Forum Index Off Topic I remember being scammed in d2.

History

It was in act 1 I wanted to buy a Shako so we talked for like 5 mins eventually coming to an agreement. We traded and what I got was a helm with a green socket WHAT A DOOKIE NOSE FART DOLPHIN 6000 a lesson was learned that day feels good man.

Btw it really does force you to look it the item in poe just sayin.

I_NO
Jul 10, 2019 16:41:47 PM

"
I_NO wrote:
It was in act 1 I wanted to buy a Shako so we talked for like 5 mins eventually coming to an agreement. We traded and what I got was a helm with a green socket WHAT A DOOKIE NOSE FART DOLPHIN 6000 a lesson was learned that day feels good man.

Btw it really does force you to look it the item in poe just sayin.

Pfff baby walrus
Titanium Spirit Shield of the Walrus
-
  • +33% to Cold Resistance

• I thought u waz t-rex

Acolina87
    Jul 10, 2019 16:44:04 PM

I miss anni drop trades in Harrograth lol

DarthSki44
    Jul 10, 2019 17:15:53 PM

Internet existed back then?

BloodPuddles420
    Jul 10, 2019 17:20:17 PM

"

NO WHAT UR A DOLPHIN 6000

I_NO
    Jul 10, 2019 17:27:37 PM

"
    I_NO wrote:
    "

Is that some weird rich people slang for broke dude?

BloodPuddles420
    Jul 10, 2019 17:30:41 PM

Good lord how I don't miss the pinnacle of player interaction in that game.

"WUW?"

"IDK, WUG?"

Moridin79
    Jul 10, 2019 21:27:12 PM

"
    "
    I_NO wrote:
    "

Is that some weird rich people slang for broke dude?

Not that weird. Dolphins, in free to play supporter argot, are bigger than minnows, who only put in the minimal amount to not completely suck, but smaller than whales.

In PoE, if you've supported less than $100 over time, I'd say you're a minnow, given that's the usual cost for a Triple A game with some DLC. Any less than $100 a year and you're a dolphin. Any more than $1000 overall and you're a whale.

__

Nevermind being scammed in D2, I remember being TownKilled by Fire Wall in Diablo 1. And then MonsterKilled by a fireball. Both of which resulted in all my gear falling to the ground. That was a serious shock and the first time I seriously considered hacking a game to save my gear. Not long after that I was hex-editing my own items. Oh, what a slippery slope that was...

鬼殺し
    Jul 10, 2019 23:21:11 PM

"

Not that weird. Dolphins, in free to play supporter argot, are bigger than minnows, who only put in the minimal amount to not completely suck, but smaller than whales.

In PoE, if you've supported less than $100 over time, I'd say you're a minnow, given that's the usual cost for a Triple A game with some DLC. Any less than $100 a year and you're a dolphin. Any more than $1000 overall and you're a whale.

Neat, thanks for the info. I'm no dolphin then, is there anything below a minnow? Because that's where I'm currently at.

Edit: so, I gave it some thought, and... shit, I think that'd be a leech. My ego just deflated a little. (It'll come back though.)

BloodPuddles420
    Jul 11, 2019 00:17:38 AM

"
    "

Neat, thanks for the info. I'm no dolphin then, is there anything below a minnow? Because that's where I'm currently at.

Edit: so, I gave it some thought, and... shit, I think that'd be a leech. My ego just deflated a little. (It'll come back though.)

'Freeloading scum of the earth' make you feel any better? No? Hmmm...hang on, this is, like, totally my thing...

'Conscientious non-contributor'?

鬼殺し
    Jul 11, 2019 00:27:33 AM
  • Next