Forum Index Console Gameplay Discussion I’m having a really hard time getting legion unique mobs out of the stone...

History

... as a summoner.
I haven’t specced into spiritual aid yet which will help tremendously, but does anyone have suggestions as to a powerful 3-4 link spell that I can utilize as a powerful single target?

Honestly I was thinking a damage channeled spell like storm burst or something.

ARC_Paroe
Aug 12, 2019 09:15:15 AM

"
ARC_Paroe wrote:
... as a summoner.
I haven’t specced into spiritual aid yet which will help tremendously, but does anyone have suggestions as to a powerful 3-4 link spell that I can utilize as a powerful single target?

Honestly I was thinking a damage channeled spell like storm burst or something.


As a necromancer you won't have strong spells since your DPS is primarily your minions... However, what I am noticing sorely lacking with your gem set up is a lack of convocation... While necromancers aren't the best when breaking open legion mobs convocation goes a long way in directing your minions in the general vicinity of the mobs you want to unlock. You definitely shouldn't be running a necromancer build without convocation, it's too vital in terms of having control over your minions.

Chaplin1108
Aug 12, 2019 17:18:54 PM

"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
"
ARC_Paroe wrote:
... as a summoner.
I haven’t specced into spiritual aid yet which will help tremendously, but does anyone have suggestions as to a powerful 3-4 link spell that I can utilize as a powerful single target?

Honestly I was thinking a damage channeled spell like storm burst or something.


As a necromancer you won't have strong spells since your DPS is primarily your minions... However, what I am noticing sorely lacking with your gem set up is a lack of convocation... While necromancers aren't the best when breaking open legion mobs convocation goes a long way in directing your minions in the general vicinity of the mobs you want to unlock. You definitely shouldn't be running a necromancer build without convocation, it's too vital in terms of having control over your minions.


Honestly on console I don’t find that to be the case. Minions will attack in whatever area you’re targeting when you cast a skill unlike in PC, making convocation little more than an “oh shit” button if you’re using slow minions. I don’t really have that issue, and I use a curse on hit Armageddon brand set up to direct my minions anyway.

Once I get spiritual aid I’m going to have at least 290% increased damage for myself to play around with, meaning a 3-4 link explicitly for single target is not out of the question... hence the purpose of the thread. I do not know all the spells and so I do not know what would fill this need best.

ARC_Paroe
Aug 12, 2019 21:54:01 PM

"
ARC_Paroe wrote:
"
Chaplin1108 wrote:
"
ARC_Paroe wrote:
... as a summoner.
I haven’t specced into spiritual aid yet which will help tremendously, but does anyone have suggestions as to a powerful 3-4 link spell that I can utilize as a powerful single target?

Honestly I was thinking a damage channeled spell like storm burst or something.


As a necromancer you won't have strong spells since your DPS is primarily your minions... However, what I am noticing sorely lacking with your gem set up is a lack of convocation... While necromancers aren't the best when breaking open legion mobs convocation goes a long way in directing your minions in the general vicinity of the mobs you want to unlock. You definitely shouldn't be running a necromancer build without convocation, it's too vital in terms of having control over your minions.


Honestly on console I don’t find that to be the case. Minions will attack in whatever area you’re targeting when you cast a skill unlike in PC, making convocation little more than an “oh shit” button if you’re using slow minions. I don’t really have that issue, and I use a curse on hit Armageddon brand set up to direct my minions anyway.

Once I get spiritual aid I’m going to have at least 290% increased damage for myself to play around with, meaning a 3-4 link explicitly for single target is not out of the question... hence the purpose of the thread. I do not know all the spells and so I do not know what would fill this need best.


You're not taking advantage of its value then because summoning a minion right infront of a war hoard as compared to just moving close to the war hoard will not make them all focus target into the hoard, whereas with convocation you have a higher chance of having them focus on one target. I've already finished the legion challenges, I'm at 36/40. And at least from experience convocation has been a great help in getting minions to focus on priority target, spawning them right ontop of the target goes a long way in getting the kills done.

Chaplin1108
Aug 13, 2019 09:22:47 AM
  • 1