Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

"
Ratedetar wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

Which games though ? Other than overwatch all they've done for the last couple decades is ride the coattails of games made by people who no longer work for blizzard.

"Other than Overwatch"... While nearly every company out there wishes to land one overwatch. Just one. In their lifetime.

The second argument is even more nonsense. D2 defined standards in 2000. WoW in 2004. SC2 in 2010. Overwatch in 2016. (if google is correct). Expect that next genre-defining game ~2020 to 2022 ;)

They did not ride any coattails (whatever this means in an industry that needs to deliver regularly). They acted like a company with very important, successful and lucrative franchises.

Or: what Phrazz writes.

ghamadvar
Aug 23, 2019 17:18:22 PM

I don't get why GGG is in a hurry for 4.0 to compete with D4.

IF, and that's a big if, Blizzard announces D4, GGG thinks it will be released soon? Definitely no, I guess D4 will be released years later from the announcement.

FedeS
Aug 23, 2019 17:24:09 PM

"
ghamadvar wrote:

"Other than Overwatch"... While nearly every company out there wishes to land one overwatch. Just one. In their lifetime.

The second argument is even more nonsense. D2 defined standards in 2000. WoW in 2004. SC2 in 2010. Overwatch in 2016. (if google is correct). Expect that next genre-defining game ~2020 to 2022 ;)

They did not ride any coattails (whatever this means in an industry that needs to deliver regularly). They acted like a company with very important, successful and lucrative franchises.

Considering they hired a guy behind Witcher, not long time ago, I expect some big game in the future. But not the Diablo 4. Diablo franchise is dead to me.

Aynix
Aug 23, 2019 17:59:38 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
"
ghamadvar wrote:

Considering they hired a guy behind Witcher, not long time ago, I expect some big game in the future. But not the Diablo 4. Diablo franchise is dead to me.

Not only "a guy" (if the rumors are true), but nobody else than the creative director...

About Diablo being dead for you: i totally respect your oppinion. Just a question: why? D1 was D1 (nuff said). D2 was a diamond. D3 was suboptimal (to say it nicely), but got way better with RoS. Forget the immortal stuff, it is for guys with phones. So: why not bet on D4 to becoming a good game? IF Blizz listened, D4 may be good. And they already listened with RoS.

I would never take away the chance from me to play something just because... but that's my oppinion. And besides: the only game really dead for me atm is madden. And even this yearly shitshow i will try out again, IF EA starts to really make a new game that looks like a new game, feels like a new game and does not prey on my wallet (even if i never played MUT).

ghamadvar
Aug 23, 2019 18:26:42 PM

Because they went with the "flow" and casualized everything in Diablo 3 so its more appealing to "casual players"(aka more money for them). Honestly Diablo 3 is so basic it feels like mobile game.

Aynix
Aug 23, 2019 18:46:17 PM

"
and they have been known to provide quality products as well].

Cmon Chris, i know it's professional courtesy, but that has not been the case for like 11 years now.

Kasapnica
Aug 23, 2019 19:45:07 PM

Blizzcon announcement Diabololo immortal now also on pc and consoles

Gannicus2491
Aug 23, 2019 21:11:47 PM

"
Gannicus2491 wrote:
Blizzcon announcement Diabololo immortal now also on pc and consoles

Epic^^

Madtank
Aug 23, 2019 21:32:51 PM

"
Kasapnica wrote:
"
and they have been known to provide quality products as well].

Cmon Chris, i know it's professional courtesy, but that has not been the case for like 11 years now.

I absolutely love this meme, the video of this guy cracking up overlayed with the Diablo franchise is super funny.

HeManNZ
Aug 23, 2019 22:12:28 PM

I used to play both D3 seasons and PoE leagues. I enjoyed them both for what they were and can't really get onboard with criticism that D3 sucks. The gameplay was pretty great and super fluid. Coupled with the fact that the majority of players were basically in a SSF mode and you spent all your time fighting ... which is pretty great.

D3 just became stale and went into maintenance mode. I would still play both if it weren't the case.

If Bliz makes a D4 you will see a ton of people give it a try and I think there is room for both games to coexist. I don't think you'll see a mass exodus of PoE. This game keeps growing and giving reasons for people to play.

In my opinion the single biggest thing PoE needs to do is improve performance and QoL. They won't lose players due to content. But as someone else posted, this game has become a bit of a crashfest and the shenanigans you have to go through to trade are enough to get people frustrated enough to abandon eventually.

jddc78
Aug 23, 2019 23:26:36 PM
  • Prev
  • Next