Forum Index Ranger [3.7] Necromantic Scribe - [6k Life] [All Content] [1M+ dps] [Fast Playstyle]

History

"
xDeicidium wrote:
"
Bobblybook wrote:
"
xDeicidium wrote:
I'd like to do this as my last build this league and also I'll use this to get my last 5 challenges to reach the 24 challenge reward. Can this build do guardians and Uber Elder. That's all I want to do this league because my previous character doesn't have enough HP and this has almost 6k (my last was 4.5k :D)

Also, if I have poet's pen at level 1, what's a good leveling setup from there? Thanks!



Yes it can do guardians and uber elder. I tend to lag on uber elder (potato pc) so it can get a bit shady, but it's no problem if you know the fight. I've done uber elder solo both this league and last league using this build :)


Wow great.

if I have poet's pen at level 1, what's a good leveling setup from there? Thanks!


Oh sorry. Umm, you could use any spells you like - Arc is a good one, with two spell supports (Controlled destruction + elemental focus, or added lightning, or something like that). I haven't levelled with Poet's Pens before, but a lot of people have, so there should be a lot of poet's pen levelling setups out there.

Bobblybook
Aug 22, 2019 13:54:57 PM

any alternate for Winterheart +1 curse? Kinda expensive to just outright buy one and there's only 1 at the trade.

xDeicidium
Aug 24, 2019 15:52:44 PM

Again, loved this build this league, my favorite. I got to 36/40 using mainly this and a little of my facebreaker cyclone toon.

Any ideas yet on how the upcoming changes may impact this build? Do you plan on working it up again or heading some other direction?

Thanks again. :)

lowbrow909
Aug 28, 2019 17:39:58 PM

"
xDeicidium wrote:
any alternate for Winterheart +1 curse? Kinda expensive to just outright buy one and there's only 1 at the trade.


Winterheart +1 is not required at all, you can use any +1 curse corrupted amulet. Just that Winterheart has nice life and resists, so it's a really cheap base to corrupt yourself (costs like 1 alch + 1 vaal per attempt).

Bobblybook
Aug 31, 2019 20:53:25 PM

"
lowbrow909 wrote:
Again, loved this build this league, my favorite. I got to 36/40 using mainly this and a little of my facebreaker cyclone toon.

Any ideas yet on how the upcoming changes may impact this build? Do you plan on working it up again or heading some other direction?

Thanks again. :)


Great!

It doesn't look like the changes will affect the build much. Maybe poison will be more viable, depending on the changes, but I wouldn't count on it.
I won't be playing the start of this league as I'll be busy, but you can probably build it the same way (adjusting for any skill tree changes).

Bobblybook
Aug 31, 2019 20:58:01 PM

The 3.8 Changes

The Poet's Pen: Now triggers socketed spells at the end of an attack, rather than at the start. Now has a cooldown of 0.15 seconds (from 0.25).

this is a Nerf right? We do not get over 0.25?


and in the passive tree we need 2 more Points to reach Spiritual Command.

Sadauka
Sep 04, 2019 22:26:54 PM

"
Sadauka wrote:
The 3.8 Changes

The Poet's Pen: Now triggers socketed spells at the end of an attack, rather than at the start. Now has a cooldown of 0.15 seconds (from 0.25).

this is a Nerf right? We do not get over 0.25?


and in the passive tree we need 2 more Points to reach Spiritual Command.


it fairly buff, cooldown get faster mean u can cast more spell in one second than before

dumbdmub
Sep 05, 2019 15:39:38 PM

for a cooldown of 0,25 we need 4 Attacks per second.
If we want the buff for the poets we would need a APS with barrage of over 4 to 6.66

is we stay unter 4 nothing changes except the end effect.

in the POB the attackrate is 3.43 for Barrage.


And i think with desecrate buff the poets will rise in price.

Sadauka
Sep 05, 2019 17:35:46 PM

Anyone using this build in the current league?

lowbrow909
Sep 09, 2019 19:33:23 PM

Doesnt seem to be much difference compared to before, you kinda just use annoint or what its called for whispers of doom and change a few things on talent tree. According to PoB its not even a change in terms of dps so should pretty much still be viable.

But one things for sure, the Poet Pen's "nerf" might have hit this build's soulrend.

Verissaugh
Sep 13, 2019 21:25:30 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8