Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

"
ghamadvar wrote:

New, original content? Like TD or Endless dungeons (like in ... D3?)? Like Pokemon? Major content? Betas. And we are the testers. Don't get me wrong: I love what GGG does. Most of the time. I love how they try to give us something new every three months. But to call it creative and major releases is just ... nonsense.

Oh so tell me mister, what would you add to this game that is "actual new and original content" that was never made in any other game that exist?

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 17:33:21 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
Oh so tell me mister, what would you add to this game that is "actual new and original content" that was never made in any other game that exist?

as soon as GGG tries to do something new people bitch and moan saying they're not sticking to the core ARPG aspects.

its always lose lose, its always bitch bitch. welcome

xMustard
Aug 24, 2019 19:06:48 PM

"
jddc78 wrote:
D3 just became stale and went into maintenance mode.

It didn't. They are working on a new update that adds a full new set for every class, and their seasons have been ramping up gradually to the point where they are nearing old PoE league mechanics (Season 18 is basically Tempest).

This is most likely because D4 is nowhere near ready and they need to find ways to keep the playerbase entertained for another year or two. I'm not expecting anything more than a D4 logo at this blizzcon, it's what they should have done last year anyway. I don't think it's in a state where they'd normally even talk about it, but their blunders have forced them at this point.

Will D4 be good or worth playing? Based on the first version they were working on and scrapped, my hype levels are at subzero. If the reaction to Immortal was bad, the reaction to Hades would have been catastrophic. As of last year they were still considering making D4 third person. It will not be offline and moddable, it's going to have multiplayer hubs like PoE, and group based instances. It will be dark and gritty, not at all cartoonish, but likely over-the-top when devs use words like "gross" to describe it.

Astasia
Aug 24, 2019 21:52:35 PM

Yeah I know how those "seasons" looks like. Hey this time you can meet TWO treasure goblins instead one! AMAZIN!

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 22:00:51 PM

Blizz is so freakn out of tune with their fanbase (former) that any Diablo game they make will never be good, guaranteed. They have def ears and only do as they please. D3 was an absolute mess. They’ve left it for dead and now try to resurrect it with new sets (also because DI is pre-fail) but the core game stinks. The season 18 is doa, a repeat of s6 , how lazy can they be. Absolutely garbage. Not Blizzard, just Bluzzturd.

DreadLordAvatar
Aug 24, 2019 22:09:11 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:

And you're calling Diablo Immortal a flop? Just because the western community didn't want a mobile game and it was presented in a REALLY bad way/timing, it's brave of you to call it a flop just yet.

nobody thinks it'll flop or fail. that's one of the biggest travesties about its existence. all the people who are going to download it "just to see what it's like" will be part of the problem, and blizzard won't learn from their horrific mobile mistsake

Imaginaerum
Aug 24, 2019 22:12:23 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
Yeah I know how those "seasons" looks like. Hey this time you can meet TWO treasure goblins instead one! AMAZIN!

That was the first one. They have gotten more complex each time, just like leagues did with PoE. Do you remember the earliest PoE leagues? Invasion? Domination? Ya.

Astasia
Aug 24, 2019 22:13:01 PM

"
Astasia wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:

That was the first one. They have gotten more complex each time, just like leagues did with PoE. Do you remember the earliest PoE leagues? Invasion? Domination? Ya.

Yes, I remember those. I still consider domination one of my favorite league and ambush as a good league. (didnt rly like invasion or anarchy)

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 22:35:21 PM

"
Imaginaerum wrote:
nobody thinks it'll flop or fail. that's one of the biggest travesties about its existence. all the people who are going to download it "just to see what it's like" will be part of the problem, and blizzard won't learn from their horrific mobile mistsake

Try looking at it from their perspective for a moment, and don't get too caught up in the fact that you, personally, view mobile games as a joke or something. The mobile gaming market is bigger than PC. It's bigger than console. Wouldn't it be kind of stupid of them not to publish a mobile game?

It's like if Coca Cola wouldn't make an energy drink, after the energy drink market exploded. It would be kind of stupid of them not to capitalize, right? After all, they are in the money-making business, just like every company in the world; gaming companies too.

And if it won't "flop", why is it a "mobile mistake"?

I get the Blizzcon disaster; hyping it up for Diablo fans - mainly a PC fan base, just to throw a mobile game in their faces - without any mentioning of a Diablo 4 - or any "candy" for the PC community. I also understand the disappointment of them outsourcing the development of said game to a Chinese company.

But a mobile game? Inevitable.

Phrazz
Aug 25, 2019 02:06:03 AM

This Blizzcon will be Diablo 4 - Overwatch news, some articles i saw referred to it as Overwatch 2, but im guessing some kind of a solo player campaign/story and the next WoW expansion.

So a pretty big Blizzcon.

Essem
Aug 25, 2019 04:47:24 AM
  • Prev
  • Next