Delving tips & Tricks

Spoiler
    Since i'm getting close to 1k Delve on the build i'd like to add a few tips and tricks for the deeper depths of the mines. We are here talking about 800+ or so, as lower depths should be pretty straight forward if you have good gear.

General survivability

To sustain the massive amounts of damage you get hit from at times, mainly due to glacial spikes from the cast on death from the Weta's (the blue insect thingies) i would highly recommend getting the 100% increased armour flask mod during flask duration on your granite flask, aswell as increased effect if you can. The reason for this is that we want to keep up our Vaal molten shell as much as we can, as it renders us immune to oneshots unless the mods are mad (such as 200% extra damage, critical strike and elemental penetration).
    To keep our vaal molten shell up as much as possible, i would suggest picking up a soulripper.

Soul Ripper
    Quartz Flask
  • 100% increased Charges used
  • Vaal Skills deal 37% more Damage during Effect
  • Vaal Skills used during effect do not apply Soul Gain Prevention
  • Gains no Charges during effect of any Soul Ripper Flask
  • "What care have I for their pain? They're already dead."

- Atalui, Vaal Priestess

Although expensive, it is super good, and made the push from 800 to 1k easy, as i only die to my own stupidity.

PANTHEONS

Deeper in the mines you start facing serious degen originating from either burning patches or desecrated patches. Theres a few things that helps out here.

Desecrated ground

Stacking high chaos resist is the way to go here, as it is chaos damage and therefore goes straight through the ES we generate from our spinning. Personally i am at 18% chaos resistance, and therefore i have opted to change my pantheons when i reach fungal caverns as this is the biome the zombies that spawn the desecrated ground are. I go for Soul of arakaali and soul of Shakari, with arakaali fully upgraded. Although at 1k+ you may have to stack even more chaos resist or leapslam over them, although it can be chaotic.

Burning patches

These badboys often spawn in magma fissure biomes, and degen hard. To avoid dying too much to these you should change to soul of Abberath as this renders you immune to burning patches.

Tips & tricks

At 800+ Depth your animate guardian start to be at risk of dying. I lost 2 with 14 exalted worth of gear since 800, so keeping a keen eye on him, or simply despawning unless you're facing aul or similar is recommended unless you want to face the same fate as i did. Some of the extra damage mods paired with projectiles or the bad AI of the guardian kills him easily. Even with the 9% HP regen a second.

Not sure if i mentioned this in the guide in general, but you can stack bone armour and Vaal molten shell giving you a even bigger stack of life to withstand the horrors of the depths with.

A thing i found very useful through my travels is that you can see surges of blue power going to the ground when a Weta spike is about to spawn, cyclone away as fast as you can, and keep an eye out for those in general, those are the killers in delve for the most part.

Dropping abit of life to pick up the steadfast cluster is a good idea, as you get more Vaal molten shell "life" from the cluster than you would get from flat life. Furthermore you also get fortify effect which is juicy!

Dropping the basalt flask for a sapphire flask with freeze immunity is very nice, as the degen from azurite cast on death can be realy tricky in deeper delve situations.

Flagellant's Sapphire Flask of Heat
    -
  • Gain 1 Charge when you are Hit by an Enemy
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use

• Getting a flask with knockback during flask effect is quite nice, as it makes monsters unable to get close to you and melee hit you. This is very nice once you hit high damage modifiers with increased accuracy.

SUMMONER DISCORD
    Spoiler

If you have questions, or wanna join the community of summoners, then join our discord! Lots of nice people and crazy builds being discussed!

https://discord.gg/ZBkGkQP

Another varriant and a thank you to the author
    Spoiler

If you like the build and want another take on it, i would recommend that you check out https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/2610726 His guide helped me create my thread, so huge thank you!

If you got this far it'd like to thank you for your time, and i hope you enjoy my guide.
    -Qlida out!

Qlidascope
    Aug 23, 2019 19:32:55 PM

3.8 Changelog

3.8 SKILL TREE, OILS, GEMS ADDED SO FAR, ITEMS WILL COME LATER, AS 3.8 BUILD COMES TOGETHER!

UPDATED Multistrike support gem!

Buff for multistrike, 15% increased multiplier up from Old: 70% + 105% + 140% = 315%

New: 90% + 110% + 130% = 330%

And mana multiplier 180% -> 160%

Multiply your zombie dps by 1,5821 rather than 1,52!

UPDATED RAISE ZOMBIE SKILLGEM
    Up from a base of 3 to 4 at skill gem 5, 5 at 10, 6 at 15, 7 at 20, 8 at 25, 9 at 30 and 10 at 35.

We also see a 38% more minion life on the skill gem. This means that we can add a flat out level 8 minion life gem, which means our zombies will have ALOT more life. And doesn't require minion life support anymore.

NEW ASCENDENCIES

Source https://i.redd.it/uugofnacpnj31.jpg

List of changes - What is gained & what is lost.

Travel node changes

Old travel nodes:

2x minions have 15 increased damage & 10% increased maximum life

2x 4% cast speed & 15% minion damage.

New travel nodes:

15% increased minion damage & 5% increased effect of non-curse auras.

-NEW-

-Mindless agression-
    Minions have 30% increased movement speed
    minions deal 30% increased damage
    Minions have 10% increased attack speed
    Minions have 10% increased cast speed

-Bone barrier-
    Grants level 1 bone armour skill
    1% adtional physical damage reduction per minion, up to 10%
    +3% to all elemental resistances per minion, up to 30%
    3% increasd recovery rate of life and energy shield per minion, up to 30%
    Minions have 20% more maximum life

-Unnatural strength
    +2 to level of all minion skill gems

UNCHANGED

-Commander of darkness-

Auras from your skills grant 3% increased attack and cast speed to you and allies
    You and alliesa affected by auras from your skills deal 30% increased damage
    You and allies affected by auras from your skills have +20% to elemental resistances

-LOST-

-Flesh binder-
    You and your Minions have 1% additional Physical Damage Reduction for each Raised Zombie
    Your Raised Zombies spread Caustic Ground on Death, dealing 50% of their maximum Life as Chaos Damage per second
    +2 to Maximum number of Raised Zombies
    Raised Zombies' Slam Attack has 100% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed
    Raised Zombies' Slam Attack has 100% increased Area of Effect

-Invoker-
    Minions Regenerate 2% Life per second
    50% increased Convocation Cooldown Recovery Speed
    Minions have 20% increased maximum Life
    Minions deal 20% increased Damage

-Bone sculptur-
    Summoned Skeletons' hits can't be Evaded
    +2 to Maximum number of Skeletons
    100% increased Skeleton Movement Speed
    Summon 2 additional Skeleton Warriors with Summon Skeleton
    Skeletons deal 40% increased Damage

Utility changes

Level 1 bone armour? acts like a steelskin for 2,2k dmg for both you and your minions, has low cooldown. Seems to be decent, however molten shell numbers are much higher.
    +30% increased minion movement speed, this is BIG
    +30% increased elemental resistances this is very very nice, as it means resists are more easily capped, which also means that we will be able to give up resist on rings / boots etc. for minion movement speed, or even the new gloves!
    Minions lose 2% life regen per second. This could have a negative impact, however we should be able to deal with it.

+30% increased recovery rate of life and ES. If i understand this correctly, it means that our flasks and zombieleech will pop even more of, which is stupidly strong.

We do lose 7% physical damage reduction flat, as we gain 10 and lose 17. However this can possibly be made up for my life recovery and the new bone armour skill.

Minions have 20% more maximum life (changed from increased), this is good, as more is always better than increased.

10% increased maximum minion life, changed from 4% cast speed, which is very good for obvious reasons (we don't use casts).

Lost 8% cast speed, these have either been swapped with aura effect or minion life, which is a deal everyday for us.

Slam recovery is moved from ascendency to the skill gem itself, gaining 4% CDR per skill gem level.

REWORKED SPECTRE GEM
    Before saying anything, lets just have a moment, thanking GGG for giving us another spectre..... Thank you for your time. Anyway business time!

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/czot6y/summoner_things_that_we_still_could_use_info_on/ez1nlb0/?context=3

The rework of spectres are really great for us, as we not only get another spectre, but we gain waaay easier summoning of them, direct summoning (opens up bonehusks etc),and they get alot stronger with minion skill levels. We get 4 from ascendency and helm itself. This means more life on spectres, however we didn't really need it.

NEW SUPPORT GEMS

https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/2627888

Feeding frenzy gives 24% more minion damage, if you are affected by feeding frenzy.
    (Feeding Frenzy buff grants 10% more Minion Damage, 15% increased Minion Movement Speed and 15% increased Minion Attack and Cast Speed).

We will be using this in all our gem setups, as this is really strong. we do lose abit of damage, but the agressive AI is insanely good.

We won't be using either meatshield nor deathmark, as we don't have any single target focus problems, nor defensive problems.

VIOLENT DEAD GONE?

https://respoe.xyz/forum/view-thread/2627574#itembalance

Violent Dead: Can no longer drop or be obtained from quests. This was lost, however flat cooldown was reduced to 4 seconds, and we are able to gain upwards to 120% CDR. meaning zombie slam cooldown went from 1,25 to 1,65 seconds. This is fine.

NEW ZOMBIE BODYARMOUR?!

https://i.redd.it/clhj15lj7wk31.jpg

It might be for zombie/dom blow hybrid, however it isn't for this build.

Skill tree
    3.8 Skill tree is out for us to play around with. Even though we had the big loss in form of violent dead, were looking super strong. And that is even without carrion golem dps, their buffs, cheese with triad gloves.

A little teaser PoB link here: https://pastebin.com/S7rUYyms

Multiply the dps by 1,3 as unholy might isn't added to PoB yet. If you want even more dps but clunkier clears, add multistrike for ruthless and multiply by 1,5821 again, then you'll smile and laugh like a evil villain.

3.7 to 3.8 general changes

Rough path of building calculations give us about 18-19m shaper dps purely from zombies, up from ~13,5m in 3.7. We dropped skellies, as they aren't needed anymore. This is a dps decrease, however we got lots of things to add to the total dps still! (Carrion buff, shock effect from triad gloves, chaos convertion with wither and so on). We are looking VERY strong this league. Zombies won't always permaslam but we'll manage, as their dps and accuracy got quite a good buff. The 3.8 edition of the build also lost about 1k life, however we gain a spectre that casts enfeeble very consistant, and agressive zombies that move about 110% faster, and have a fat dps increase. We also gained summon chaos golem for 8% physical damage reduction - Summon stone golem for ~200 Life regen per second (about 2,8% life per second regen). This means that we don't have to spam skellies and can focus on survival rather than micromanaging, so the loss of HP should be okay, and if not we can revert. There is also a possibility to oil grave intentions and make the HP loss about 700, which would be nice.

Rough estimate of how endgame will look in 3.8 https://pastebin.com/QJjSqk0W (this will be updated as 3.8 goes along.)

Carrion golems as secondary skill
    Roy stated that the carrion golem had an average damage of 372. (zombies have ~1060). However if we have 10 minions around the golem, they get 80% more damage, so it goes from 372->670. We also know that the abilities used by the golem does 180% of base dmg (Leap slam), 65% base damage (AoE spikes) 135% base damage (First 3 wide swings), 165% & 200% Attack speed (last 3 swings).

This means that the golem would do about 1205 base damage with leap slam, 435 with AOE attack, 904,5 with the first 3 attacks, and 2211 with the last 3.

In other words, the golems would do about the same damage as zombies when attacking the first 3 times, while doing double the last 3, or an average of 1557. They'd do quite abit less damage when doing their AoE attack, however the increased clear could be nice and it has a 4 second cooldown, while the other swing attack has none. This means that they should be doing atleast ~1,4 times a zombies base damage when going ham. If we setup a simple 6 link zombie within the build it has ~327k dps, so 1,4x that is ~460k. With 3 golems that would put us at ~1,4m dps. Its not insane amounts of damage. Adding in the buff from the golem itself with the 80% increased effect (i just 1,8x it) it adds ~30k dps per zombie, so in all 500k dps added.
    This means that the golems would add about 1,9m dps to the build in best case scenario, which makes it not worth it.
    This was also confirmed by calcultions done in PoB. Best case scenario a golem would do ~900k DPS, so about 3,3m in total. Not even half of what skellies would add at the same investment.

Qlidascope
    Aug 23, 2019 21:10:07 PM

Hey, is it viable for league starting build?

Uste4
    Aug 25, 2019 20:49:25 PM

"
    Uste4 wrote:
    Hey, is it viable for league starting build?

It is league starter viable, although i would recommend you to check out the uniques i listed as good league starting items. I myself will be making it for 3.8 :)

Qlidascope
    Aug 26, 2019 02:17:58 AM

I've been looking at various ways to build around skeletons, and your build is better than what I was able to come up with on my own. What is the new item: +50 strength, +20% strength. I haven't seen anything about jewels at all. Also, is there a specific reason Zombies don't have Brutality?

jlh165
    Aug 26, 2019 04:19:50 AM

The new item jewel is just a placeholder for the Lethal pride i am using. You can see the specific information on it in the "my gear" spoiler ^^

Regarding Brutality no. Not sure why i didn't swap it for melee physical damage, as it is flatout 30k more dps. I updated it in the guide aswell. Thank you for pointing it out! :D

Qlidascope
    Aug 26, 2019 04:35:50 AM

"
    Qlidascope wrote:

Buff for multistrike, 15% increased multiplier up from Old: 70% + 105% + 140% = 315%

Why 15? it was 30 less damage, 44% more attack speed, 1,5 damage multiplier at avarage, so 0,7*1,44*1,5=1,512 multiplier.
    And new one is 10 less, 44% more attack speed , 1,22 avarage damage multiplier, so it is 0,9*1,44*1,22=1,5811 multiplier

1,5811/1,512=1,0457 overall damage multiplier from multistrike
    so it is 4,57% more damage

Uoykai
    Aug 26, 2019 05:10:57 AM

Can anyone give me any suggestions about how can i craft ~ same mace with my own in new league?

Uste4
    Aug 26, 2019 10:05:42 AM

"
    Uoykai wrote:
    "
    Qlidascope wrote:

Why 15? it was 30 less damage, 44% more attack speed, 1,5 damage multiplier at avarage, so 0,7*1,44*1,5=1,512 multiplier.
    And new one is 10 less, 44% more attack speed , 1,22 avarage damage multiplier, so it is 0,9*1,44*1,22=1,5811 multiplier

1,5811/1,512=1,0457 overall damage multiplier from multistrike
    so it is 4,57% more damage

Your math seems to be good. I was just quickly adding up the actual flat buffs (30%, 5%, - 10%)/3 = 15. :D

Using your math it gives a ~ 38k dps increase per zombie. Calculating the full dps buff for zombies it gives us a dps increase of ~4.6%, which is nice for a mere support gem numerical buff :)

Qlidascope
    Aug 26, 2019 11:21:17 AM

"
    Uste4 wrote:
    Can anyone give me any suggestions about how can i craft ~ same mace with my own in new league?

Well it depends on the currency prices of 3.8, as there is a few methods. You can either

Roll level 20 maim with alteration orbs -> block attack mods -> Slam for +1 socketed gems -> craft quality to 6L -> multimod.

You can also Alteration spam for both +1 gems and level 20 maim on a blue base. Then imprint it -> regal -> annul the regal if it is a bad mod. (if you regal flat str its really good).

The craft is quite expensive, as the mods are rare. Earlier in the league getting a staff with +1 skill gems and multimods is a great alternative and much easier to hit.

Qlidascope
    Aug 26, 2019 11:28:36 AM
  • Next