Forum Index General Discussion So Diablo IV at Blizzcon this year(Chris interview)?

History

If this has been posted already, please delete.

Chris Wilson: We have a lot of stuff to announce which we can’t get into any details yet. As you know, BlizzCon will be happening two weeks before ExileCon. If I’m a betting man, one of their announcements might involve a certain Diablo game [and they have been known to provide quality products as well]. Our goal [with our announcements] is to show how our game matches up so people can think about the two products, and to show the best action RPG that we can make. It’s like a classic “David vs. Goliath” story. - PCINVASION

Mike Donais(Blizzard)HS:

Q: Can you spoil what you’ll be announcing at Blizzcon? We promise not to tell anyone.
A: Yeah, if you don't tell anyone. Blizzcon will be better than it has been in like 10 years. It is going to be amazing!

https://www.hearthpwn.com/news/6910-mike-donais-stream-q-a-potential-nerfs-leaked

I believe it is possible but will as usual keep my expectations low, also silence on immortal since the backlash, canceled? Chris really seems to believe Diablo IV is coming.

wierdzodi
Aug 23, 2019 09:42:30 AM

D4 will be made by Blizz. 0/10

DreadLordAvatar
Aug 23, 2019 09:47:39 AM

I can't help but being cautiously optimistic about this blizzcon, and I'm really not an actiblizz fan. At the very least, if they announce D4 at least PoE will have some competition and GGG will need to step up their game (further).

pr13st
Aug 23, 2019 09:51:10 AM

They will announce it this blizzcon i'm sure but how far along it is remains to be seen, they apparently already threw out one major iteration so it might be 2022 before we even see it rofl.

Draegnarrr
Aug 23, 2019 09:59:50 AM

Judging by the replies to the reporter, GGG will present something with substance and effort, while Blizzard will display bullshit on a silver plate and call it a meal.

Mythabril
Aug 23, 2019 10:08:32 AM

"
D4 will be made by Blizz. 0/10

Correct. Today's Blizzard can't make Diablo 4. PoE is going to get another boost up by the next round of Blizzard disappointment, mark my words.

t0lkien
Aug 23, 2019 10:25:35 AM

The guys over at Blizzard are still capable of making solid games, even though the doomsayers strongly disagree.

I will keep my eyes open for D4. I fear it will be the same casual mess, with no hard choices, change everything on the fly and no real builds - in a cartoony wrapping. But there's still a chance it will be a solid game.

Blight league will be a much needed break for me. I need it. My addiction needs it. And other games need my attention/addiction.

Phrazz
Aug 23, 2019 10:34:21 AM

If Blizz is making D4 and I enjoy the game, I will switch over prolly untill the game becomes boring.
Main issue with D3 and forth was lack of replayabillity.

Hasunic
Aug 23, 2019 10:39:22 AM

if d4 on pc doesn't look cartoonish and you need to point and click to master it, i would give it a chance.

but neither is realisitc.

console target switching and/or menu juggling shit is the lowest common multiple and will destroy the pc arpg feeling.

vio
Aug 23, 2019 11:49:42 AM

After what blizzard did to D3 and WoW(pruning, no flying, etc) I honestly do not care for any of their games anymore. Including new ones, even if they would be a 10/10. Not interested. Besides, there won't be a D4.

Quite happy playing PoE and TESO at the moment(even though these have their issues as well).

PS: I really hope everyone going to blizzcon goes wearing red shirts just to scare the sh** out of blizzard hehe

sarannah101
Aug 23, 2019 12:03:15 PM
  • Next