Forum Index General Discussion 3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

History

"
Exile009 wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
Borderlands 3 is an Epic Store exclusive. BOYCOTT!! \o/

Who cares. At least its not steam exclusive, I hate steam.

You hate Steam more than the guys habitually lying out of their ass and pulling all this crap? https://youtu.be/aSzAu_WbgeY

I still hate Steam. I never had any "contact" with Epic Games so I cant hate it.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 11:27:55 AM

Thank you for letting us know the sad truth of your incoming break.

The new mechanics look great to me, the game is not only about getting movement speed and finish the map in 30 seconds. If you feel that way, nothing is stopping you to play standard league or just ignore all the mechanics and enjoy your fast-pacing ARPG. (I guess you have not played many of them, because not all of them are really about clear speed grind.)

I really did not like melee league, and now I regret I did not write some heartbreaking story about it.

Thank you again for letting us all know, I miss you already very much.

lolcaaa
Aug 24, 2019 23:01:22 PM

"
lolcaaa wrote:
Thank you for letting us know the sad truth of your incoming break.

The new mechanics look great to me, the game is not only about getting movement speed and finish the map in 30 seconds. If you feel that way, nothing is stopping you to play standard league or just ignore all the mechanics and enjoy your fast-pacing ARPG. (I guess you have not played many of them, because not all of them are really about clear speed grind.)

I really did not like melee league, and now I regret I did not write some heartbreaking story about it.

Thank you again for letting us all know, I miss you already very much.

I will back, and it appears 3.9 will be quite large, so I'm interested.

There are many gaming choices at the moment and upcoming, and what I have seen of the league, it won't compete for my time.

Other leagues have definitely drawn me in, most recently this league. Again I'm disappointed that this Blight league is drifting so far from normal arpg mechanics, and on top of that, it tremendously slows down what makes arpgs great.

I do hope others enjoy the league, as I said in my post, and it's likely I will get the Sentinel Overload pack before the league ends. There is no reason to be passive aggressive just because I don't like when GGG strays from the core mechanics that made the game so good.

Finally, the fact that if someone isn't all aboard the hype train, the salt mines open on these forums, is depressing. Not a new development, but depressing none the less.

DarthSki44
Aug 25, 2019 00:40:19 AM

Legion, although a league purely oriented around go fast, play-all-the-time-types, was a lot of fun. I actually quit the league, came back, and really enjoyed myself. Mostly because I got a hold of a great melee build that allowed me to actually run t15s without too much trouble.

really, really not feeling the hype on "tower defense".

plasticeyes
Aug 25, 2019 01:05:58 AM

its just curious how people complain about GGG trying to be innovative, saying they're straying from core arpg (even though the entire rest of the game is completely fine)
yet people complain that legion was too boring and not enough to it etc.

not every league should be super simple because that would be tiring. i don't fault GGG for trying new things like synthesis, even though i hated synthesis.
i'll try out this new league, we'll see. but i don't fault or complain about them trying new things. they need to or else this game will die much sooner than otherwise

xMustard
Aug 25, 2019 03:33:14 AM

I'm sure its not easy to innovate every league, to the extent it feels distinct from previous leagues. Some will be great, and others mediocre, but good on them for trying new ideas!

HeManNZ
Aug 25, 2019 03:35:29 AM
  • Prev