Forum Index Duelist [3.8] 1h Impale Cyclone Slayer. Uber Elder capable with cheap gear. NO REQUIRED ITEMS.

History

"
Dex2644 wrote:


Since this is a frequently asked question I'll make sure to add a thorough explanation regarding the Brutal Restraint jewel.

The jewel itself only gives me 50% crit chance, 5% attack speed and like 30-40 dexterity or something. It's by no means necessary, just something i threw on for fun when I played this character in legion.

The reason the DPS gets cut in half when you remove the jewel is because I have manual inputs on it aswell that doesnt get calculated in POB such as Impale and Slayer cull. The manula inputs has nothing to do with the jewel itself.

TL;DR Brutal Restraint is a fraction better than a life% + crit multi rare jewel and therefore not at all necessary.



oh I see then. I was very confused when I put your brutal restraint off and it's just brutally slash your total dps like 70%. I'll look forward to your update then, so far this build is quite solid even though I have no idea how much dps I currently have, and you just save me a couple of exa :D

kingjojon
Oct 14, 2019 21:50:51 PM

Hey Dex,

I am a somewhat newish player using your guide to play cyclone in blight. Great guide so far, however I'm just wondering how you gut up to about 5.9 k hp in your videos?

I'm only lvl 82 so far with 4.65 k hp. In your path of building for blight at lvl 98 and with the gear you listed you have 5.4k hp. So other than my lvl and item disparity causing me to have less hp I'm wondering how you managed to get all those extra hp and still maintain a good amount of dmg in your videos? I'm having quite an issue with survivability so far getting one shot by random things etc xD

AgentPancake
Nov 01, 2019 06:52:34 AM

"
AgentPancake wrote:
Hey Dex,

I am a somewhat newish player using your guide to play cyclone in blight. Great guide so far, however I'm just wondering how you gut up to about 5.9 k hp in your videos?

I'm only lvl 82 so far with 4.65 k hp. In your path of building for blight at lvl 98 and with the gear you listed you have 5.4k hp. So other than my lvl and item disparity causing me to have less hp I'm wondering how you managed to get all those extra hp and still maintain a good amount of dmg in your videos? I'm having quite an issue with survivability so far getting one shot by random things etc xD


So I just had a quick look at your character and it looks like you sorted the problem yourself, considering you have 5.8k life.

If you still feel like you are taking to much damage you can easily swap a few damage clusters for more life instead. The first damage node I would swap is Acuity and get some more of the life nodes near Constitution.

If you are still experiencing issues, dont hesitate to ask.

Dex2644
Nov 02, 2019 12:19:37 PM

HI. I like your build but i was wondering what u think if i use soultaker to avoid mana issues and redo the tree to use axes ?

nerwreak
Nov 02, 2019 22:18:27 PM

Hey Dex, im currently rly enjoying your build. I only have 1 question so far, is the helmet craft with +1 melee range rly that usefull after the nerf or should i take another craft maybe with inc armor + max life? I will put on the new helmet, maybe you would have an Idea what would be rly usefull =) Thanks

NaImLeZz
Nov 03, 2019 05:04:02 AM

"
nerwreak wrote:
HI. I like your build but i was wondering what u think if i use soultaker to avoid mana issues and redo the tree to use axes ?


While it's possible to clear the entire game with Soul Taker, it's not something I'd recommend, especially not with how expensive they are in Blight atm. The best way to fix mana is to fossil craft a chest with Pristine+Serrated to get the mod "Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost"

"
NaImLeZz wrote:
Hey Dex, im currently rly enjoying your build. I only have 1 question so far, is the helmet craft with +1 melee range rly that usefull after the nerf or should i take another craft maybe with inc armor + max life? I will put on the new helmet, maybe you would have an Idea what would be rly usefull =) Thanks


Hey, I'm glad you are enjoying the build!

As for the stat +1 range, no it's not worth it anymore. The 2 best choices atm are either hybrid life or +1 to AoE gems and place your auras in there.

Dex2644
Nov 04, 2019 15:06:08 PM

First time i kill Uber Elder. It wasn't easy, because i'm not a good player, i needed maybe 4 or 5 try ( shaper set )

I really enjoy this build. The dps is really insane. Any boss fall in less than 1sec.

I play a lot of Cyclone since the begining of this skill. But this one is pretty good.

I tried to switch on Starforge. It's pretty safe to have 7K life with Kaom's heart, but the gameplay is not so fast.
So, i decide to go back on dual wielding after only 2 maps.

Now, i have 5 or 6 exalt to spend, and i don't know what i can improve for a significant increase.

I have 5.8Klife and 100K dps on Hideout. Also, my Paradoxica is only 157 and 169dps. I suppose i have to try to find a 190dps+ but i'm not sure if i will see a very big difference.
Also, i prefer to improve my survivability.

Paradoxica
Vaal Rapier
Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 103% increased Physical Damage
  • 23% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • 19% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit
  • +13% to Quality
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Paradoxica
    Vaal Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 88% increased Physical Damage
  • +239 to Accuracy Rating
  • 17% chance to Blind Enemies on hit
  • +17% to Quality
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Starkonja's Head
    Silken Hood
    Click to expand
  • +66 to Dexterity
  • 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 107% increased Evasion Rating
  • +86 to maximum Life
  • 150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
  • There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,

    but merely a long sleep made eternal.

    Doom Hide
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
  • Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
  • +28 to Strength
  • +108 to maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Life
  • Regenerate 8.4 Life per second
  • Spirit Claw
    Spiked Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 20% increased Melee Damage
  • Adds 4 to 6 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +459 to Accuracy Rating
  • +87 to maximum Life
  • +25% to Cold Resistance
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • Havoc Pace
    Goliath Greaves
    Click to expand
  • +34 to Strength
  • +51 to Armour
  • +88 to maximum Life
  • +27% to Fire Resistance
  • +43% to Lightning Resistance
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • Pandemonium Cord
    Stygian Vise
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • 26% increased Global Physical Damage
  • +74 to maximum Life
  • +33% to Fire Resistance
  • 28% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
  • 14% increased Flask Life Recovery rate
  • +32% to Cold Resistance
  • Blood Charm
    Onyx Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +16 to all Attributes
  • +18 to Dexterity
  • Adds 7 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +19% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 3% increased Evasion Rating
  • +68 to maximum Life
  • 24% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • Vengeance Spiral
    Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • +28% to Fire Resistance
  • 8% increased Lightning Damage
  • +59 to maximum Life
  • +44% to Fire Resistance
  • +43% to Lightning Resistance
  • 15% increased Damage
  • Wrath Gyre
    Coral Ring
    Click to expand
  • +30 to maximum Life
  • Adds 5 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +70 to maximum Life
  • Regenerate 2.5 Life per second
  • 19% increased Rarity of Items found
  • +43% to Cold Resistance
  • +15% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • Surgeon's Divine Life Flask of Warding
    -
    Click to expand
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use
  • Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Iron Skin
    -
    Click to expand
  • 50% reduced Amount Recovered
  • 135% increased Recovery rate
  • 50% of Recovery applied Instantly
  • 90% increased Armour during Flask effect
  • Ample Quicksilver Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +18 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 22% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Lion's Roar
    Granite Flask
    Click to expand
  • Adds Knockback to Melee Attacks during Flask effect
  • Knocks Back Enemies in an Area when you use a Flask
  • 75% chance to cause Enemies to Flee on use
  • 25% more Melee Physical Damage during effect
  • A sprinkle of hunger, a spoonful of menace

    and three generous cups of Might.

    Keussef
    Nov 04, 2019 19:16:07 PM

    "
    Keussef wrote:
    First time i kill Uber Elder. It wasn't easy, because i'm not a good player, i needed maybe 4 or 5 try ( shaper set )

    I really enjoy this build. The dps is really insane. Any boss fall in less than 1sec.

    I play a lot of Cyclone since the begining of this skill. But this one is pretty good.

    I tried to switch on Starforge. It's pretty safe to have 7K life with Kaom's heart, but the gameplay is not so fast.
    So, i decide to go back on dual wielding after only 2 maps.

    Now, i have 5 or 6 exalt to spend, and i don't know what i can improve for a significant increase.

    I have 5.8Klife and 100K dps on Hideout. Also, my Paradoxica is only 157 and 169dps. I suppose i have to try to find a 190dps+ but i'm not sure if i will see a very big difference.
    Also, i prefer to improve my survivability.

    Paradoxica
    Vaal Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 103% increased Physical Damage
  • 23% increased Critical Strike Chance
  • 19% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit
  • +13% to Quality
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Paradoxica
    Vaal Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 88% increased Physical Damage
  • +239 to Accuracy Rating
  • 17% chance to Blind Enemies on hit
  • +17% to Quality
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Starkonja's Head
    Silken Hood
    Click to expand
  • +66 to Dexterity
  • 50% reduced Damage when on Low Life
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • 25% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • 107% increased Evasion Rating
  • +86 to maximum Life
  • 150% increased Global Evasion Rating when on Low Life
  • There was no hero made out of Starkonja's death,

    but merely a long sleep made eternal.

    Doom Hide
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
  • Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
  • +28 to Strength
  • +108 to maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Life
  • Regenerate 8.4 Life per second
  • Spirit Claw
    Spiked Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 20% increased Melee Damage
  • Adds 4 to 6 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +459 to Accuracy Rating
  • +87 to maximum Life
  • +25% to Cold Resistance
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • Havoc Pace
    Goliath Greaves
    Click to expand
  • +34 to Strength
  • +51 to Armour
  • +88 to maximum Life
  • +27% to Fire Resistance
  • +43% to Lightning Resistance
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • Pandemonium Cord
    Stygian Vise
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • 26% increased Global Physical Damage
  • +74 to maximum Life
  • +33% to Fire Resistance
  • 28% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
  • 14% increased Flask Life Recovery rate
  • +32% to Cold Resistance
  • Blood Charm
    Onyx Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +16 to all Attributes
  • +18 to Dexterity
  • Adds 7 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +19% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • 3% increased Evasion Rating
  • +68 to maximum Life
  • 24% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • Vengeance Spiral
    Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • +28% to Fire Resistance
  • 8% increased Lightning Damage
  • +59 to maximum Life
  • +44% to Fire Resistance
  • +43% to Lightning Resistance
  • 15% increased Damage
  • Wrath Gyre
    Coral Ring
    Click to expand
  • +30 to maximum Life
  • Adds 5 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +70 to maximum Life
  • Regenerate 2.5 Life per second
  • 19% increased Rarity of Items found
  • +43% to Cold Resistance
  • +15% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • Surgeon's Divine Life Flask of Warding
    -
    Click to expand
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use
  • Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Iron Skin
    -
    Click to expand
  • 50% reduced Amount Recovered
  • 135% increased Recovery rate
  • 50% of Recovery applied Instantly
  • 90% increased Armour during Flask effect
  • Ample Quicksilver Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +18 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 22% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Lion's Roar
    Granite Flask
    Click to expand
  • Adds Knockback to Melee Attacks during Flask effect
  • Knocks Back Enemies in an Area when you use a Flask
  • 75% chance to cause Enemies to Flee on use
  • 25% more Melee Physical Damage during effect
  • A sprinkle of hunger, a spoonful of menace

    and three generous cups of Might.



    Nice, gratz on the kill! Uber Elder is definitely more heavy on mechanics than gear so dont worry about it, you'll get used to it with practice :)

    When it comes to the gear, ye I agree that your current Paradoxica's are good enough but if you're looking for a bit of a heavier investment then getting those high attack speed ones will be quite impactful.

    Next step for you would be to replace Starkonja with a fossil crafted helm, using Pristine+Jagged to get the "nearby enemies take increased physical damage" mod aswell as upwards of 100+ life. It might feel bad to lose the attack speed from Starkonja so feel it out yourself and see if you like it, Starkonja is still really good.

    Other than that you could look into getting better rings and amulet, higher rolls for physical damage and crit multi. Also make sure you swap one of your life flasks for a Silver Flask to get Onslaught.

    As a sidenote, while I personally prefer Assassin's Mark rings there are delve modded rings with Vulnerability on hit wich is huge for DPS.

    And on a final note, if you are looking for more survivability in general you just need to get higher life rolls pretty much. Either that or start replacing damage nodes on the tree for life nodes to see what you are comfortable with. Also look into other options for Anointment, I personally dont think its worth investing in leech so I would rather anoint damage or life%, Cruel Preparation is a really strong node.

    Dex2644
    Nov 04, 2019 20:24:55 PM

    I think i still need the second life flask, because of my play style.

    I buy this one for 5ex : and sell the Starkonjah's for the same price.

    Miracle Keep
    Samite Helmet
    Click to expand
  • +111 to maximum Life
  • 3% increased maximum Life
  • Regenerate 3.7 Life per second
  • Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage
  • +35% to Lightning Resistance




  • I had 8 exalt to spend, and i hesitate to change the Paradoxica. But with PoB, i just see it will be more powerful if i change the astral plate for a + 1 Maim.

    So i buy this for 5ex :

    Skull Shroud
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
  • Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
  • +111 to maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Life
  • Regenerate 12.7 Life per second
  • 8% increased maximum Life
  • 6% increased maximum Mana



  • Now i have more dps, and 6,5K life. I think i will think about find more life. Dps is enought.

    Keussef
    Nov 06, 2019 07:54:03 AM

    Switched a TS duelist over to this because I enjoy cyclone so much and very glad I did. Much smoother gameplay at least form my perspective. I decided to go the soultether route since I did it last league and enjoyed the recovery it offers so I realize my build differs from the OP's.

    Recognizing that difference, Im curious if anything stands out on what I can improve? I'm shopping for better swords but I refuse to pay a ton for a small dps increase. One of my rings could probably be improved as well.

    Anyway, feedback welcome. On my next level I plan to pick up Vaal Pact which should help my survivability even more since dps seems great already.

    Paradoxica
    Vaal Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 83% increased Physical Damage
  • 16% increased Attack Speed
  • 15% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks
  • +13% to Quality
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Paradoxica
    Vaal Rapier
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Attacks with this Weapon deal Double Damage
  • 81% increased Physical Damage
  • 13% increased Attack Speed
  • +15% to Quality
  • 15% chance to Poison on Hit
  • What has no siblings but is always a twin?

    Death Glance
    Samite Helmet
    Click to expand
  • +98 to maximum Life
  • 11% increased Rarity of Items found
  • +17% to Cold Resistance
  • Nearby Enemies take 9% increased Physical Damage
  • +1 to Level of Socketed AoE Gems
  • 8% increased Area of Effect
  • Tempest Idol
    Turquoise Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +24 to Dexterity and Intelligence
  • +50 to Intelligence
  • Adds 13 to 22 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +68 to maximum Life
  • +30% to Lightning Resistance
  • 15% increased Melee Damage
  • +1 to Melee Weapon and Unarmed Attack range
  • Morbid Gyre
    Two-Stone Ring
    Click to expand
  • +16% to Fire and Lightning Resistances
  • +65 to maximum Life
  • 22% reduced Effect of Curses on you
  • Curse Enemies with Level 8 Assassin's Mark on Hit
  • Adds 7 to 9 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Pandemonium Coil
    Two-Stone Ring
    Click to expand
  • +16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Adds 6 to 12 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 20% increased Global Accuracy Rating
  • +73 to maximum Life
  • +30 to maximum Mana
  • +38% to Fire Resistance
  • 15% increased Light Radius
  • +15% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • Armageddon Coat
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 1 Maim
  • Socketed Attacks have -15 to Total Mana Cost
  • +81 to maximum Life
  • 4% increased maximum Life
  • Regenerate 1% of Life per second
  • 7% increased maximum Life
  • 6% increased maximum Mana
  • Fate Knuckle
    Spiked Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 19% increased Melee Damage
  • Adds 2 to 4 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +88 to maximum Life
  • +38% to Cold Resistance
  • +38% to Lightning Resistance
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • Soul Tether
    Cloth Belt
    Click to expand
  • 25% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +35 to Intelligence
  • Your Energy Shield starts at zero
  • You cannot Recharge Energy Shield
  • You cannot Regenerate Energy Shield
  • You lose 5% of Energy Shield per second
  • Life Leech effects are not removed at Full Life Life Leech effects Recover Energy Shield instead while on Full Life
  • Gain 6% of Maximum Life as Extra Maximum Energy Shield
  • Vaal bloodpriests were among the earliest intellectuals on record.

    It was they who found that a newly freed soul would

    desperately cling to any other source of life.

    Chimeric March
    Wyrmscale Boots
    Click to expand
  • +72 to maximum Life
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • +25% to Lightning Resistance
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • +33% to Cold Resistance
  • Catalysed Eternal Life Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 50% increased Recovery rate
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Ample Silver Flask of Warding
    -
    Click to expand
  • +20 to Maximum Charges
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use
  • Experimenter's Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • 31% increased Duration
  • Lion's Roar
    Granite Flask
    Click to expand
  • Adds Knockback to Melee Attacks during Flask effect
  • Knocks Back Enemies in an Area when you use a Flask
  • 75% chance to cause Enemies to Flee on use
  • 23% more Melee Physical Damage during effect
  • A sprinkle of hunger, a spoonful of menace

    and three generous cups of Might.

    Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • +14 to Maximum Charges
  • 27% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • EaterOfBabies
    Nov 09, 2019 00:31:23 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9