Forum Index Technical Support New Ryzen 3700x upgrade 3 times worse performance?

History

"
MrVaad wrote:
Can you make a test with vsync enabled ? Just to see if you drop below 60 when it's enabled.

I play with vsync/gsync on 165hz still getting the low fps.

JesusBigDick
Jul 27, 2019 23:38:50 PM

"
JesusBigDick wrote:
"
MrVaad wrote:
Can you make a test with vsync enabled ? Just to see if you drop below 60 when it's enabled.

I have a ryzen 2600 with a GTX 1080 at 1440p.

I've made some test with vsync disabled. I have 180-200fps with drops to 100fps. If i kill a screen full of mobs, i can sometimes drop under 60.

But if i use vsync at 60fps, i always stay at 60. And my cpu/gpu have low usage.

Could be that POE has problems with high fps or high refresh rate ?

MrVaad
Jul 27, 2019 23:47:46 PM

"
MrVaad wrote:
"
JesusBigDick wrote:
"
MrVaad wrote:

I have a ryzen 2600 with a GTX 1080 at 1440p.

I've made some test with vsync disabled. I have 180-200fps with drops to 100fps. If i kill a screen full of mobs, i can sometimes drop under 60.

But if i use vsync at 60fps, i always stay at 60. And my cpu/gpu have very low usage.

Could be that POE has problems with high fps or high refresh rate ?

I don't think so I played with the same setting and monitor with the 3770k and was fine.

JesusBigDick
Jul 28, 2019 00:48:47 AM

I can't even fucking login into my game ever since I changed my cpu to a 3600x. So annoying because I don't have any issues with other games at all and it's only this game and I actually wanna play this game :/

Dekev
Jul 28, 2019 01:13:44 AM

"
MrVaad wrote:

I tried this. VSync seems to improve PoE's behaviour a lot, or at least now the numbers somewhat make sense.

https://imgur.com/EMMKAqO is the result of that test. It pretty clearly shows CPU [single threaded] limitation for monoliths & GPU for some other situations. Which is kind of ridiculous considering this was 1080p with default graphics settings. I did have downscaling off, so that would help with some of the FPS drops, but apparently not with Legion.

Why it's 100 - for some reason PoE automatically sets my monitor's refresh rate to 100Hz when it's in full screen mode. It was set to 60 in windows. Why it chooses 100 I have no idea.

In the end, the answer is yes it does still drop below 60 however the behaviour is much more stable with Vsync and a low refresh rate.

any_one
Jul 28, 2019 03:22:24 AM

"
any_one wrote:
"
MrVaad wrote:

I tried this. VSync seems to improve PoE's behaviour a lot, or at least now the numbers somewhat make sense.

https://imgur.com/EMMKAqO is the result of that test. It pretty clearly shows CPU [single threaded] limitation for monoliths & GPU for some other situations. Which is kind of ridiculous considering this was 1080p with default graphics settings. I did have downscaling off, so that would help with some of the FPS drops, but apparently not with Legion.

Why it's 100 - for some reason PoE automatically sets my monitor's refresh rate to 100Hz when it's in full screen mode. It was set to 60 in windows. Why it chooses 100 I have no idea.

In the end, the answer is yes it does still drop below 60 however the behaviour is much more stable with Vsync and a low refresh rate.

Nvidia settings to set the refresh of the monitor,maybe ur monitor is 100mhz

lyyaxh
Jul 30, 2019 11:03:17 AM

Well the AMD Destiny 2 fox did nothing for poe just loaded it up to test and was getting low fps in town because a few people were there with MTX's on same crappy performance in map too.

JesusBigDick
Jul 31, 2019 19:12:41 PM

Reading this makes me glad not having upgraded at all yet.

It also seems that this is only a "limited" issue - you people with the issues, are you on newer or older mainboards?

UnleashEnlightenment
Aug 01, 2019 16:17:23 PM

I have heavy fps drops too.
My old setups was an i7-4790 (non k) with 1060.
Now i have the Ryzen 3600 with 1060 on a MSI X470 GAMING PRO CARBON with HyperX HX433C16PB3K2 16 GB.
As soon as i open a Legion or breach with my 4 FP totems the fps goes from >180 to <20.
That is really a heavy drop i not experienced before the "upgrade".

Settings ig are as low as possible. Vsync on or off doesent matter. Have the latest driver from MSI and AMD (1.07.29.0115)

Kloppstock
Aug 01, 2019 17:54:36 PM

"
Reading this makes me glad not having upgraded at all yet.

It also seems that this is only a "limited" issue - you people with the issues, are you on newer or older mainboards?

I'm on an older b450 tomahawk but all the reviews show the motherboards work fine with no performance loss vs the x570 also every other game I play runs fine and better then my old i7 3770k if it was cpu bottlenecked.

Destiny 2 even runs fine with the fix now so I don't see a fix from amd coming for this and GGG don't even acknowledge it as an issue so it seems we're screwed.

JesusBigDick
Aug 01, 2019 21:16:34 PM
  • Prev
  • Next