Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

Wow, that was extremely long. Equally informative and well written though. That guy is fucking good at what he does.

Hopefully they stick with their original plan for Hades making it extremely hard (or trying to at least). Having an over the shoulder camera would be a huge plus too.

I'm really hoping that they at least half ass finish D3 before eventually making an announcement though. I won't be able to go in to it with a good mind set if they don't get the last classes in first.

The massive amount more they've been doing for the last couple of seasons makes me think they would though.

BloodPuddles420
Aug 30, 2019 22:00:16 PM

"
Hopefully they stick with their original plan for Hades making it extremely hard (or trying to at least). Having an over the shoulder camera would be a huge plus too.

I'm really hoping that they at least half ass finish D3 before eventually making an announcement though. I won't be able to go in to it with a good mind set if they don't get the last classes in first.

The massive amount more they've been doing for the last couple of seasons makes me think they would though.

Fans have been vocal about the importance of D4 sticking to the traditional 'isometric view', and they claim to ''listen'', maybe they'll add an optional third-person camera?

As for D3 there was a news-post not long ago explaining the future ''support'' for the game, apart from balance tweaking and more legendary powers there is going to be a new set for each class. No mentioning of a class(i highly doubt it).

If D4 announcement happens at Blizzcon this year, it's likely going to be at the very least 3-4 years before the game is released. So it makes sense for them to keep D3 semi-alive, but their attention will be on D4. I wouldn't be surprised if the ''Druid'' is one of the classes in D4, as it alongside the Necro were the most requested for D3.

P.S 'Project Hades' was pretty much scrapped(according to the article iirc), after the disaster of last year's immortal fiasco it makes sense for them to stick with the 'project Fenris' plans, but then again they hired the Witcher 3 director.

wierdzodi
Aug 31, 2019 14:52:04 PM

"

What are you talking about? Diablo 3 was put on maintenance mode a long time ago. Even though you personally don't view it as "finished", it has been finished a long time.

A considerable addition to Diablo 3 is FAR less likely than a Diablo 4. Hell, is far less likely than a Diablo 7.

Phrazz
Aug 31, 2019 15:32:58 PM

Hope so tired of PoE, fuck this league. Rather than being passively boring, now it's actively screwing up my build AND the way I play. So I'm waiting for Diablo 4. Done with this game.

On a related note, Last Epoch releases next April, and it shows promise.

MeltedWater
Sep 02, 2019 04:24:49 AM

I would love for Bizzard to bring back some of the old magic, in D4. D3 was just not very fun, for me. I like POE (been here since closed beta), but it needs serious competition and plus I like to have more than just one game.

Really interested in both D4 and what POE does with 4.0. What POE does woth 4.0 will determine my continued interest in it, moving forward.

DS_Deadman
Sep 02, 2019 04:42:57 AM

"
Phrazz wrote:
"

What are you talking about? Diablo 3 was put on maintenance mode a long time ago. Even though you personally don't view it as "finished", it has been finished a long time.

A considerable addition to Diablo 3 is FAR less likely than a Diablo 4. Hell, is far less likely than a Diablo 7.

It's not how I view it, it's a fact. There's two more classes coming. I really doubt they aren't gonna give all the classes their last two passives too. You clearly haven't played Diablo 3 in an extremely long time if you don't know these things.

BloodPuddles420
Sep 02, 2019 04:56:26 AM

"
It's not how I view it, it's a fact. There's two more classes coming.

You're right; I haven't played Diablo 3 in a really long time. But I try to stay updated, and I have seriously never heard any (believable) rumors or stutter about two additional classes. What I have heard, on the other hand, is that Blizzard's Classic Games team took over the development of Diablo 3 a "while" ago, hinting towards no more DLC or major updates. And we all "know" that Blizzard won't release additional classes without payed DLC.

Anyhow, I'm not saying you're wrong, as you clearly play the game and arguably know more than me. But if you could point me towards any official statements or forum post about these new classes, I would be thankful. I'm not bashing here, I'm honestly curious.

Phrazz
Sep 02, 2019 07:28:30 AM

@Phrazz
There's no official statement saying new classes for Diablo 3 are coming. I'm in the same boat as you in that I follow Diablo 3 news and season information loosely... but lose interest very fast when I revisit the game.
However they did release the Necromancer in 2017 - 3 years after Reaper of Souls; I considered Diablo 3 a dead game in 2017... so I wouldn't be surprised if they had at least 1 more class for Diablo 3 coming in 2019/20.
Guess we'll see.

WARPAINTER
Sep 02, 2019 09:47:22 AM

"

It's not how I view it, it's a fact. There's two more classes coming. I really doubt they aren't gonna give all the classes their last two passives too. You clearly haven't played Diablo 3 in an extremely long time if you don't know these things.

Diablo 3 has been in maintenance mode for a very long time now. - fact

Blizzard did not even announce a single new characters, let alone two. - fact

"Our crew is hard at work crafting additional Themed Seasons, a new set for each class, dozens of Legendary powers, and some class balance changes" - fact

At least be up to date with the game you are playing.

Volband
Sep 02, 2019 10:42:43 AM

They've been teasing that new stuff was coming in game since it released with blank spaces. Then there's the huge part where there's now 3 intelligence classes.

And you guys are so up to date but don't even know that legendary helmet gems were announced as a definite thing coming two years ago when the darkening of tristram launched. 90% of the content that's come wasn't even announced to boot.

I don't care if you guys don't believe this stuff, but stop acting like you know fucking anything about it. Like holy fucking drone, I've never heard such mindless nonsense. "I didn't know about what you're saying first, so you're wrong."

Edit: And another huge one, not one class uses spears.

BloodPuddles420
Sep 02, 2019 18:19:46 PM
  • Prev
  • Next