Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

Aynix wrote:

"
Klixen_E wrote:
If they ever make an offline Diablo game that fully supports modding (like Grim Dawn) then I don't think I'd ever play another game.

Grimd Dawn has mods? I didnt know that. Maybe I will check it in the future.

Google 'Grimarillion'. It's quite amazing.

Not only is Grim Dawn moddable, a genius named Ram has recreated Diablo 2 in it:

https://forums.crateentertainment.com/t/mod-reign-of-terror/35347

I'm playing it now and it's extraordinary.

Klixen_E
Aug 25, 2019 04:57:53 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:

Try looking at it from their perspective for a moment, and don't get too caught up in the fact that you, personally, view mobile games as a joke or something. The mobile gaming market is bigger than PC. It's bigger than console. Wouldn't it be kind of stupid of them not to publish a mobile game?

It's like if Coca Cola wouldn't make an energy drink, after the energy drink market exploded. It would be kind of stupid of them not to capitalize, right? After all, they are in the money-making business, just like every company in the world; gaming companies too.

And if it won't "flop", why is it a "mobile mistake"?

I get the Blizzcon disaster; hyping it up for Diablo fans - mainly a PC fan base, just to throw a mobile game in their faces - without any mentioning of a Diablo 4 - or any "candy" for the PC community. I also understand the disappointment of them outsourcing the development of said game to a Chinese company.

But a mobile game? Inevitable.

Making mobile game is one. Not giving a single fuck about your community(that is mainly PC gamers) and making ONLY mobile game while not giving anything for PC gamers is the other thing.

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 10:15:32 AM

"
Aynix wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

New, original content? Like TD or Endless dungeons (like in ... D3?)? Like Pokemon? Major content? Betas. And we are the testers. Don't get me wrong: I love what GGG does. Most of the time. I love how they try to give us something new every three months. But to call it creative and major releases is just ... nonsense.

Oh so tell me mister, what would you add to this game that is "actual new and original content" that was never made in any other game that exist?

No need for this tone, i don't want to fight you, good sir ;)

I never said that they should reinvent the wheel. You named it new, original content. I just wanted to say that this is not the fact. And that is the point:

GGG builds its game on ideas they implement to their game and sometimes (most of the time) it works, sometimes it doesn't. Blizzard takes things that worked in previous games and optimize them. Most of the time this works in a genre-defining fashion, sometimes it doesn't. That makes your comparison (not mine) worthless.

Even Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn or Red Dead Redemption 2 were not "new". They built on things that already worked. What was new was how they approached stuff, their love for detail, the depth of certain things. And the narration. And that's exactly what good companies do. Like GGG (most of the time), like Mimimi, like From Software and ... like Blizzard.

But to answer your question (or at least try to): I would love to see GGG adding up to things that made POE unique. Gem-System was kind of new, as was the map system. So:

- Give us even more control over maps. Let us farm things that add extra rooms/areas, bosses etc. to maps.
- Give us the opportunity to farm items that transform story-areas into high-level areas we can farm (temporarely like sextants or permanent per character)
- Give us (support) gems that can be modified like legion-jewels.
- Give us a system for certain build-types. Maps for killspeed, maps for bosskillers. Rewards that enable more interaction etc.
- Give us maps you can only unlock by entering certain delve-/bestiary-/Legion-/etc. content. Then they can drop in normal maps and will be added to the atlas.
- Give us items that allow entrance to certain (secret) areas. If you wear the "Helmet of True Sight" you can enter the "Dark Plains Map". Something like this. Or if you wield the Goddess you can enter the Map where you can fight something related to its story.
- Let us combine maps to even more dangerous areas.
- Give us imba gems that destroy themselves after 10k/20k etc. kills.
- Give us a guild-/group-system where you have to work together to kill certain "world bosses". Everyone can work at the quest at any time (solo, small group, alltogether), but you need to register a team for this quest. Farm items for this quest, solve puzzles, dig deep into labyrinth and delve etc. Allow us to form SWAT-Teams (or better: A-Teams), able to perform the different tasks encountered.
- Give us more like Shaper- / Elder-Orb(s).

So: nothing "new". But more of the things that make POE unique. These are some ideas without much thinking. But i think that the community and the devs have much more to add to this rushed out list ;)

ghamadvar
Aug 25, 2019 12:56:41 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
Making mobile game is one. Not giving a single fuck about your community(that is mainly PC gamers) and making ONLY mobile game while not giving anything for PC gamers is the other thing.

Oh, I wasn't aware of the "fact" that Diablo Immortal was the ONLY thing they talked about at Blizzcon.

Phrazz
Aug 25, 2019 14:09:23 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Oh, I wasn't aware of the "fact" that Diablo Immortal was the ONLY thing they talked about at Blizzcon.

Actually it was. It was through their forum mod who wrote an apology to warn fans/con attendees to expect no news and inferred “multiple projects....and good things take time” aka D4. History was written and birthed the best pr for Blizz and the Diablo franchise in decades, the epic meme courtesy of W.Cheng.

DreadLordAvatar
Aug 25, 2019 14:54:35 PM

As a one shot game I'm actually expecting D4 to be really good.

The true question is wether or not the game will be designed to properly last (a bit like PoE basically) with strong season theme and new mechanics.

My concern regarding this is that Blizz usually doesn't make F2P games.
On one hand, I don't want to have D4 as a F2P because it means many things will be locked behind microtransaction (and I don't trust them to make a proper model), on the other hand, if it's a proper game that you pay once, I can't expect the game to last more than a few play through as they won't fund developpement on a game that has no continuous income.

I've heard of D4 becoming an mmo (a bit like Lost Ark or something), that could be a thing.

Only time will tell, but in term of first playthrough, I'm not afraid, i'm sure it'll be good. Well polished animation n stuff, especially after all the backlash D3 has gotten.
But I'm not holding my breath for DIII staying alive as PoE currently is over eons.

Cmagik
Aug 25, 2019 15:50:49 PM

better if they pay to GGG and make them change POE name for D4

petxa
Aug 25, 2019 15:56:12 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Now you know ;)

Aynix
Aug 25, 2019 17:10:18 PM

"
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

Actually it was. It was through their forum mod who wrote an apology to warn fans/con attendees to expect no news and inferred “multiple projects....and good things take time” aka D4. History was written and birthed the best pr for Blizz and the Diablo franchise in decades, the epic meme courtesy of W.Cheng.

No, it was not. That's a lie. Astounding what feelings force you to do with facts. Wasn't there a saying about facts and feelings? hm.

Anyways. Have fun living in this world where only one thing is good and superior and everything else is shit. I don't want to live there. So you can have it.

Byeeeeee.

ghamadvar
Aug 25, 2019 19:09:54 PM

"
Mythabril wrote:
Judging by the replies to the reporter, GGG will present something with substance and effort, while Blizzard will display bullshit on a silver plate and call it a meal.

Hah! Yup

daleyyc
Aug 25, 2019 19:51:09 PM
  • Prev
  • Next