Forum Index General Discussion 3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

History

"
Raycheetah wrote:
Huh. Could be a secret test to see how many players will play in Standard. I know the missus and I will be. =^[.]^=

I think GGG has offered an interesting new mechanic to the game with Blight. I'll probably skip it and play Standard as well, but I'd rather see GGG trying new aspects of the game rather than just finding a new loot explosion league. Delve and Incursion were good additions, and Synthesis could be as well with a lot of retooling.

DalaiLama
Aug 23, 2019 00:37:15 AM

"
Rexeos wrote:
"
Arandur wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I do think they should try new things, I have no problem with taking risks. But they should learn from previous leagues and experiments, that the further they get from the core arpg, less successful.

Bestiary, Synthesis, and now Blight all deviate quite a bit from what makes PoE fun(imo)

It will be interesting to see the numbers, but my suspicion is that the core arpg players will not be super invested in this mechanic. (Skipping / Minimum use for crafting)

+1.

I play PoE for it's fast action gameplay and it's customization options.
I don't want to fiddle around with more clunky UIs, building Towers and crap.
Will try it out, but I guess other games will take my spare time in the next 3 months^^

I guess those who do not enjoy labyrinth will not like blight leage as well..

There are people that enjoy the Lab?!

*Shudders

DarthSki44
Aug 23, 2019 00:48:43 AM

k

smkbby
Aug 23, 2019 13:37:21 PM

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Well I suppose I should be grateful that this league looks meh at best.

With BL3 and Destiny's expansion in September(Oct 1st), the time I can allot to gaming was stretched super thin.

With regards to PoE & leagues I think GGG should be careful not to stray too far from its arpg roots(no pun intended), and what made the game successful.

Tabletop (Synthesis), and Tower Defense (Blight), dont really highlight what makes PoE good.

Anyways I do hope some folks enjoy the league, and maybe the supporter pack cosmetics will be cool. For me, truthfully I'm both disappointed, and relieved that I dont feel the need to play.

I cant agree. My opinion isnt popular but... Synthesis was best league ever. And Legion? Was rly bad... Only Bestiary was worst, only little better then Breach. I am sure next league will be great! (sorry for my "inglis")

DariusVortex
Aug 23, 2019 13:51:26 PM

LOL! I see GGG Support are already handing out free backhands again. Just as I was about to quote that very "civil" discussion, it already got deleted :D

CaptainWARLORD
Aug 23, 2019 13:57:10 PM

I'm not excited about having to interact with an additional UI, TD, but I'll give it a try. I can always have fun in standard if I find it takes too much piano keyboarding.

Mythreindeer
Aug 24, 2019 04:07:02 AM

I too felt that the new league will be crappy. But as more information comes in, I am starting to feel that it might just be worth my time to play the new league.

Those new notables look interesting and the blight routes look short enough not to take up too much time from mapping. And you get to play tower defence as well. Plus all those QOL. Maybe we should give it a shot first.

solidghost
Aug 24, 2019 05:21:11 AM

"
solidghost wrote:
the blight routes look short enough not to take up too much time from mapping.

that is not how I felt watching this...

https://youtu.be/yrPMftRZ6X4

DarthSki44
Aug 24, 2019 05:24:32 AM

...Hate to at least prod your bubble, but those of you saying 'I can always just play in standard' might be forgetting how implicitly league-related balance changes affect standard too...

鬼殺し
Aug 24, 2019 05:26:48 AM

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

There are people that enjoy the Lab?!

*Shudders

No. They just enjoy how much money they can earn by doing it.

Aynix
Aug 24, 2019 07:28:47 AM
  • Prev
  • Next