Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

"
And you guys are so up to date but don't even know that legendary helmet gems were announced as a definite thing coming two years ago when the darkening of tristram launched. 90% of the content that's come wasn't even announced to boot.

As I see it, everything that was teased before the game went into "classic games" mod (aka "maintenance mode") has to be disregarded.

I understand you want this. I understand you think it will come. I understand you're "demanding" it. But to pass it off as a "fact"? That's a little bit too much, isn't it? I think it won't come; but at least I'm aware that's it's my belief - and not a fact.

"
I don't care if you guys don't believe this stuff, but stop acting like you know fucking anything about it. Like holy fucking drone, I've never heard such mindless nonsense. "I didn't know about what you're saying first, so you're wrong."

Sorry, dude. Didn't think it meant that much to you.

"
Edit: And another huge one, not one class uses spears.

And this is a "proof" that spear-using classes will come?

Phrazz
Sep 02, 2019 20:10:05 PM

No, but we might get a dragons league.

al3xro
Sep 02, 2019 22:37:37 PM

"
Phrazz wrote:
*snip*

Well when it eventually happens, like everything else they teased but never announced to non players did, you can gobble deez nuts.

Necromancer was never announced either, they just hinted at it in game with bounties, and later a tooltip before dropping it on people out of nowhere. Just like the tooltip they randomly added talking about Druids, who use spears.

BloodPuddles420
Sep 03, 2019 00:20:12 AM

Bump, just few more hours until the Blizzcon opening ceremony, i was a bit skeptical at first but Diablo 4 seems to be happening as Chris predicted.

Check this out from Blizzcon. This thogeter with all the recent information more or less confirms D4 to me.

Could be leaked art from the opening cinematic, seems legit.

If proven true later today, will be very interesting to see how GGG will respond with 4.0.0.

P.S. if necessary, move to off-topic.

wierdzodi
Nov 01, 2019 12:26:05 PM

More Diablo 4 images have leaked ahead of its official BlizzCon 2019 reveal

https://www.gamesradar.com/diablo-4-is-one-big-throwback-to-diablo-2-according-to-latest-blizzcon-2019-leak/

Reinhart
Nov 01, 2019 12:47:07 PM

"
wierdzodi wrote:
Check this out from Blizzcon. This thogeter with all the recent information more or less confirms D4 to me.

now this is interesting... really interesting..

why would they put this there? clearly the leaks were actually legit then they are going back to gore diablo? how promising..

edit: thanks for sharing this.

Xystre
Nov 01, 2019 13:33:50 PM

Mounts? Really? Why does a game like diablo need mounts? Hope they don't go "open world" on us.

Shagsbeard
Nov 01, 2019 14:26:39 PM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Mounts? Really? Why does a game like diablo need mounts? Hope they don't go "open world" on us.

I wouldn't mind them going open world, or semi open world. Would be a fresh take on the genre. Anyhow, mounts could also just be a way to give every class a second set/iteration of skills: Every skill plays/acts out different on a mount.

Phrazz
Nov 01, 2019 15:06:11 PM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

TIP to GGG developers: don't put mounts in your game. It is really silly.

3 hours and we will know more what Diablo 4 might bring to the table.

Some more info scraped from Asmongold:

Spoiler
Official Title - Diablo IV (No sub title)

Camera View and Genre - Isometric MMOARPG

No Load Times (except loading in the game for the first time or logging in and out)

New sophisticated Engine with a ton of improvements over Diablo III and new functionalities for new gameplay systems and visual design

Made for consoles in mind from the get go

Art Style is VERY dark, gory/bloody and gritty - think Diablo II days mixed with Dark Souls and Bloodborne but much more modernized obviously. The new engine is able to create atmospheric visuals and dark tones that immerse the players. Picture the world of Sanctuary as if it was in the Dark Souls or Bloodborne universe. Super dark and gothic.

Blizzard are happy with the many systems and improvements they've made over the course of Diablo III: Reaper of Souls such as the Kunai Cube, Wardrobe loadouts, Seasonal Journeys, Rifts/G-Rifts and so on.

Blizzard learned a lot from their Diablo III and Reaper of Souls mistakes/lessons and used the feedback to create and design new and improved systems for Diablo IV

Music is going to harken back to Diablo I and Diablo II.

Reinhart
Nov 01, 2019 15:57:54 PM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:

they can try anything new that they like as long as its actually forward leaning instead of some attempt to recreate past nostalgia with somebody who knows fuck all about it at the helm.

Most of the design errors for D3 could have been pointed out by literally anyone.

I'm expecting them to remake D2 with some kind of modern spin, open world wouldn't be the worst if its done with some fucking passion for once.

Draegnarrr
Nov 01, 2019 16:22:48 PM
  • Prev
  • Next