Forum Index Announcements The Celestial Lightning Trap Effect - The Apocalypse Mystery Box Returns

History

I'm sure some are not happy about it but I love all the new celestial MTXs.

Wraeclastian
Aug 10, 2019 06:56:32 AM

WTB an mtx to turn off effects instead of all these fancy things.

TradeImprovements
Aug 10, 2019 13:17:53 PM

I am surprised there is no Mirage Archer Celestial effect. Now that is a celestial I would like to see.

ArcaneMagician
Aug 10, 2019 16:33:37 PM

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Celestial is fast becoming synonymous with 'quick, dirty and easy mtx creation'. Lacking in substance and value. i.e. 'quick, dirty and easy'.

ah the old "dislike something because its popular" thing, you sir are an MTX hipster XD

in all seriousness celestial probably sells better than other flavors so it only makes sense to go back to the well that has the water

alhazred70
Aug 10, 2019 23:21:05 PM

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Celestial is fast becoming synonymous with 'quick, dirty and easy mtx creation'. Lacking in substance and value. i.e. 'quick, dirty and easy'.
I always thought it was synonymous with look what we're going to nerf into the ground?

AldarisGrave
Aug 11, 2019 07:24:22 AM

I'm playing it right now and I just can't see Lightning Trap getting nuked too hard. Saboteurs are less than 1% of characters in this league and lightning trap less than half a percent of the total. It's a good skill, plenty of damage and AoE. The build is quite flexible, but squishy and doesn't match any of the top builds for clear speed.

Kurgosh
Aug 12, 2019 01:52:39 AM

"
GoldDragon32 wrote:
"

Potentially somewhat justified, but damn that's cynical.

Celestial has probably simply proven itself one of the most popular themes they've come up with. I know I really love it at times for certain characters. But it's always a shame to really love a theme and not have a skill you want to use 'fit' with it. GGG taking the most popular theme and gradually adding as many skills to it as they can makes a good deal of sense. I don't really see a problem with that.

It's especially cynical given the author.

Sodee2
Aug 12, 2019 17:13:40 PM

wew lordy

mentalove
Aug 13, 2019 04:59:30 AM

I disapprove of any shaper shit mtx. It's triggering.

"See stars, throw cars." --Tamago, thicc jugg

crunkatog
Aug 13, 2019 20:17:48 PM

Generic response to those saying my criticism is like asking GGG not to sell what sells: I FIRMLY believe they have the talent and creativity to come up with more original, creative skill mtxes and still make plenty of money. In fact, saying that they should just milk a theme at the cost of said originality and creativity isn't half the defence it seems to be.

And yeah, take into account who and what I am here. I own more mtxes than pretty much any of you, so when I take GGG to task over mtx design, it's not some drive-by mockery. I genuinely think this is an inferior mtx design compared to so many others. If you like it, that's fine. I like McDonald's from time to time but I'd never pretend that just because it sells a lot that it's quality product.

鬼殺し
Aug 14, 2019 02:50:26 AM
  • Prev
  • Next