Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

"
Aynix wrote:
Because they went with the "flow" and casualized everything in Diablo 3 so its more appealing to "casual players"(aka more money for them). Honestly Diablo 3 is so basic it feels like mobile game.

which is why it transitioned so effortlessly into Diablo Immortal

Imaginaerum
Aug 23, 2019 23:41:34 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

I wonder where you got the information to write that.

"Don't you all have phones?" guy is STILL working at Blizzard in spite of his stint at Wow for a few months developing the worse Wow expansion release. That same guy is the one who introduced the trial rifts and did not want to get rid of those. That same guy said in an interview that the game designers decide was is good to put in D3 and they decide how we play the game (That one is on youtube somewhere...).

The core team that developed D2 is gone. On the 17 (I think it is the right number) guys who worked developing originally D3 (Not the art team or marketing team, I mean the "techie" guys), only 2 are left working for Blizzard: The phone guy and a guy who came on-board a few months after D3 project started.

Starcraft 3 will not happen anymore. Officially, there will have no sequel, spinoff, etc...Remember Starcraft Ghost and the hype?

Considering the flop of the game-like Diablo Immortal they wanted just to put a skin and some lore over the code, it appears Immortal will not happen either.

Did you read the last news where Activision Blizzard fired 800 workers this year? Did you read about all the "big guys" departures at Activision Blizzard (Just go watch Rhykker on youtube, he has a few good videos on that subject).

As of now, their biggest grossing game is....Candy Crush! LOL!!! Candy darn Crush!!!! They did not even created it. They bought the company...

Seriously, I do believe Blizzard lost their creative team/creative environment years ago. D3 was blah and got its success only because of the name. Starcraft 2 was a revamped Starcraft Broadwar. Heroes of the storm is a copy of Dota. Overwatch...well...there was a game 20 years ago called Castle wolfenstein. Heartstone is another copy of a game...

Just look at POE creativity. 4 major releases with new original content per year.

kestak
Aug 24, 2019 02:31:53 AM

Sweet... bring it on.

WARPAINTER
Aug 24, 2019 03:07:57 AM

If they ever make an offline Diablo game that fully supports modding (like Grim Dawn) then I don't think I'd ever play another game.

I love Diablo. I love the Diablo universe. I love the gameplay.

I could happily spend the rest of my days just playing that one game and making mods for it :)

But if it's another always online 'unmoddable' disappointment like D3, then I'll give it a miss (at least until it's heavily discounted in a sale).

Klixen_E
Aug 24, 2019 04:25:03 AM

At blizzcon they will announce that the diablo franchise will be sold to tencent. And at exilecon, GGG will announced PATH of exile: diablo 4.

solidghost
Aug 24, 2019 05:17:28 AM

"
Klixen_E wrote:
If they ever make an offline Diablo game that fully supports modding (like Grim Dawn) then I don't think I'd ever play another game.

Grimd Dawn has mods? I didnt know that. Maybe I will check it in the future.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 07:31:09 AM

A Diablo 4 will put a dent in PoE simply because a portion of the player base will just go try it out. I don't think Blizzard will have anything ready soon, though.

Some qualities I think d4 could hit with is strong lore and simplicity/continuity in play. Much less admin, more go-go, easy entry.

But nowhere in hell can Blizzard get near the amount of content delivery for Diablo than GGG does for PoE.

It'll be a small dent at best.

kaepae
Aug 24, 2019 09:05:03 AM

"
kestak wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

I wonder where you got the information to write that.

Then you should read up a bit.

No one is disputing that Blizzard have made some questionable decisions. No one is disputing that Activision is a moneygrabbing cesspool of a company. But are they capable of making solid games? Yes.

Overwatch is a solid game, if you look objectively on it. Hearthstone is a solid game. Diablo 3 was a solid game (even though it was a crap ARPG game) - and had a huge player base for years. A game doesn't have a solid player base for years unless it has something to offer - beside its predecessor.

And you're calling Diablo Immortal a flop? Just because the western community didn't want a mobile game and it was presented in a REALLY bad way/timing, it's brave of you to call it a flop just yet.

Your thread is full of emotions and subjective views. I understand it, while this debate would be better without it.

Phrazz
Aug 24, 2019 10:18:49 AM

I don't have a phone so i can't play it anyway.

warex2500
Aug 24, 2019 10:31:49 AM

"
kestak wrote:
Seriously, I do believe Blizzard lost their creative team/creative environment years ago. D3 was blah and got its success only because of the name. Starcraft 2 was a revamped Starcraft Broadwar. Heroes of the storm is a copy of Dota. Overwatch...well...there was a game 20 years ago called Castle wolfenstein. Heartstone is another copy of a game...

Just look at POE creativity. 4 major releases with new original content per year.

New, original content? Like TD or Endless dungeons (like in ... D3?)? Like Pokemon? Major content? Betas. And we are the testers. Don't get me wrong: I love what GGG does. Most of the time. I love how they try to give us something new every three months. But to call it creative and major releases is just ... nonsense.
And D3 got its success just because of the name? Over how many years? And comparing Overwatch with Castle Wolfenstein finally proves that you don't know shit about the industry. Sorry. I am open for a real discussion. But this is hilarious. It is so .... far way .. from the reality, it is not even funny anymore.
By the way: the double standards are what annoy me the most. When GGG uses game-modes, ideas or systems that already worked in other genres/games, they are creative. When Blizzard builds on their genre- and-gaming-defining franchises, they are cheap?

@charan: well said. I also don't like Overwatch. But it shows that they know what they are doing. Most of the time ;)

ghamadvar
Aug 24, 2019 16:19:38 PM
  • Prev
  • Next