Forum Index Shadow (3.8) Toxic Rain | All Content 3m Shaper DPS | Fast Mapping + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

History

"
trollzilla wrote:
Used this as league starter, and pleasantly surprised at its efficiency.

Getting a new quiver, will be replacing praxis, and will have a queen later today when i get on. Will replace that ammy also after the rest of my purchases. So far have made 3 ex or so with this build and i'm loving it. Transitioned real well into maps! Ran a quill all the way up to maps. Attack speed is hella slow rn, so i need much more AS on my jewels. Any suggestions/upgrades are welcome.

Looks like you're doin good to me. I might be optimizing the build here soon, I'll take a look at it tomorrow. I haven't slept a ton but I finish killing a few uber elders so I'll get some sleep and think about it. The biggest upgrade for you is going to be a 1.5 aps bow with 10-16% local attack speed on it. will feel about 30% faster.

typicaldemon
Jun 09, 2019 20:43:17 PM

Will you update the gear thing? Because there it shows Synthesised bow which we cant get it anymore I think. Im just a newbie so dunno. You also say in leveling guide "go Master Fletcher first but its not even in your final tree.. So can I trust the tree about being updated for 3.7 sir?

Elloktrik
Jun 09, 2019 23:26:23 PM

"
Elloktrik wrote:
Will you update the gear thing? Because there it shows Synthesised bow which we cant get it anymore I think. Im just a newbie so dunno. You also say in leveling guide "go Master Fletcher first but its not even in your final tree.. So can I trust the tree about being updated for 3.7 sir?

If you look at the new tree it has Master Fletcher. Either way, don't worry about the node name too much, we didn't change what we take. GGG just changed the name around.

typicaldemon
Jun 10, 2019 03:04:24 AM

Alright after a few upgrades, my build is looking much better, I really miss that speed from quill, and have been doin my best to get some back xD

Bramble Thirst
Imperial Bow
  • Adds 3 to 65 Lightning Damage
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
  • +32% to Lightning Resistance
  • +431 to Accuracy Rating
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • The Vertex
    Vaal Mask
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
  • Socketed Gems have 50% reduced Mana Cost
  • 268% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
  • +36 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +26% to Chaos Resistance
  • Enemies Cannot Leech Mana From you
  • "A queen should be seen, admired, but never touched."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Blood Choker
    Citrine Amulet
  • +16 to Strength and Dexterity
  • +40 to Strength
  • +51 to maximum Life
  • 8% increased Rarity of Items found
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +27 to maximum Mana
  • 3% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
  • Corruption Bite
    Spike-Point Arrow Quiver
  • 28% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • Adds 4 to 7 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • Adds 5 to 8 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • +74 to maximum Life
  • +13 Life gained on Kill
  • 14% increased Projectile Speed
  • Honour Eye
    Moonstone Ring
  • +22 to maximum Energy Shield
  • Adds 10 to 15 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +68 to maximum Life
  • +8% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +33% to Cold Resistance
  • +31 to maximum Mana
  • 4% reduced Mana Cost of Skills
  • +12% to Cold and Chaos Resistances
  • Damnation Band
    Paua Ring
  • +22 to maximum Mana
  • +69 to maximum Life
  • +41 to maximum Mana
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • +36% to Cold Resistance
  • +11% to Lightning Resistance
  • 20% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Queen of the Forest
    Destiny Leather
  • 235% increased Evasion Rating
  • +65 to maximum Life
  • +6% to Fire Resistance
  • +32% to Cold Resistance
  • +23% to Lightning Resistance
  • 25% reduced Movement Speed
  • 1% increased Movement Speed per 600 Evasion Rating, up to 75%
  • -40 Physical Damage taken from Hits by Animals
  • Shedding away her regal past,

she forged a new destiny.

Sacrificing the ephemeral joys of man,

she embraced the eternal grasp of nature.

Seizing her one true wish,

she found peace at last.

Rift Claw
    Assassin's Mitts
  • Adds 1 to 14 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • +89 to maximum Life
  • +35 to maximum Mana
  • +25% to Fire Resistance
  • +35% to Lightning Resistance
  • +28% to Cold Resistance
  • Bramble Snare
    Heavy Belt
  • +30 to Strength
  • +70 to maximum Life
  • +21% to Fire Resistance
  • +35% to Cold Resistance
  • +35% to Lightning Resistance
  • 19% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • Atziri's Step
    Slink Boots
  • 180% increased Evasion Rating
  • +61 to maximum Life
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • 14% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
  • "Those who dance are considered insane

by those who cannot hear the music."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Seething Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
  • 66% reduced Amount Recovered
  • Instant Recovery
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Surgeon's Silver Flask of Curing
    -
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immune to Poison during Flask Effect Removes Poison on use
  • Perpetual Quartz Flask of Reflexes
    -
  • 31% increased Charge Recovery
  • 69% increased Evasion Rating during Flask effect
  • Perpetual Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
  • 24% increased Charge Recovery
  • 28% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • Perpetual Jade Flask of Heat
    -
  • 38% increased Charge Recovery
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use

• As for jewels, i've been focusing on attack speed mainly, and some DoT. Eventually i'd like to craft my on jewels with life/as, and abyss jewel buffs to make QoL better. I've gotta say, after steamrolling this game with mines/traps, winter orb, poets pen, and various other builds. This is one of my top 3 in terms of smooth gameplay. I went through the whole campaign with literally no obstruction, transitioned into maps at a breakneck speed and am about to start chaining reds.

MY biggest issue is this damn amulet. No amulet with dot multiplier. Been dumping a tad bit of money into rolling it manually, buts its an elusive roll. I'm sure there's a few things i can improve, or rolls to aim for on certain gear, but i'll take it as it goes, and any advice is welcome (again lul).

Thanks for a really dependable build man. Feels real good c: Best of luck to you this league.

trollzilla
    Jun 10, 2019 05:05:20 AM

Why do we "lose" maloneys quiver? I can afford one now and not sure why I shouldnt use it.

WanderinlostX
    Jun 10, 2019 06:00:41 AM

"
    WanderinlostX wrote:
    Why do we "lose" maloneys quiver? I can afford one now and not sure why I shouldnt use it.

I'm actually using one now, use one by all means. I had originally thought they were Synthesis only so I didn't think we'd have access to them this league. I'm still not sure how they drop, but they do.

typicaldemon
    Jun 10, 2019 09:25:07 AM

"
    trollzilla wrote:
    Alright after a few upgrades, my build is looking much better, I really miss that speed from quill, and have been doin my best to get some back xD
    As for jewels, i've been focusing on attack speed mainly, and some DoT. Eventually i'd like to craft my on jewels with life/as, and abyss jewel buffs to make QoL better. I've gotta say, after steamrolling this game with mines/traps, winter orb, poets pen, and various other builds. This is one of my top 3 in terms of smooth gameplay. I went through the whole campaign with literally no obstruction, transitioned into maps at a breakneck speed and am about to start chaining reds.

MY biggest issue is this damn amulet. No amulet with dot multiplier. Been dumping a tad bit of money into rolling it manually, buts its an elusive roll. I'm sure there's a few things i can improve, or rolls to aim for on certain gear, but i'll take it as it goes, and any advice is welcome (again lul).

Thanks for a really dependable build man. Feels real good c: Best of luck to you this league.

Appreciate the kind words about the build, glad you enjoy it. As for advice, I have a bit. I'd really recommend 20q'ing your chest, helmet, and boots. It makes a moderate increase in ES/Evasion and its relatively free. If you tighten up your resists, you can fit an attack speed roll on your gloves quite easily as well. Aside from that, just keep on goin'. The build scales really well with investment, both defensively and offensively.

typicaldemon
    Jun 10, 2019 09:32:55 AM

Had some analysis paralysis looking at various builds on poeninja and came across yours, got a couple questions about your build if your able to answer.

- The Rings.
    Can I ask how you made them or if there is a display error showing your maelstrom knuckle having -total cost twice and how the other ring has the -total cost without being crafted?

- Going towards Witch and potency of will vs Ranger and exceptional performance.
    Going towards ranger seems to be the higher damage/resist/evasion path, is the witch's higher mana/energy shield that much more valuable?
    I assume the builds goal is to have so much evasion and energy shield that any ghost shroud lost is a full shield restore, is that not possible if you don't go to the witch path?

Thanks in advance if you answer.

Uberness
    Jun 10, 2019 15:57:13 PM

"
    Uberness wrote:
    Had some analysis paralysis looking at various builds on poeninja and came across yours, got a couple questions about your build if your able to answer.

- The Rings.
    Can I ask how you made them or if there is a display error showing your maelstrom knuckle having -total cost twice and how the other ring has the -total cost without being crafted?

- Going towards Witch and potency of will vs Ranger and exceptional performance.
    Going towards ranger seems to be the higher damage/resist/evasion path, is the witch's higher mana/energy shield that much more valuable?
    I assume the builds goal is to have so much evasion and energy shield that any ghost shroud lost is a full shield restore, is that not possible if you don't go to the witch path?

Thanks in advance if you answer.

There's a temple mod that is 70 mana and -8 to -6 mana cost. That mod is considered a 'Mana' mod, so you can technically double up on it. As for wtich vs ranger, we can generally get enough evasion (and damage) without going too far south, so getting more Energy Shield gives a larger pool and gets more value out of Ghost Shrouds.

typicaldemon
    Jun 10, 2019 18:07:54 PM

Last question is how well do you do at cracking open legions in higher maps, what between 50-100% on a open map you'd say?

Uberness
    Jun 10, 2019 18:21:34 PM
  • Prev
  • Next