Forum Index General Discussion 3.8? Nah I'm good, see you in the bigger 3.9.

History

Have a nice 3 months off. You sound like you need a break

scipio_
Aug 22, 2019 02:32:30 AM

Huh. Could be a secret test to see how many players will play in Standard. I know the missus and I will be. =^[.]^=

Raycheetah
Aug 22, 2019 03:02:24 AM

GGG should try new things...and players should try new games as well. If it doesn't suit your fancy, then take a break? (aka play standard)

Molochmane
Aug 22, 2019 03:35:21 AM

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Other players might like the (temporary) breaking of the ARPG model. Give them their 3 months of fun. Seems like there's two different development teams, one that likes to break traditions, and one that embraces them... and they alternate between the two. This one is brought to you by the same team that did Bestiary (and Synthesis). They want to "think outside the box". Hope it doesn't bite them in the ass like it did that time.

That's a really good observation about the two different teams thing.

ZACHWILDCAT
Aug 22, 2019 04:18:34 AM

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Well I suppose I should be grateful that this league looks meh at best.

With BL3 and Destiny's expansion in September(Oct 1st), the time I can allot to gaming was stretched super thin.

With regards to PoE & leagues I think GGG should be careful not to stray too far from its arpg roots(no pun intended), and what made the game successful.

Tabletop (Synthesis), and Tower Defense (Blight), dont really highlight what makes PoE good.

Anyways I do hope some folks enjoy the league, and maybe the supporter pack cosmetics will be cool. For me, truthfully I'm both disappointed, and relieved that I dont feel the need to play.

BEST post ever. I too feel the same way. It seems they (GGG) are trying too many "different" things and are steering away from the arpg genre( synthesis and blight). Legion is my second favorite league, and probably could beat out my Favorite league Delve. And what made those league great as well as many others great is that they where pushing Arpg's into a great new way of playing arpgs, by sticking to their roots by staying Arpg and not implementing other game mechanics like tower defence into it.
I love Path of exile, and the many new league mechanics they implement every 2-3 months. But when they do stuff like tower defense and tabletop "find your way to somewhere". I find myself uninterested and confused on what GGG is trying to do. Maybe they ran out of ideas? I hope Chris and the team go back to Diablo 1 and 2, and play it over again, and come up with better ideas that Made Path of exile great. I know what it is, but that's up to Chris and his team to figure it out.

*Note: All that was written above is MY opinion. I know other people feel different and are entitled to their own opinion.

TheRoyalShu
Aug 22, 2019 06:11:48 AM

I’m hyped for the new league, it sounds clunky but I’ll play the hell out of it regardless. I would of played BL3 but I’ll wait for it to drop on steam next year.

HeManNZ
Aug 22, 2019 08:08:02 AM

"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Draak0 wrote:
And you create a new thread for this? Have a reality check mate...gtfo.

Your first post in four years is this?

I dont know if I should feel honored or confused as to why you seem so mad?

The thread title is click-baity obviously, but the main premise is reasonable.

How far should GGG stray from core arpg mechanics? Didnt they learn from previous deviations? Seems like a legitimate question.

the thread title is as asisine as your "concerns". without straying from "core mechanics" whatever they may be we would still be playing D1. Maybe be league will be fun maybe not, but honstely, notbody cares what you will do und nobody knows how the league will feel.

funny that you mention synthesis. The problem was not the tabletop design but how bad it was implemented, the problems with league crafting, synthesis shards itself only being sensible when done above t13, clunky tile management etc. These were problems with the implementation, not the concept. learn the difference. Also, there are a dozen threads about the same thing already here.

tsunamikun
Aug 22, 2019 13:55:33 PM

league mechanic doesnt look that great but i'm excited for the necromancer changes

Exxxiled665
Aug 22, 2019 14:30:49 PM

"
Xystre wrote:
some people keeps saying that let tencentggg to experiment while there's no competition.. but why? didnt wilson said that they know what players want and they will focus on it? is blight the result of what players wanted?

a top player on reddit asked for it 3 months ago and they probably thought it's a good idea

vio
Aug 22, 2019 14:35:07 PM

"
tsunamikun wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"
Draak0 wrote:
And you create a new thread for this? Have a reality check mate...gtfo.

Your first post in four years is this?

I dont know if I should feel honored or confused as to why you seem so mad?

The thread title is click-baity obviously, but the main premise is reasonable.

How far should GGG stray from core arpg mechanics? Didnt they learn from previous deviations? Seems like a legitimate question.

the thread title is as asisine as your "concerns". without straying from "core mechanics" whatever they may be we would still be playing D1. Maybe be league will be fun maybe not, but honstely, notbody cares what you will do und nobody knows how the league will feel.

funny that you mention synthesis. The problem was not the tabletop design but how bad it was implemented, the problems with league crafting, synthesis shards itself only being sensible when done above t13, clunky tile management etc. These were problems with the implementation, not the concept. learn the difference. Also, there are a dozen threads about the same thing already here.

I'm not sure its "asinine" to make the point that I'm concerned about GGG mechanic drifts in league play. In concerned about power creep and trade too, but those are not being addressed at all this league.

I'm sorry, but the fact is I'm not interested in this tower defense, slower paced, cumbersome mechanic.

I will check back with 3.9, as I will be playing other games.

My initial OP wasnt hostile, and I did wish those who decide to play a good time. I will also support GGG if the cosmetics are cool.

I like PoE, but damn, sometimes I dont like the quirky things they do that dont seem to mesh with arpgs in genernal.

Catch em all Bestiary, Table Top Synthesis, and now Tower Defense Blight, just dont appeal to me and how I like to play. Breach, Legion, Betrayal are far better examples imo (and I think the numbers will show it)

DarthSki44
Aug 22, 2019 15:35:11 PM
  • Prev
  • Next