Forum Index General Discussion Whats your pick for a sleeper 'good' notable to get on a neck?

History

instant warcries

Float
Aug 22, 2019 21:13:14 PM

"
Float wrote:
instant warcries

ooo thats right. thats a notable where you don't really want the travel or proceeding nodes

xMustard
Aug 22, 2019 23:21:14 PM

Rampart. Everyone likes having Fortify and everyone likes going fast.

beaniac
Aug 23, 2019 01:01:47 AM

Phase Acro for witch

crunkatog
Aug 23, 2019 01:04:55 AM

"
crunkatog wrote:
Phase Acro for witch

You. Can't. Get. Keystones.

Thror2k5
Aug 23, 2019 01:06:26 AM

"
Pi2rEpsilon wrote:
I'm looking at this mostly through the eyes of spellcaster builds as I've most experience with those.

<snip>

Again, part of your thinking is flawed due to the fact that builds that will want most of these will be pathing to them anyway. Since the wording says "allocate," you can't take the same node twice. This particularly applies to Golem's Blood, which is... Taken by virtually everyone who'd want life regen anyway. Also included would be Arcane Will, Discipline & Training, Ethereal Feast, Heart of the Warrior, Holy Dominion, Singular Focus, and Whispers of Doom.

Keep in mind that for Whispers of Doom, if you're building multiple auras, you want curse effectiveness, too. Also, I'm not sold on Arcane Will being too cost-prohibitive for STR-based CI characters; plenty enough are taking it, especially since Arcane Focus is RIGHT there next to it.

The only real compelling one I've seen you add was Crystal Skin; I'd forgotten they'd added a "reduced elemental damage taken" to it, which might make it a niche pick, namely for those with other sources of reduced damage taken. (as it'd stack additively)

"
HerrImHimmel wrote:
Any idea if we can turn an amulet with said enchant into a talisman and keep the notable?

Given that, by all appearances, it follows the format for labyrinth enchants, the answer would be "yes;" as "enchant" is a separate slot from implicit.

ACGIFT
Aug 23, 2019 05:30:13 AM

I don't know about that. There are some great notables that many, but not all characters path near. I've been on a saboteur kick lately. I'd love to get Constitution, but I can't justify the travel to the scion life wheel most of the time. Almost any build can add a second useful curse to their CWDT or Curse on Hit links but might not conveniently pick up a second curse. Now they can. Soul of Steel or Crystal Skin are always available to give a serious defensive boost, now potentially available to the squishier types who life on the top and right of the tree.

Kurgosh
Aug 23, 2019 07:16:25 AM

Thinkin' Fleetfoot for SRS witch league starter perhaps :)

zoneslash
Aug 23, 2019 08:26:59 AM

Soul of steel for summoner

Uoykai
Aug 23, 2019 08:49:22 AM

smashing strikes for endurance charges on melee crit, even without going staves i think its really good

Neviuz
Aug 23, 2019 11:16:05 AM
  • Prev
  • Next