Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

Dont forget guys Blizzard was making game when Chris Wilson was still wearing pull-ups.

The quality/stability and support of their games is still way ahead of what GGG can pull out...

Dont underestimate them , we could be surprised.

ffogell
Aug 23, 2019 14:16:13 PM

"Dont underestimate them , we could be surprised."
sure, just wait more 10 years.. and more 5 for get something new on the game.. but meanwhile you can buy this loot box o/ -.-

trezorzetto
Aug 23, 2019 14:56:16 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

Which games though ? Other than overwatch all they've done for the last couple decades is ride the coattails of games made by people who no longer work for blizzard.

Ratedetar
Aug 23, 2019 15:21:13 PM

I’ve give up on hopes for D4 a long time ago.. Did a lot of D3 cos was fun to play in group with friends, what I’m missing in PoE:( cos it is so fast and covers screens with all t mess so any party play is impossible!

KOrchann
Aug 23, 2019 15:29:45 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

I will keep my eyes open for D4. I fear it will be the same casual mess, with no hard choices, change everything on the fly and no real builds - in a cartoony wrapping. But there's still a chance it will be a solid game.

Blight league will be a much needed break for me. I need it. My addiction needs it. And other games need my attention/addiction.

What they've said so far about D4 is very promising, especially the critisms they leveled at D3. Not that D3 was a bad game, it was pretty fantastic. It just didn't have the right tone for Diablo and it sounds like they are going back to D1/D2 for inspiration.

Asmosis
Aug 23, 2019 15:39:41 PM

"
ffogell wrote:
Dont forget guys Blizzard was making game when Chris Wilson was still wearing pull-ups.

The quality/stability and support of their games is still way ahead of what GGG can pull out...

Dont underestimate them , we could be surprised.

thats the thing. blizzard is a company. companies don't make games. good game developers make good games. and the game developers that were making games when chris wilson was still wearing pull-ups are no long making games with blizzard.

to just label blizzard and this blizzard is good at games is not so true.

even if they announce d4 it'll just be an announcement and you'll need to wait a few years to see anything about it - guaranteed.
even at that point, blizzard has been under fire for lack of d4 for awhile now that it'll be a rushed out mess with nothing new, no love, no innovation, no fun.

xMustard
Aug 23, 2019 15:59:19 PM

There wont be Diablo 4. They will just give some update on Diablo Immortal (still not finished, but wait for it!).
However, if they will announce Diablo 4, I can be 101% sure it will be rushed crap worse than even Diablo 3.

Aynix
Aug 23, 2019 16:01:13 PM

"
Asmosis wrote:
Not that D3 was a bad game, it was pretty fantastic. It just didn't have the right tone for Diablo and it sounds like they are going back to D1/D2 for inspiration.

By all means, D3 was/is a good game; a good action game. But it is/was a bad Diablo game and it is/was a bad ARPG game.

"
Ratedetar wrote:
Which games though ? Other than overwatch all they've done for the last couple decades is ride the coattails of games made by people who no longer work for blizzard.

A sequel will always "ride the coattails" of its prequels. You can't blame Blizzard for that. But you can't view this subjectively.

Did I try Diablo 3? Yes. Did I like it? No. Did it have a pretty solid player base for years? Yes. People don't play a game for years because of its predecessors. Diablo 3 did A LOT of things right if you forget about Diablo 2. It IS/WAS a solid game, but a bad Diablo/ARPG game.

EVERY Blizzard game that I can think of, is a solid game in itself. Technically? Good. Graphically? Good. Polished? By all means. Blizzard don't get hate for making bad games. They get hate because the sequels they've released after D2 haven't lived up to the (unfair?) expectations of fans with an overly romantic remembrance of a game, experienced in their youth.

I can't think of one Blizzard game that is a bad gaming experience on its own: objectively speaking. And their "new" IP's? Hearthstone? Overwatch? Very poplar games. HoTS? Pretty much a fail, where they tried something new in a very "set" genre, with 2-3 rock solid "Goliat's" competing with them.

People are too buthurt these days and struggle to view things objectively.

Phrazz
Aug 23, 2019 16:25:11 PM

"
wierdzodi wrote:
If this has been posted already, please delete.

Chris Wilson: We have a lot of stuff to announce which we can’t get into any details yet. As you know, BlizzCon will be happening two weeks before ExileCon. If I’m a betting man, one of their announcements might involve a certain Diablo game [and they have been known to provide quality products as well]. Our goal [with our announcements] is to show how our game matches up so people can think about the two products, and to show the best action RPG that we can make. It’s like a classic “David vs. Goliath” story. - PCINVASION

Mike Donais(Blizzard)HS:

Q: Can you spoil what you’ll be announcing at Blizzcon? We promise not to tell anyone.
A: Yeah, if you don't tell anyone. Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years. It is going to be amazing!

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6910-mike-donais-stream-q-a-potential-nerfs-leaked

I believe it is possible but will as usual keep my expectations low, also silence on immortal since the backlash, canceled? Chris really seems to believe Diablo IV is coming.

After the last shitshow at Blizzcon with their 'Diablo announcement'... those nerds can hype as much lip service as they want.

When Blizz talks it's like they be right handed in southpaw stance.

bloodstainedcrown
Aug 23, 2019 16:27:25 PM

"
t0lkien wrote:
"
D4 will be made by Blizz. 0/10

Correct. Today's Blizzard can't make Diablo 4. PoE is going to get another boost up by the next round of Blizzard disappointment, mark my words.

It won't matter. The long term war will be won by the platform/game that is the most user friendly. Not having basic, expected QoL features like automated trading means you lose that war no matter how good your game is. All a Blizzard employee has to do to win the argument is explain to the listener what a player has to do to trade for items in PoE. Doesn't even have to say a single word about D4.

GhostlightX
Aug 23, 2019 17:02:27 PM
  • Prev
  • Next