Forum Index PvP Discussion PvP dead since 3.4?

History

quite sad to see it die slowly. been loving pvp in arpgs.
I can't help but to wonder, if pvp is being worked on at all? other than just killing skills and making more op skills without considering its effects in pvp

relithh
Jun 11, 2019 19:58:27 PM

[removed]

Aodui
Jun 11, 2019 20:23:30 PM

Synthesis league killed std pvp, simple as that.When you don t give a single fuck about the power creep you introduce because who care s if 3 month later it get erased from core, It create a situation were std competitive aspect get rekt.

And until they address traps/mines/chaos dots it won t be much played in league either.

Adding a low chance to get some pvp related crafting recipee when enter 1 vs 1 could be a nice addition.

Head_Less
Jun 12, 2019 10:30:27 AM

"
Head_Less wrote:
Synthesis league killed std pvp, simple as that.When you don t give a single fuck about the power creep you introduce because who care s if 3 month later it get erased from core, It create a situation were std competitive aspect get rekt.

And until they address traps/mines/chaos dots it won t be much played in league either.

Adding a low chance to get some pvp related crafting recipee when enter 1 vs 1 could be a nice addition.

1v1 will be wrecked by one build

relithh
Jun 13, 2019 07:17:33 AM

"
relithh wrote:
"
Head_Less wrote:

1v1 will be wrecked by one build

what build?

keyboardell
Jun 14, 2019 07:50:14 AM

Relithh standing in corner one shotting entire arena "why wont anyone play with me?????? sad-emoji.jpg"

Realitycheck, PvP in poe has been garbage since day 1 boys.

Bearbarion
Jun 14, 2019 13:29:36 PM

[removed]

Aodui
Jun 21, 2019 02:31:12 AM

"
Aodui wrote:
I think the Koreans have saved us from death.

I enter league sarn (standard sarn still absolutely dead) and find 4-5 people fairly often, and I sometimes even get the PVP 1v1 queue (I'm ranked 13 after winning two fights, that means there are more than a dozen of us).

Molten Shell is back to one shotting everyone in the vicinity, and the Koreans seem to be focusing on chaos damage skills, so maybe it is not the best league for melee pvp, but at least people are playing.
(In league, Standard may as well not exist)

you still haven't transition to divine flesh?

Rupenus
Jun 21, 2019 07:58:38 AM

"
Rupenus wrote:

you still haven't transition to divine flesh?

IS it really that good? I remember chaos dots would melt in 0.001sec anyone even having 75% chaos res, would 85% chaos res really make a difference when chaos skills can deal 1 millions chaos tooltype?

Head_Less
Jun 21, 2019 13:08:39 PM

using divine flesh and assuming the opponent has 75 elemental pen, out of 100 elemental damage you only receive 57.5.

let it sink in.

with incadescent heart things can get really out of control.(40 received out of 100)

so instead of 100, opponent has to deal 250 damage to kill you. 150% more health for pvp.(inca + flesh)

Rupenus
Jun 21, 2019 15:40:38 PM
  • Next