Forum Index General Discussion 3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

History

"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I'm not sure its "asinine" to make the point that I'm concerned about GGG mechanic drifts in league play. In concerned about power creep and trade too, but those are not being addressed at all this league.

I'm sorry, but the fact is I'm not interested in this tower defense, slower paced, cumbersome mechanic.

I will check back with 3.9, as I will be playing other games.

My initial OP wasnt hostile, and I did wish those who decide to play a good time. I will also support GGG if the cosmetics are cool.

I like PoE, but damn, sometimes I dont like the quirky things they do that dont seem to mesh with arpgs in genernal.

Catch em all Bestiary, Table Top Synthesis, and now Tower Defense Blight, just dont appeal to me and how I like to play. Breach, Legion, Betrayal are far better examples imo (and I think the numbers will show it)

It is asisine as we haven't played it yet and have next to no information.
Your interpretation is also strange. using synthesis as the negative example is strange, bestiary is nearer to it. You stay in maps, the enchounters are short and endleague mechanics seem to be maps too. No strange instances, no additional zones etc. this league from my observations has more to do with abyss then with either bestiary or synthesis. the supporterpacks look at bit edgy but hey :D

"
Aynix wrote:

Who cares. At least its not steam exclusive, I hate steam.

there are no steam exclusive titles, as steam doesn't forbid publishers to launch their game anywhere else. when the publisher decides to not use another store it's still not called an exclusive title.

tsunamikun
Aug 22, 2019 20:05:12 PM

"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

I'm not sure its "asinine" to make the point that I'm concerned about GGG mechanic drifts in league play. In concerned about power creep and trade too, but those are not being addressed at all this league.

I'm sorry, but the fact is I'm not interested in this tower defense, slower paced, cumbersome mechanic.

I will check back with 3.9, as I will be playing other games.

My initial OP wasnt hostile, and I did wish those who decide to play a good time. I will also support GGG if the cosmetics are cool.

I like PoE, but damn, sometimes I dont like the quirky things they do that dont seem to mesh with arpgs in genernal.

Catch em all Bestiary, Table Top Synthesis, and now Tower Defense Blight, just dont appeal to me and how I like to play. Breach, Legion, Betrayal are far better examples imo (and I think the numbers will show it)

It is asisine as we haven't played it yet and have next to no information.
Your interpretation is also strange. using synthesis as the negative example is strange, bestiary is nearer to it. You stay in maps, the enchounters are short and endleague mechanics seem to be maps too. No strange instances, no additional zones etc. this league from my observations has more to do with abyss then with either bestiary or synthesis. the supporterpacks look at bit edgy but hey :D

"
Aynix wrote:

Who cares. At least its not steam exclusive, I hate steam.

there are no steam exclusive titles, as steam doesn't forbid publishers to launch their game anywhere else. when the publisher decides to not use another store it's still not called an exclusive title.

Idk man this looks extremely painful...

https://youtu.be/yrPMftRZ6X4

DarthSki44
Aug 22, 2019 20:22:25 PM

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

Boy am I glad you told everyone that you were skipping 3.8!
I don't know how many sleepless nights I would have had wondering where you were!

Phew!

Gulch
Aug 22, 2019 20:49:23 PM

"
Gulch wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

Boy am I glad you told everyone that you were skipping 3.8!
I don't know how many sleepless nights I would have had wondering where you were!

Phew!

Sick burn bro. Thanx for the bump.

DarthSki44
Aug 22, 2019 21:03:24 PM

I think it's great they are throwing out bold random temporary change like towers. Maybe it won't be fun, but we need a break-up of current drudgery.

The changes to master missions is something I am sure everyone wanted. Mapping and gameplay being broken up was beyond annoying, now we can store them and choose to do them when we want. Amazing change.

poeGT
Aug 22, 2019 21:22:22 PM

All these people and even OP talking about how they dont like this and they arent playing....

1. Who are you randoms?
2. Who cares?
3. Stop talking about it and just go.

If you cant do anything but complain then why bother posting? lol

Trespeon
Aug 22, 2019 21:30:31 PM

"
Trespeon wrote:
All these people and even OP talking about how they dont like this and they arent playing....

1. Who are you randoms?
2. Who cares?
3. Stop talking about it and just go.

If you cant do anything but complain then why bother posting? lol

Idk seems like a legitimate argument to make that some of us dont like an arpg adopting tower defense mechanics. (Or some of the other leagues that incorporated questionable mechanics)

I wish GGG would stick to at least the core basics that make the game good.

Telling people to not provide feedback, or share frustrations on GGG league leaps, to instead quit, is so fucking toxic.

Next time you have an opinion, just shut up...see how that works? (Its shitty)

DarthSki44
Aug 22, 2019 21:34:32 PM

I can definitely see how people who are addicted to the speed meta will hate this league mechanic. Though to be honest I get a little schadenfreude from that thought :D.

For me This league mechanic will come down to GGG's execution of it. I thought Synthesis was going to be great until I played it.... So I'm reserving judgment. Just rejecting it out right without having played it or really knowing any of the details of how it's going to work seems a little childish though.

Either way if the rewards are good enough it will probably be enjoyable.

beaniac
Aug 22, 2019 22:45:24 PM

who cares poe is not a mmo where it is required to group up and actually have a large community, its a single player game

nerdstomperx
Aug 22, 2019 22:49:28 PM

"
Arandur wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
I do think they should try new things, I have no problem with taking risks. But they should learn from previous leagues and experiments, that the further they get from the core arpg, less successful.

Bestiary, Synthesis, and now Blight all deviate quite a bit from what makes PoE fun(imo)

It will be interesting to see the numbers, but my suspicion is that the core arpg players will not be super invested in this mechanic. (Skipping / Minimum use for crafting)

+1.

I play PoE for it's fast action gameplay and it's customization options.
I don't want to fiddle around with more clunky UIs, building Towers and crap.
Will try it out, but I guess other games will take my spare time in the next 3 months^^

I guess those who do not enjoy labyrinth will not like blight leage as well..

Rexeos
Aug 22, 2019 22:54:22 PM
  • Prev
  • Next