Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Spectre chest insanity.

History

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
It should just be added to the fossil craft pool for chests as a rare mod.

You cannot make it a craft recipe because unlike +1 zombie or +1 skeleton (which are both minor or inconsistent damage boosts thanks to melee minion pathing)

A single spectre is a massive multiplier for damage.

It would easily be the kind of craft mod that takes 2 exalts to make if it were one.

It would also be the only chest mod summoners would use as spectres have utility in pretty much every summoner build you can fit them in .

there is a reason why vismortis is an otherwise shit chest when you remove the + spectre mod

Problem is, bound fossils are cheap as hell, since no one players summoner, so even if it was 1/100 or so, it is still 100 alch, not that expensive. If it were a crafting recipe, I am fine with it costing 1-2 exalts to craft.

bound fossils are also random, I never said that the spectre mod would be common.

the issue with craft recipes is that you can slap them on anything at the end of the process. So even if 2 exa sounds expensive . if you just throw +1 spectre on a 15 exa chest .. you saved a TON of money.

if it were bound fossils you would need to worry about having a good chest along with hitting the spectre mod.

Saltychipmunk
Jun 20, 2019 14:03:08 PM

"
kompaniet wrote:

That's a good point. I think we can all agree though, that the current situation is not good and requires a rework of some sort. I think even robmafia can agree with that.

sure. remove the mod, entirely. vis mortis or don't have it on chest.

/solved

robmafia
Jun 20, 2019 16:15:14 PM

"
robmafia wrote:
"
kompaniet wrote:

That's a good point. I think we can all agree though, that the current situation is not good and requires a rework of some sort. I think even robmafia can agree with that.

sure. remove the mod, entirely. vis mortis or don't have it on chest.

/solved

I liked saltychipmunk's idea.

kompaniet
Jun 20, 2019 16:20:38 PM

of course. nearly everyone wants obscene amounts of power creep. it's poe 2019.

robmafia
Jun 20, 2019 17:04:45 PM

"
Aynix wrote:
Want +1 spectre? There is unique chest for that. You know how hard is it to get +1 Curse on rare chestpiece? I could bitch on the forum all day about it. Do you see me doing it?

I know how hard it is to get +1 curse chest, took me about 120-150 Betrayal encounters, so without any trading or prophecies/sextants, can do it in 40-50 days easily just from dailies alone. If you only log in to do Jun daily, can get it in about 4-5h of grind.

Spectre chest is about 200-300 times harder to get. And you can't craft it, and can't get it on a base of ilvl higher than 83, or shaper/elder base, and so on. Assuming the odds of highest tier body armour being 1/10, the spectre chest is 2000-3000 times harder to get. Add in the low chances of good mods, the near impossibility to craft...hence the INSANITY in the title.

That being said, crafting +1 curse is 3 exalted, most expensive craft in-game, so I think if +1 spectre does become a craft option, it should also be 3 exalted.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 20, 2019 22:18:52 PM

Bump.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 22, 2019 11:36:32 AM

Bump.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 23, 2019 15:49:52 PM

Bump, no one cares about summoners? :(

Shieldbreaker
Jun 25, 2019 04:00:29 AM

Bump.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 26, 2019 21:02:32 PM

I agree with the OP as a spectre main that has slowly been encouraged not to play my favorite class for a large variety of issues unrelated to this topic.

But one of those issues that is the OPs post literally, its far too difficult to obtain this armour.

i tend to run 2x midnight bargain, my life sucks enough without this insanity, I did not delve nearly as much as the OP in Synthesis league but i did delve a decent amount and never came across a single minion node.

I'm not really angry about how complicated it is to get one of these armours but compared to getting a headhunter i could probably get a couple of those every league much easier than this armour which is still bound to a heavy RNG roll and if you try to anull useless mods you risk losing an item that is almost literally irreplaceable in a leagues lifespan

Edit: i do have one question to ask here though, say that GGG does listen and makes the armour easier to get, perhaps to the point that they are available on the market at a reasonable price.. what happens to vis mortis? does the unholy might still offer enough reason to ever use it.

all changes are going to have a broad effect generally in this game.

SilentSymphony
Jun 27, 2019 08:16:04 AM
  • Prev
  • Next