Forum Index Off Topic Australian Housing Market Situation

History

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not to the extent you did.
Well, I'm sorry you feel that way, but I'm nonetheless not about to start using the term "crisis" here. You are right to note that I wasn't here to start a dialogue (hence my post not being directed at anyone in particular), nor any larger discussion on media sensationalism for that matter. I was just responding to the initial post.

But since not responding to everything you feel like writing is apparently "cherrypicking", an explanation: I didn't comment on things like your personal anecdote because I'm not really sure what "I own a house and it would be expensive to buy a bigger one" is supposed to have been doing in the conversation (Is that what "grim" looks like from where you are?). That, combined with the ABC article, which was, as you said, much calmer, didn't seem to be doing your "we are in a housing crisis" many favours, which was a little confusing, and left me without much of a reason to say...anything.

GusTheCrocodile
Aug 18, 2019 09:30:57 AM

There are currently ratings for countries, 172 places... Sweden, Canada, norway, Finland, Australia... rated #1 The usa rated 2nd... We are rated second because of wealth distribution and healthcare... Iran rated #17.

...Housing market is fine Australia.

solwitch
Aug 18, 2019 09:34:21 AM

Market slowdown and Market correction does not have to be undesirable. Home Prices are just Overvalued and many people buying overpriced houses.

What is better than a cheap mortgages and expensive houses are cheaper houses. If you want people to own a house you want cheaper houses not higher property prices. Australia home ownership would decreases with more expensive houses.

Real estate markets cooling down could be welcoming rather than bad.

"
solwitch wrote:
There are currently ratings for countries, 172 places... Sweden, Canada, norway, Finland, Australia... rated #1 The usa rated 2nd... We are rated second because of wealth distribution and healthcare... Iran rated #17.

...Housing market is fine Australia.

How can USA be 2nd with 5 countries in the front?

deathflower
Aug 18, 2019 13:10:15 PM

They’re "ratings" each place out of 172 rankings has more than one country. So it is possible to share #1 place... 195 countries... 172 rankings...

solwitch
Aug 18, 2019 20:59:28 PM

"
solwitch wrote:
They’re "ratings" each place out of 172 rankings has more than one country. So it is possible to share #1 place... 195 countries... 172 rankings...

5 countries having the same rating and sharing Number 1 is strange indeed. I am curious on the rationale behind 5 countries having the same rating. Mind sharing the source of that list?

Best Countries in the world ranking is usually based on quality of life Index or some measure of standard of living. People might want to take a look at the evaluation process and see if it is persuasive or convincing to have such an ambiguous rating.

deathflower
Aug 18, 2019 22:50:44 PM

"
Boem wrote:
"
whineston wrote:
"
Boem wrote:
there is a debt crisis and its a global thing.
You know "debt" that thing banks call "assets" in the biggest wordplay and con in human history.

we are creating a debt star muhahahaha

It's all fun and games in a democracy untill you erode the middle class which is the prerequisit for such a goverment structure.

The welfare state was a nice ploy to undermine capitalism "on behalf of the poor" which by any standart have never benefited from the regulations it enforces and allows the debt to be pushed on the next generation nullifying their ability to move within the society's wealth brackets.

It's all very sad while the inteligentia pat one another on the back for being so righteous and having good intentions.

Peace,

-Boem-

You, good sir, have been enshrined in my hall of fame of insight and clear thought.

Mythreindeer
Aug 20, 2019 15:17:02 PM

Not even close to same. USA's problem is boomers want to protect property value so won't allow dense unit housing. Thats why there is so many homeless in California - costs like 2K month for an apartment which not all can afford. Perhaps OZ is 2008 USA where they overbuilt. USA is underbuilt thanks to NIMBY and environmental concerns.

Aim_Deep
Aug 28, 2019 03:08:44 AM
  • Prev