Forum Index Duelist [3.7] 2H Cyclone Slayer - Crit, Pure Phys - All Content

History

So I've bought 1k alts so far (not counting the couple hundred I already had) and I've hit Level 20 Fortify twice. (Missed the annul both times.)

That's less than 1 in 500. Is the fortify mod really that rare or am I running unlucky? Considering counting my losses and just buying a Starforge.

Svefnleysi
Jun 23, 2019 00:59:29 AM

"
xiaopaix12 wrote:
Hi, I just got this from uber elder and i'm wondering if it gives better dps compared to the +2 impale.
Watcher's Eye
Prismatic Jewel
Click to expand
  • 4% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 4% increased maximum Life
  • 4% increased maximum Mana
  • 10% increased Attack Speed while affected by Precision
  • 53% increased Attack Physical Damage while using Pride
  • Damage Penetrates 14% Cold Resistance while affected by Hatred
  • One by one, they stood their ground against a creature

    they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,

    and one by one, they became a part of it.

    Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
    Click to expand
  • 4% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 6% increased maximum Life
  • 4% increased maximum Mana
  • 14% increased Cast Speed while affected by Zealotry
  • Regenerate 109.2 Life per Second while affected by Vitality
  • Impales you inflict last 2 additional Hits while using Pride
  • One by one, they stood their ground against a creature

    they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,

    and one by one, they became a part of it.

    Pretty nice jewel, that's about 14% DPS with max rolls on my character.
    The Impale one is still a bit better once you ramp up, about 20% more damage.

    "
    Pedro3051 wrote:
    My question is - since we're melee crit based, wouldn't Abyssus give us a huge DPS increase?

    If survivability is an issue, doesn't Devoto's reduce our damage by a bit? Why not use Starkonja?

    Thanks for the build! Loving it so far!
    Yeah, Abyssus is a large damage boost, although not as much as on dual wield builds. You can try equipping it in one of my PoB links.
    It's only for the people with big balls though. :)

    Devoto's is mainly there for the movement speed, but it's actually a small damage boost because of the attack speed.
    I would go for a delve armour helmet over Starkonja's, if you get decent rolls it's more life, damage and armour (for Molten Shell). Doesn't mean you can't use it though.

    "
    jiggle fruit wrote:
    Would you say this is a build a new player can pick up easily with very little experience with path of exile?
    I would say so. I've kept the leveling part intentionally simple and the leveling is pretty straightforward as long as you follow it.

    "
    Svefnleysi wrote:
    So I've bought 1k alts so far (not counting the couple hundred I already had) and I've hit Level 20 Fortify twice. (Missed the annul both times.)

    That's less than 1 in 500. Is the fortify mod really that rare or am I running unlucky? Considering counting my losses and just buying a Starforge.
    https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Two%20Hand%20Axe

    The mod is really rare as you can see from the weightings. The anecdotal experience from players and myself has been around 1:400, but there's obviously a high variance.
    I was previously counting 1ex as the price of alt-ing the mod, but I'll rise that to 1-2 now that they're a bit more expensive.
    I would advice you to go with an Exquisite if you can afford a Starforge, but a SF does work well on the build nonetheless.

    SHEPUUURD
    Jun 23, 2019 01:20:12 AM

    l

    Memitim
    Jun 23, 2019 02:14:17 AM

    "
    SHEPUUURD wrote:
    "
    Svefnleysi wrote:
    So I've bought 1k alts so far (not counting the couple hundred I already had) and I've hit Level 20 Fortify twice. (Missed the annul both times.)

    That's less than 1 in 500. Is the fortify mod really that rare or am I running unlucky? Considering counting my losses and just buying a Starforge.
    https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Two%20Hand%20Axe

    The mod is really rare as you can see from the weightings. The anecdotal experience from players and myself has been around 1:400, but there's obviously a high variance.
    I was previously counting 1ex as the price of alt-ing the mod, but I'll rise that to 1-2 now that they're a bit more expensive.
    I would advice you to go with an Exquisite if you can afford a Starforge, but a SF does work well on the build nonetheless.


    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm alting an ilvl 80 Exquisite Blade. Hit 20 fortify for the third time now in 1.3-1.4k-ish alts. But the second annul deleted it. 1:400 sounds reasonable.

    Does alting an ilvl 80 blade make it easier to hit the mod than with a higher level base? Just wondering because I had the option to buy an ilvl 86 base for the same price but decided against it for that reason. Wondering if I made the right call or if it even matters at all.

    Starforge might be the way to go at this point but the crafting approach seemed interesting so I wanted to give that a try. Especially with such a detailed guide. If the next annul bricks it for the fourth time I'm definitely selling the base though.

    Thanks again.

    Svefnleysi
    Jun 23, 2019 02:19:33 AM

    "
    Svefnleysi wrote:
    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm alting an ilvl 80 Exquisite Blade. Hit 20 fortify for the third time now in 1.3-1.4k-ish alts. But the second annul deleted it. 1:400 sounds reasonable.

    Does alting an ilvl 80 blade make it easier to hit the mod than with a higher level base? Just wondering because I had the option to buy an ilvl 86 base for the same price but decided against it for that reason. Wondering if I made the right call or if it even matters at all.

    Starforge might be the way to go at this point but the crafting approach seemed interesting so I wanted to give that a try. Especially with such a detailed guide. If the next annul bricks it for the fourth time I'm definitely selling the base though.

    Thanks again.
    An ilvl 80 base does make it a bit easier, since a higher level base can roll a few more mods. But realistically it doesn't matter because those mods are not very likely to roll.

    Ouch. I don't want to recommend it because the beasts are more expensive than alting, but there's a beastcrafting recipe that can imprint magic items (so you can revert to it after bricking a base). If you happen to have a craicic chimeral lying around, maybe consider giving it a shot.

    SHEPUUURD
    Jun 23, 2019 11:19:43 AM

    Thank you for the great build! I've just picked up the game on console and had no problem following through your guide.

    Question - are there any other changes you would recommend other than replacing aspect of the spider with precision ie skills/passives/items if I were to use atziri's disfavour instead of the crafted axe? I found one and really want to use it

    kuraiig
    Jun 23, 2019 11:46:45 AM

    "
    Svefnleysi wrote:

    Thanks for the reply.

    I'm alting an ilvl 80 Exquisite Blade. Hit 20 fortify for the third time now in 1.3-1.4k-ish alts. But the second annul deleted it. 1:400 sounds reasonable.

    Does alting an ilvl 80 blade make it easier to hit the mod than with a higher level base? Just wondering because I had the option to buy an ilvl 86 base for the same price but decided against it for that reason. Wondering if I made the right call or if it even matters at all.

    Starforge might be the way to go at this point but the crafting approach seemed interesting so I wanted to give that a try. Especially with such a detailed guide. If the next annul bricks it for the fourth time I'm definitely selling the base though.

    Thanks again.


    Don't get discouraged, I spent 5k alts on my sword and it's worth every penny spent. Never had such an easy life on Uber Elder.

    klaymored
    Jun 23, 2019 13:49:59 PM

    Thanks for this amazing build. I have a question. Is fortify support better than impale support?

    se7enday
    Jun 23, 2019 15:30:10 PM

    Only level 76, but just wanted to say the build feels insanely good and even red maps (t14 and t15) are pretty much a breeze even with shit tier rares I have atm. Really hyped to upgrade and min-max this build as much as possible. It's also my first melee build but aoe/damage make it so easy to play.

    The only bad thing is took me around 2500 alts to actually get fortify on the sword after annuling it for 6 times in a row. I guess you can only lose a coinflip so many times. But boy does it feel satisfying to hit it. The total cost of the sword was about 13-14 exa I'd say (I bought the 6 linked base for 7 exa).

    digyyyez
    Jun 23, 2019 16:34:11 PM

    Corpse Bane
    Exquisite Blade
    Click to expand
  • +60% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Fortify
  • 122% increased Physical Damage
  • 13% increased Attack Speed


  • So i got this sword, is the 18 fortify enough or go for lvl 20?

    fappzor
    Jun 23, 2019 19:18:46 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 54
  • 55
  • Next