Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

i think they said the most powerful items would be mythic items btw, that they would have something like 4 legendary properties but be restricted to 1 of them equipped at any given time. i forget who said that and where they said it but it came up on a stream.

Snorkle_uk
Nov 02, 2019 15:55:56 PM

Diablo 4 Panel Blizzcon 2019 SYSTEMS and FEATURES (45 minutes talk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbOXITEMVNs

Reinhart
Nov 03, 2019 03:05:30 AM

"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
poeGT wrote:
HAHAHAHA they are actually fking making some items BOE and BOP?!?! LOL THEY DON'T LEARN.

ROFL. POE has nothing to worry about.

Holy cow blizzard are SO greedy that they will ruin the main aspect of a genre because they're scared or 3rd party sales.

Holy cow, their incompetence is hilarious.

HOW about stop trying to make EVERY person happy and make the game YOU WANT TO MAKE. They are so cowardly.

Not 'some' items.
They have stated rares will be atleast as powerful or more powerfull as legendaries and set items. They have also stated the most powerful items will be bind-on-pickup, and that powerful items will be trade-once. Meaning sets/legendaries are powerful = trade-once, and rares(most powerful) are bind-on-pickup.
So basically the only thing to be freely traded is normal and magic items. Just stupid, making loot not matter in a loothunting game. For me this makes the game dead-on-arrival.

It is as if the police puts everyone in a country in jail, because two people robbed the bank. It is just overreacting from blizzard, to the D3 scare-crowd. Those who see small issues as the end of the world.
Yes, there are issues like third party sites, sellers, botters, dupers, and scammers, but those are not as widespread or influential in-game as they make it seem to be. Most players just play and play legit. You can also see this in PoE, if everyone would do even one of those things... everyone would be level 100 with 40 challenges and thousands of exalted orbs lols. Not happening!

So I agree, no-trading = PoE has nothing to worry about.

''Yes, there are issues like third party sites, sellers, botters, dupers, and scammers, but those are not as widespread or influential in-game as they make it seem to be''

Um why do you think I avoid World chat? Sellers covering the whole screen trying to sell you stuff every 10 seconds or so. They are indeed as widespread as you think.

Same for scammers, and since GGG's usual policy is to protect them, I'm surprised one of the diehard's fan defending point is ''those things are not that widespread'' when they clearly are.

andreicde
Nov 03, 2019 04:09:25 AM

"
Reinhart wrote:
Diablo 4 Panel Blizzcon 2019 SYSTEMS and FEATURES (45 minutes talk)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbOXITEMVNs

Thanks,

So Blizzard gave in to the d2 nostalgia, you can now put in skillpoints into your ability´s. Pretty selfexplanotory were they will go into, however the stepstone perk upgrades are intresting.

And they return the stupid Resource generater and spender system, were as the generator´s are boring but necessary and the spenders are amaizing but not frequent useable. They have to get rid of this resource bouncing it´s irritating.
And of course completly mandatory power Cooldowns like Wrath of the Berserker.
I only hope, that passive-active ability´s such as ""Battle Cry"" or ""Mantra´s"" won´t return, this stuff is not worthy to be in a ""Action-Bar"".

I spoted the next mayor itemization flaw, multiple itemslot´s enhance a single skill and that made d3 so narrow in item choice.
For mythic item´s they should do something mindblowingly diffrent to earn there ultimate item status.
Well ""mythic"" sound´s stupid for a diablo game, i´d rather be able to put a soulstone form one of the 7 evil´s into my head or helmet, that would be cool.

I don´t mind simplyfid stat´s like Offense and devense, but i´m not a huge fan of stats like %resource cost reduction or cooldown reduction, they didn´t realy work in d3, because why not have reasonable skillcost and cooldown´s in the first place.

The Runeword-system is actually 1 to 1 what i have suggested on diablofans.com jears ago and i love it. Ironicly, The ""Condition"" runes are more intresting support gem´s.

Pwnzors87
Nov 03, 2019 04:39:11 AM

A look at Diablo 4 on Blizzcon by Lama (professional) together with Zizaran:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=9&v=W48GaGM2lRM

Reinhart
Nov 04, 2019 11:40:53 AM

"
andreicde wrote:
"
sarannah101 wrote:
"
poeGT wrote:
HAHAHAHA they are actually fking making some items BOE and BOP?!?! LOL THEY DON'T LEARN.

ROFL. POE has nothing to worry about.

Holy cow blizzard are SO greedy that they will ruin the main aspect of a genre because they're scared or 3rd party sales.

Holy cow, their incompetence is hilarious.

HOW about stop trying to make EVERY person happy and make the game YOU WANT TO MAKE. They are so cowardly.

Not 'some' items.
They have stated rares will be atleast as powerful or more powerfull as legendaries and set items. They have also stated the most powerful items will be bind-on-pickup, and that powerful items will be trade-once. Meaning sets/legendaries are powerful = trade-once, and rares(most powerful) are bind-on-pickup.
So basically the only thing to be freely traded is normal and magic items. Just stupid, making loot not matter in a loothunting game. For me this makes the game dead-on-arrival.

It is as if the police puts everyone in a country in jail, because two people robbed the bank. It is just overreacting from blizzard, to the D3 scare-crowd. Those who see small issues as the end of the world.
Yes, there are issues like third party sites, sellers, botters, dupers, and scammers, but those are not as widespread or influential in-game as they make it seem to be. Most players just play and play legit. You can also see this in PoE, if everyone would do even one of those things... everyone would be level 100 with 40 challenges and thousands of exalted orbs lols. Not happening!

So I agree, no-trading = PoE has nothing to worry about.

''Yes, there are issues like third party sites, sellers, botters, dupers, and scammers, but those are not as widespread or influential in-game as they make it seem to be''

Um why do you think I avoid World chat? Sellers covering the whole screen trying to sell you stuff every 10 seconds or so. They are indeed as widespread as you think.

Same for scammers, and since GGG's usual policy is to protect them, I'm surprised one of the diehard's fan defending point is ''those things are not that widespread'' when they clearly are.

They really aren't... yes players do get scammed. But those are like a dozen a week or so. Compared to 10000's of players, this isn't much. So no, not as widespread.
And worldchat: There are a quite few spammers, and lots of botspammers. These are always annoying and there in every game. But it honestly seems alot worse due to the same characters spamming the same message over and over. Like a few dozen at the same time tops. Compared to 10000's of players, this isn't much. So again, not as widespread as some seem to make it out to be.

It may seem like I am defending, but I have posted on numerous threads in the past that GGG should take action against scammers. Can't really comment on the spammersolution since they always keep making new messages to get around the filter. GGG did already block most possible add solutions though.

A real problem, which also makes the above issues worse, is players themselves. If players pay attention to scammers/trades and do not buy currency/gear, these would automatically disappear. It is basically a circle in which the worst keeps the worse alive.

I see pricefixers as a much more widespread issue to be honest. As they affect all items, all item prices, and prey on new players to make a profit. A very restricted AH would prevent this, making it so you can't list items for a low price without the intention to sell them, as they would sell.
Pricefixers affect everyone, due to disrupting trading on a monumental level. This would actually be a widespread issue in my opinion.

Anyways, those all need to be solved. You can call me a die-hard PoE fan, but if I disapprove of something I will mention it.

sarannah101
Nov 04, 2019 13:30:40 PM
  • Prev