Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Spectre chest insanity.

History

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
If anyone has any other ideas on how to make the +1 spectre chest more fair, feel free to share!

Your suggestion was quite good. Both me and Pizzarugi are with you there.

kompaniet
Jun 15, 2019 16:46:55 PM

honestly, i think +1 spectre is too strong to have a crafting recipe.

that said, i think a lot of the betrayal crafts are too strong and shouldn't exist, either.

robmafia
Jun 15, 2019 19:18:30 PM

"
robmafia wrote:
honestly, i think +1 spectre is too strong to have a crafting recipe.

that said, i think a lot of the betrayal crafts are too strong and shouldn't exist, either.

I agree that it would be a very strong craft, but I do not see much of an alternative. Fossil or essence mod would end up cheaper and easier to craft.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 16, 2019 04:30:20 AM

...wtf? you don't see an alternative? aside from vis mortis or any other chestpiece? it's not like +1 spectres is a necessity.

robmafia
Jun 16, 2019 07:16:37 AM

"
robmafia wrote:
...wtf? you don't see an alternative? aside from vis mortis or any other chestpiece? it's not like +1 spectres is a necessity.

It is absolutely a necessity for spectre summoners. The current solutions are either Vis Mortis, or Midnight Bargain+ Shavs. Or, a delve chest, which takes thousands of hours to get. I am just saying that the alternative solution should not be so insanely gated.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 16, 2019 16:34:43 PM

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

It is absolutely a necessity for spectre summoners.

and this is why power creep/self-entitlement has ruined poe.

the fact that people actually believe statements like this.

robmafia
Jun 16, 2019 19:29:43 PM

"
robmafia wrote:
"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

It is absolutely a necessity for spectre summoners.

and this is why power creep/self-entitlement has ruined poe.

the fact that people actually believe statements like this.

You know summoners used to have 5 8-linked spectres and like 12 zombies, right? With the 2 extra links being traps and mines, each giving a huge %MORE multiplier. If you wanted to be extra brutal, you summoned your 5 spectres and 12 zombies, then used regret orbs to reallocate the minion passives into defense or other useful ones.

And, obviously, you would summon them while wearing 2x Midnight Bargain and all other sorts of summoner gear, then swap it out for real gear.

That was the first and last time summoners were strong and even overpowered in Path of Exile history. And I ain't asking for that sort of power level back, I am just asking for less tedium in a small fraction of that.

But hey, everyone is playing summoners, they are #1 boss killers and deep delvers and speed clearers and everyones first choice, so no way they could get some quality of life, right? /s

Shieldbreaker
Jun 17, 2019 07:20:55 AM

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
"
robmafia wrote:

It is absolutely a necessity for spectre summoners. The current solutions are either Vis Mortis, or Midnight Bargain+ Shavs. Or, a delve chest, which takes thousands of hours to get. I am just saying that the alternative solution should not be so insanely gated.

Well you might want to take that build back to the ol drawing board because ive shit all over every single inch of this game including Uber Elder (First kill i got was with Solar Guards..) with every Spectre Summoner ive ever made (3) with good ol Vis Mortis... So NO its NOT a necessity unless you are making a shitty summoner to start with.

A rare chest with +1 Spectres is indeed a HUGE upgrade over Vis especially for life or hybrid on a build that already destroys the game without it and should be bat shit insane to acquire. Shouldn't even exist to be honest with you... Already got a replacement for the weakest unique item in the build with the Boot Craft as it is. (Bound Fossil)

If you cant make it work with the boots and vis than something is seriously fucked with your build and i highly doubt that chest will fix it. Seeing as how you think its so mandatory...

Demonoz
Jun 17, 2019 08:48:38 AM

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:

You know summoners used to have 5 8-linked spectres and like 12 zombies, right? With the 2 extra links being traps and mines, each giving a huge %MORE multiplier. If you wanted to be extra brutal, you summoned your 5 spectres and 12 zombies, then used regret orbs to reallocate the minion passives into defense or other useful ones.

And, obviously, you would summon them while wearing 2x Midnight Bargain and all other sorts of summoner gear, then swap it out for real gear.

woooooooooooow. JUST like i said. (self-entitlement)

you SERIOUSLY think that the snapshotting bug is your basis for argument?

why not just expect monsters to commit suicide upon loading into the instance?

robmafia
Jun 17, 2019 16:27:57 PM

"
robmafia wrote:

woooooooooooow. JUST like i said. (self-entitlement)

you SERIOUSLY think that the snapshotting bug is your basis for argument?

why not just expect monsters to commit suicide upon loading into the instance?

I mention it since it was the last time spectre/zombie summoners were meta. They have been trash to mediocre since. Why you oppose some quality of life for summoners is beyond me.

Shieldbreaker
Jun 17, 2019 19:39:50 PM
  • Prev
  • Next