Forum Index Witch [3.8 Video Guide] Vortex Cold Snap DoT [HC/SC/Uber Elder/Shaper viable]

History

Hello,

I've a question. How do you deal with physical damage with this build and how much ES is comfortable to not get one shot to death?


I'm also having an issue with exploding enemies that spawn spikes on death, which most likely are physical damage. Those groups are very dangerous to me, is there a way to deal with this?

Ryuuzaki
Jun 18, 2019 10:07:10 AM

Blight Cry
Imbued Wand
Click to expand
  • 36% increased Spell Damage
  • +28% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier
  • 18% increased Cold Damage
  • 106% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • +18% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Hi guys, is this wand good for this build?

    mithosiris
    Jun 18, 2019 18:37:27 PM

    Crit and crit multi is useless for vortex/cold snap (doesn't work on the DOT part).

    "
    Ryuuzaki wrote:

    I'm also having an issue with exploding enemies that spawn spikes on death, which most likely are physical damage. Those groups are very dangerous to me, is there a way to deal with this?


    Use Cold Snap from a safe range or drop vortex on the edge on the mob cluster then quickly move away.

    Ashtrey
    Jun 20, 2019 13:49:34 PM

    Im curious about the Wicked Ward adjustment, with it now not being in the Ascendancy Skill tree and having 100 ES removed as well. I was able to dance around with my points and make it work but now i have 2 unused ascendancy points haha.

    Errodin
    Jun 21, 2019 20:28:08 PM

    Amazin guide, thank you !

    But i have one question, do "Added 'Flat' cold damage to attacks" can interfer with the Elemental equilibrium setup ?

    I have some on a piece that i don't want to change for now.

    SuperSkyraw
    Jun 22, 2019 18:42:30 PM

    "
    SuperSkyraw wrote:
    Amazin guide, thank you !

    But i have one question, do "Added 'Flat' cold damage to attacks" can interfer with the Elemental equilibrium setup ?

    I have some on a piece that i don't want to change for now.


    Nope, not really since the EE provided with trigger weapons is dealt via Storm Brand & Orb of Storms which are consistently hitting and overrides any other EE which includes the cold EE applied by the hit dmg from Frost Bomb or Cold Snap which is fine since we focus on dealing damage over time and the lightning approached EE takes over a milisecond after.



    Do note that I don't usually respond to forum thread questions due to not being a full time streamer. However, I ALWAYS respond to questions asked via the YouTube video, twitter, twitch & discord :)

    Ghazzy
    Jun 22, 2019 19:13:57 PM

    Thanks bro ! You rock!

    SuperSkyraw
    Jun 22, 2019 22:24:55 PM

    "
    mithosiris wrote:
    Blight Cry
    Imbued Wand
    Click to expand
  • 36% increased Spell Damage
  • +28% to Cold Damage over Time Multiplier
  • 18% increased Cold Damage
  • 106% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • +18% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Hi guys, is this wand good for this build?


    Sorry for the late reply, but as we use Elemental Overload, we don't benefit from Crit Multi or Crit Chance particularly, so i'd imagine a +spellpower, +Cold DoT specific wand would be better for us.

    casper0010
    Jun 24, 2019 14:40:43 PM

    Edit: Fixed the problem so rant got deleted :D

    CyberzoneDK
    Jun 27, 2019 01:44:52 AM

    Does anyone know why the minion nodes on the updated pastbin tree? Specifically the Righteous Army, Redemption, Spiritual Aid cluster?

    Kellen_RH
    Jun 29, 2019 23:00:53 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • Next