Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Spectre chest insanity.

History

"
Phaeded wrote:

Why so deep though? Don't those biomes start much earlier than that?

true. they start at 80 ish depth. but as you know when you go down the chance to see unique biomes increases.
for the first month of the league to complete 40 challenges i was delving sideways. there is a 500-800 levels deep sideways delve path i ve done at depths between 80 to 90.
there is only 1 minion biome in this sideway paths. they are even rarer than the unique fossil biomes.
after 800 there were 5+ biome nodes i ve found that i did not do in delve league. max should be 1k deep.
so with this in mind it is extremely rare to find a minion biome.
so rare that you have to go way too deep to farm a reliable amount to guarantee the spectre chest drop. approximately 3 biomes to achieve it.

MrsDeath_
Sep 05, 2019 21:10:15 PM

"
MrsDeath_ wrote:
"
Phaeded wrote:

Why so deep though? Don't those biomes start much earlier than that?

true. they start at 80 ish depth. but as you know when you go down the chance to see unique biomes increases.
for the first month of the league to complete 40 challenges i was delving sideways. there is a 500-800 levels deep sideways delve path i ve done at depths between 80 to 90.
there is only 1 minion biome in this sideway paths. they are even rarer than the unique fossil biomes.
after 800 there were 5+ biome nodes i ve found that i did not do in delve league. max should be 1k deep.
so with this in mind it is extremely rare to find a minion biome.
so rare that you have to go way too deep to farm a reliable amount to guarantee the spectre chest drop. approximately 3 biomes to achieve it.

Well, I wouldn't say do that either (stop at 90). This league I found more boss rooms than I did during the entirety of Delve and I stopped going down at 250'ish, a totally achievable depth for casual players IMO. For me I found the lower sulphite cost allowed me to explore much more broadly and so overall I've found many more unique biomes. Perhaps the minion biomes are different (I wasn't keeping track of specific biomes I found) but I think there is a rational argument to be made that casual players do not have to get down to 800 just to get that chest. Of course, we're talking about some ludicrously small sample sizes here, so *shrug*.

It will be fun to see how it unfolds. If I find one I'll let you know where... and if you haven't found one yet I'll sell it to you. LOL!

Phaeded
Sep 05, 2019 21:57:51 PM

"
Phaeded wrote:

It will be fun to see how it unfolds. If I find one I'll let you know where... and if you haven't found one yet I'll sell it to you. LOL!

Sell to me instead! :D

On a related note, they are promising that the rare delve encounters will be more frequent. This might include the 'contains minion and aura items' node, so it could make the chest more achievable.

Shieldbreaker
Sep 06, 2019 16:01:45 PM

They are super cheap now. Picked one up last night.

kolyaboo
Sep 11, 2019 00:25:06 AM

lolz @ this thread being bumped.

1. the minion nodes are more common
2. there are more +1 spectre chests available
3. the mechanic change grants 4 spectres with no real investment, anyway
4. summoners are so stupidly OP that no gear is even needed to faceroll the game.

congrats, you got what you wanted: rampant power creep to trivialize the game even further and an abundance of +1 spectre chests. summoners are now the OP cancer of the game. i can clear blights while afk and watching cobra kai on youtube.

no idea why OP is bumping this.

robmafia
Sep 17, 2019 18:54:58 PM

"
robmafia wrote:
lolz @ this thread being bumped.

1. the minion nodes are more common
2. there are more +1 spectre chests available
3. the mechanic change grants 4 spectres with no real investment, anyway
4. summoners are so stupidly OP that no gear is even needed to faceroll the game.

congrats, you got what you wanted: rampant power creep to trivialize the game even further and an abundance of +1 spectre chests. summoners are now the OP cancer of the game. i can clear blights while afk and watching cobra kai on youtube.

no idea why OP is bumping this.

fair point on bumping it now since the request is fulfilled however the spectre chest by no means is why summoners are now overpowered.

I look forward to supporting your power creep thread as i also think its a major problem but this is by far one of the least important threads to bring up the power creep in, GLHF in blight.

SilentSymphony
Sep 17, 2019 20:50:34 PM

No idea if I am just lucky or if it has been properly fixed, but I encountered a minion node in just depth ~~150, which contained 2 grim armour boxes, one of which dropped a +1 spectre chest on a solid base - loricated ringmail.

Definitely feels better than it was previously, I see a lot of 'contains x items nodes'.

Shieldbreaker
Sep 22, 2019 20:11:48 PM

...OP doesn't even read the thread.

hahaha

robmafia
Sep 22, 2019 21:48:51 PM
  • Prev