Forum Index Duelist [3.8] The Hitman, Elemental Hit Slayer (League Starter to Endgame / 800+ Delve)

History

You're welcome

Tenkiei
Oct 14, 2019 19:19:52 PM

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the detailed guide. Especially the parts on gearing & gem interactions. As a relatively casual player (at least before this league), this was a fun build with a lot of flexibility/choices. Late game content became very easy (makes me wonder what the hell I was doing before). There is so much depth to the mechanics in PoE.
I chose to run Flesh and Stone for the sand stance defensive aura that blinds all nearby enemies - seems a pretty good deal for 25% reservation, I don't seem to find folks mentioning it that often though.

Xzhuang
Oct 24, 2019 16:01:18 PM

"
Xzhuang wrote:
Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the detailed guide. Especially the parts on gearing & gem interactions. As a relatively casual player (at least before this league), this was a fun build with a lot of flexibility/choices. Late game content became very easy (makes me wonder what the hell I was doing before). There is so much depth to the mechanics in PoE.
I chose to run Flesh and Stone for the sand stance defensive aura that blinds all nearby enemies - seems a pretty good deal for 25% reservation, I don't seem to find folks mentioning it that often though.

Thank you!

I also like Flesh and Stone. I think it got a good bit of attention last league, but has in some ways fallen through the cracks of the softcore playerbase.

I think it's not uncommon on softcore for people to think about damage first, defenses second. So you see a lot of people using something like anger which has no defensive benefits as opposed to spider + flesh and stone.

Tenkiei
Oct 24, 2019 22:40:59 PM

Storm Mark
Thicket Bow
  • 8% increased Attack Speed
  • Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances
  • 20% chance to deal Double Damage

• Hi I blindly crafted this bow without knowing what mod I should aim. Is this worth crafting for elehit slayer? trying to do my last char before closing the league.

Thanks

awawawawa
    Oct 26, 2019 04:43:26 AM

Which annoint will be best for this build? Offence/defence ones?

Malorie
    Oct 27, 2019 22:27:33 PM

"
    awawawawa wrote:
    Storm Mark
    Thicket Bow
  • 8% increased Attack Speed
  • Damage Penetrates 5% Elemental Resistances
  • 20% chance to deal Double Damage

• Hi I blindly crafted this bow without knowing what mod I should aim. Is this worth crafting for elehit slayer? trying to do my last char before closing the league.

Thanks

It's usable because it has double damage, but I don't think it's the best. I'd compare it within PoB to a +1 all gems / +2 bow or supports multimodded bow and use whichever comes out on top.

"
    Malorie wrote:
    Which annoint will be best for this build? Offence/defence ones?

From my amulet gearing section;

So what to anoint on it?
    Lava Lash is your best option for raw damage. You can alternatively take Tenacity which is slightly less damage but 5% increased maximum life which is overall more value.

If you want as much life as possible anoint "Discipline and Training" for the max life/increased max life.

If you just want all around amazing defenses take "Soul of Steel" for 1% max res (this can be combined with a "Granite" flask and dropping Acro for Iron Reflexes" to facilitate Molten Shell in place of Steelskin)

Tenkiei
    Oct 28, 2019 19:32:34 PM
  • Prev