Forum Index Feedback and Suggestions Spectre chest insanity.

History

"
robmafia wrote:

*sigh*

you can't spend 9 pages arguing about how rare spectre chests are so much better than vis and then turn around and try to argue that they're similar in power. it's a joke.

just as rare spectre boots are WAY stronger than ullr.

as for the last paragraph, tabula rasa.

this is the same problem. you're just switching a misused word to another misused word. not only is 4 viable, 3 is. hell, 2 is.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/viable


I argued that it is insanely many times harder to get, not that it is much better. All I stated is that it has potential to be stronger defensively. You already had one ban for personal attacks and misquoting everyone.

Tabula rasa is not naked, but I would looove to see a video of 2 6l spectres with spectres and summoner both being into negative resists, clearing t15. Since you claim it is easy, please, show us a video of it happening.

And if 2 and 3 spectres is viable, then why is no one playing summoners with the power level of 4 and even 5 spectres? If spectres are so strong, why is necromancer one of the least picked ascendancies, at about 0.5%? Why is raise spectre one of the least used main skills, again, at ~~0.5%?

Shieldbreaker
Jul 30, 2019 16:59:37 PM

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:


I argued that it is insanely many times harder to get, not that it is much better.


oh, please. for starters, if it's not much better than you'd just be playing with a vis mortis instead of spending so much time in this thread.


"
Shieldbreaker wrote:

All I stated is that it has potential to be stronger defensively. You already had one ban for personal attacks and misquoting everyone.


lolwut?

now you're pretending you know what i was banned for? hint: neither.

also, show me ONE time i 'misquoted anyone.' good luck, you'll need it. the thing about quotes... they're quotes.

i bet you can't cite a single 'personal attack,' either.

"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
Tabula rasa is not naked,


in this game, it's considered naked. for what should be obvious reasons, but since this thread exists... it offers no defenses or stats. and yes, this game requires a piece of gear to use a skill.


"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
but I would looove to see a video of 2 6l spectres with spectres and summoner both being into negative resists, clearing t15. Since you claim it is easy, please, show us a video of it happening.


this is betrayal, all over again.

make a mundane claim. get incredulous responses. post proof of mundane claim. evasion/backpedaling intensifies, while insisting it's still impossible...

seriously. summoners are de facto the tankiest builds in the game. clearing t15s with ease should not be any kind of shocker.


"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
And if 2 and 3 spectres is viable, then why is no one playing summoners with the power level of 4


SERIOUSLY?

you're SERIOUSLY pretending that no one plays with 4 spectres? SERIOUSLY? come on, man.


"
Shieldbreaker wrote:
and even 5 spectres? If spectres are so strong, why is necromancer one of the least picked ascendancies, at about 0.5%? Why is raise spectre one of the least used main skills, again, at ~~0.5%?


have you seen previous leagues? gee, i wonder why there aren't many summoners IN MELEE LEAGUE? i wonder why there were so few melee chars in the last few leagues... it's so weird that trap league was full of trappers!

you're confusing power with flair (whatever's reworked, new/shiny) or kill speed.


edit: i just realized you're not even playing the league. that makes this so much weirder. you want a change that impacts leagues so you can play on standard? what?

robmafia
Jul 30, 2019 17:57:31 PM

"
robmafia wrote:
WAT

you care THIS MUCH about +1 spectre mods, but you don't even use it on a weapon? wtf?!





Bcs you lose:
90 minion damage, 15 minion AS and Cast Speed on 1H weapon.

You lose Necro Aegis Victario's Charity Shield

Check ninja how many spectre players use queen's

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Necromancer&skill=Raise-Spectre

pphnx
Jul 31, 2019 10:57:49 AM

...the irony is overwhelming.

this thread puts so much emphasis on the mod and even calls it "mandatory." then people want to argue against it in favor of "90 minion damage, 15 minion AS and Cast Speed on 1H weapon" which should be objectively worse for any build with minion passives allocated.

*facepalm*

re: poeninja.

*clicked on the top one.*

midnight bargain AND vis mortis.

*closed tab*

robmafia
Jul 31, 2019 16:22:56 PM

90% increased minion damage sound worse than a +1 specter.
I am not a math guy but I have the feeling a +1 would give you an order of a more multiplier in your dps.

It s like 90% increased damage vs +1-+3 free proj dealing an additional 40 k dps.




lolozori
Jul 31, 2019 16:32:34 PM

so for curiosity's sake, i actually reported the above post (bloodpuddles') for against ToS via the fake quote (ie: actually libel, lolz), a few days ago.

i get a ban and a removed post for saying the obviously superduperceralmanbearpig violation of............

"facts > opinion"

yup. THAT was deemed too far and actually cited by a ggg rep to me in an email, claiming it was "antagonistic." of course, the post was removed, too. god forbid, someone should read such a scandalous pair of words.

lolzbump

robmafia
Aug 04, 2019 06:51:41 AM

.

Head_Less
Aug 05, 2019 13:11:18 PM

lolz @ reply-less bumps.

robmafia
Aug 07, 2019 01:39:25 AM

"
robmafia wrote:
...the irony is overwhelming.

this thread puts so much emphasis on the mod and even calls it "mandatory." then people want to argue against it in favor of "90 minion damage, 15 minion AS and Cast Speed on 1H weapon" which should be objectively worse for any build with minion passives allocated.

*facepalm*

re: poeninja.

*clicked on the top one.*

midnight bargain AND vis mortis.

*closed tab*


Midnight Bargain is good if you cover its downside. You have to go ES to cover it. You are not using Shavrone you have to stack Chaos Res which is pain in the ass. Even if you stack CR; decent chaos damage will still kill you. You have to be careful where to farm. You have to know which monsters have chaos damage. It's not for everyone.

What you must understand from this? Midnight Bargain has downside. Did you get it?

Do I have to repeat 32nd times?

Rare spec chest has no downside.

These chests are way way better than Vis still around ~15ex
https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Legion/DeJJ22S5

Use midnight bargain over rare spectre chest is retarded argument.

pphnx
Aug 07, 2019 11:50:01 AM

This thread is about making it LESS rare, not necessarily making it SUPER EASY to get.

Lets argue over something that like with the +1 totem on shield which the unique shield that gives this has a downside of forcing blood magic a rare shield does not have this downside.

There's no good reason for the body to be as rare as it is, it should have been available when totems +1 on shield was added which is much more powerful than having to add it on your BODY armour for most builds.

SilentSymphony
Aug 07, 2019 14:58:32 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 22
  • 23
  • Next