Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

"
Aynix wrote:
Now you know ;)


I don't, actually. I seem to remember WoW announcements, Overwatch announcements and even Warcraft 3 announcements.

Maybe I'm just drunk ;)

Phrazz
Aug 25, 2019 19:57:08 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
Now you know ;)


I don't, actually. I seem to remember WoW announcements, Overwatch announcements and even Warcraft 3 announcements.

Maybe I'm just drunk ;)


Warcraft 3 annoucement? "We will take old game and switch graphics to HD". Yay, Im soooo hyped. The thing is, Im not. Both Overwatch and WoW are games that already exist. We dont need huge con just to hear about some update to those games. Those are just "fillers".
So the only actual new game they annouced was... mobile game.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 21:04:46 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
Warcraft 3 annoucement? "We will take old game and switch graphics to HD". Yay, Im soooo hyped. The thing is, Im not. Both Overwatch and WoW are games that already exist. We dont need huge con just to hear about some update to those games. Those are just "fillers".
So the only actual new game they annouced was... mobile game.


So you expect them to announce a game every year at Blizzcon. Roger. That may be a fair expectation, I have no clue. What new game did they announce at Blizzcon 2017? What about 2016? I actually have no clue if expecting a new game every year is off bounds or not.

Anyhow, not important. What they did wrong, was the hype. They told the Diablo fans to get hyped, then they read the internet, and came out with a counter message; "don't get THAT hyped". I found it all very funny.

Phrazz
Aug 26, 2019 00:25:00 AM

"
ghamadvar wrote:
"
"
Phrazz wrote:
Oh, I wasn't aware of the "fact" that Diablo Immortal was the ONLY thing they talked about at Blizzcon.

Actually it was. It was through their forum mod who wrote an apology to warn fans/con attendees to expect no news and inferred “multiple projects....and good things take time” aka D4. History was written and birthed the best pr for Blizz and the Diablo franchise in decades, the epic meme courtesy of W.Cheng.

No, it was not. That's a lie. Astounding what feelings force you to do with facts. Wasn't there a saying about facts and feelings? hm.

Anyways. Have fun living in this world where only one thing is good and superior and everything else is shit. I don't want to live there. So you can have it.

Byeeeeee.

Yikes, appears I hit a nerve. You need a source to backup your claim son.

DreadLordAvatar
Aug 26, 2019 01:08:03 AM

"
Yikes, appears I hit a nerve. You need a source to backup your claim son.


Don't be that guy, dude. You know as well as everyone else that Diablo Immortal wasn't their only announcement. You know as well as anyone that they don't necessarily announce new games at Blizzcon.

People were hyped for Diablo news. They got let down by Immortal and got butthurt. Blizzard handled their hype and Blizzcon poorly. Some fans handled it worse.

"
You need a source to backup your claim son.


YOU came with your "fact" that Diablo Immortal was their only announcement at Blizzcon. I don't think they guy you are quoting is the one who should "back up his claim". You are wrong, he is right. Let's just move on.

Phrazz
Aug 26, 2019 01:17:09 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.


What solid games? If you're speaking about RoS then you've already lost. D3 was never a good game.

If you're speaking about hearthstone and overwatch, I'll remind you that those aren't ARPGs.

codetaku
Aug 26, 2019 03:33:05 AM



"
codetaku wrote:
What solid games? If you're speaking about RoS then you've already lost. D3 was never a good game.


Subjective bullshit again.

Did I like it? No. Did you like it? Clearly not. Did critics like it? Overall, yes they did. Did it have a solid player base for years? Yes it did. Was it polished? Yes. Graphics? Good, whether or not you like the art style is irrelevant. It's like you can't see through your own disappointment of the game, and you're "heart broken" to see through your own subjectivity.

"
codetaku wrote:
If you're speaking about hearthstone and overwatch, I'll remind you that those aren't ARPGs.


What the hell does that have to do with anything? Are you serious now? They are GAMES, aren't they? And examples of the fact that Blizzard, despite their many idiotic turns lately, have the capability of making good games? You're just going to label that as irrelevant, just because they're not ARPG's? Come on, dude.

Yes, Blizzard have fucked up several times. Yes, they fucked up Diablo 3 for Diablo 2 fans, yet it was still a pretty good game for what it was/is. Yes, Activision seem to have made Blizzard a worse company. No, I don't have the same faith in them as I had 15 years ago. But I'm still sure they're capable of making good games.

But a lot of people, here and elsewhere, seem to act like spoiled babies because Diablo 3 wasn't what they wanted it to be; the same with Diablo Immortal. And it all seem to remove your capability of an objective view.

Rant over.

Phrazz
Aug 26, 2019 04:13:20 AM

"
codetaku wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.


What solid games? If you're speaking about RoS then you've already lost. D3 was never a good game.

If you're speaking about hearthstone and overwatch, I'll remind you that those aren't ARPGs.


D3 was pretty bad, but ROS made it a decent game which I played the hell(pardon the pun) out of for a few years. The major mistake blizz had after that was a complete lack of innovation or iteration upon ROS. Greater rifts and bounties got super boring real quick, which is why the 3 monthly league mechanic with POE is so refreshing.

HeManNZ
Aug 26, 2019 04:22:20 AM

will never play another blizzard game. The company I grew up playing and loving their games is gone and it's never coming back. They ditched the people that got them to where they are the first chance they got. They have zero loyalty and I think their games are complete trash now. never again.

Anton__Chigur
Aug 26, 2019 06:07:21 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:


Subjective bullshit again.

Did I like it? No. Did you like it? Clearly not. Did critics like it? Overall, yes they did. Did it have a solid player base for years? Yes it did. Was it polished? Yes. Graphics? Good, whether or not you like the art style is irrelevant. It's like you can't see through your own disappointment of the game, and you're "heart broken" to see through your own subjectivity.


Just because a major group of people define something as "good", it doesn't mean they are necessarily right.

Enough people thought, Trump would be a great US-President. Were they right?
Enough people think, "Call of Duty 271 - More modern Warfare than the last one was modern" is great. Are they right?
Enough people followed cruel people in the past, doing shitty things. Were they right?

The Majority of people are mostly wrong. That's history-proven.

Blizzard stoped making "good games" after D2/SC2/WoW-WotLK.
Their current games may be liked by many, but they are clearly trash and moneygrabbing bullshit.

Arandur
Aug 26, 2019 09:24:17 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 19
  • 20
  • Next