Forum Index Shadow (3.8) Toxic Rain | All Content 3m Shaper DPS | Fast Mapping + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

History

Introduction

I'm streaming the build at twitch.tv/GokuTD if you have questions or want to see it in action.

This is another standard Toxic Rain build with my own spin on things. The build is incredibly tanky, decent life pool, and has great damage and clear speed.

This guide should be rather comprehensive, so if I left anything out, just ask in the comments. I also added some example calculations at the bottom if you want to calculate your own DPS.

MANY OF THE QUESTIONS YOU HAVE WILL BE ANSWERED SOMEWHERE WITHIN THIS GUIDE. PLEASE READ IT.

KEY POINTS BEFORE YOU ASK QUESTIONS

Pathfinder is bad. Do not play it.

DISCLAIMER: 3.8 changes to poison interacting with DOT Multi MIGHT make PF poison decent. If there's some sleeper variant then I'll concede. Still, the defenses will be shit and this build does 4m dps so do you really need more?

We do not scale the hit. We do not scale the poison. That means anything that scales hit or poison is bad. That includes your weapon's pDPS, damage with bows, poison damage, poison application, etc. They're useless. We scale the pods and nothing else.

YOUR BOW IS AN OVERWHELMING MAJORITY OF YOUR DAMAGE. INVEST IN IT. Maloney's is NOT MANDATORY. It lets you be lazy. Using a random rare with resists, a Drillneck, or a Soul Strike is fine, if not "better". Manually cast your frenzy COH on the boss, hard cast despair, or use a Witchfire Brew.

Again:
YOU DO NOT NEED A MALONEY'S.

Changes in Patch 3.8

The build remains relatively unchanged, however with the difference in league content, some differences might be warranted.

THE CORE BUILD IS UNCHANGED. USE THE OLD POB FOR THE STANDARD (BUDGET) VARIANT. There are ONLY two differences; First is the loss of alchemist, so you now have 3 points to play around with and less incentive to go up to witch as early. Secondly, with legion content being gone, there's less need for a basalt, so I'd recommend to use a stibnite in its place to make up for the lost evasion.

If you plan on investing a decent amount of currency into the character, I do plan on making some changes.

Oh yeah, they also made it so you can't -max a temple ring. You might want to look at oiling Righteous Decree, getting another +mana gain on hit roll on your jewels, or just investing in fatty -9's instead of -7's. Again, your mana has so many variables in play that you just need to fix your set up for your gameplay. If it feels bad, invest more. If it feels good, stop investing.

Ascendancy, Tree, and League differences

We lost alchemist on the tree. I'm deeply saddened to see the best wheel in the game finally meet its demise; I'll remember it fondly. Because alchemist is gone, I have less reason to go up that high into witch. Coupled with other various small patch notes, there are some changes I believe the build will benefit from.

The Trickster ascendancy got hit with some numerical nerfs again, however its still manageable. However, it's to that point that I can no longer say its the best Ascendancy in the game. (Still the best for TR most likely? There might be some serious poison jank that is actually viable with the new DOT changes)

Legion brought with it an absolute ass-blasting amount of off-screening physical based hits. I made the switch to a basalt and incorporated Flesh and Stone to mitigate some of this. As legion is (mostly) making its way out, Blight seems to be more elemental in what's been showed so far. Dropping the Basalt and Flesh and Stone and returning to Stibnite + Aspect of the Spider or a juicy investment for Grace is likely the play.

I'm also going to be dropping Efficacy from the links and running Swift Afflictions. The damage loss is quite minor at this point, and I'll be focusing more on mapping where its preferably to have the damage in a shorter window. The main reason for the change, however, is that with the loss of double -mana mods on rings, Swift Afflictions results in a mana cost two fewer than Efficacy, and getting my mana cost down is very valuable.

Changes to the build

IF you are planning on spending a bit of currency, I'd recommend dropping Flesh and Stone and adding Grace into the mix up. You'll need to invest in mana reservation to make this work, however, I believe its worthwhile.

The base will be something like this: https://pastebin.com/xFE0BXn9

You'll need to find one additional source of mana reservation, whether that's Conquerer's Potency, Jewel 1% corruptions, Influence 4% node, reduced reserve % on amulet, using an Oil for Sovereign, or a Grace/Discipline/Malevolence reduced reserve enchant on the Helmet (likely the option I'll look for at the beginning). With one of the larger sources (Sovereign or a helmet enchant) a level 3 enlighten should be all that's needed. Play around with your mana until it fits. There's many ways to skin a cat; find one that works for you.

Changes in Patch 3.7

Overall, the build is relatively the same in terms of power, and it still incredibly strong on a budget, and scales well into late game content.

If you're only interested in the new POB: https://pastebin.com/yZqfGMGT
Ascendancy, Tree, and League differences

Trickster was nerfed slightly, losing 18% attack speed, 10% spell dodge, and slightly slower recharge (1s->2s) on ghost shroud charges. In my opinion, these changes are largely insubstantial for what I believe is the best ascendancy in the game.

As Synthesis is not currently going core, we're also losing access to +2 implicit bows. We'll be returning to ye olde +3 VP bow.

The skill tree has also been changed, but only in our favor. We didn't take any of the nodes that received nerfs, and there is now an insane wheel (Hunter's Gambit) inside of Shadow's starting area.

Changes to the build

There isn't a lot to respond to in terms of the Trickster nerfs. I'm currently planning on spam corrupting Atziri's Steps later on, to make up for the lost Spell Dodge. With 16/6 spell dodge on your boots, we'll get back to 74% spell dodge. Without the corrupt, making zero accommodations for the nerfs, we'll still have 68% spell dodge which is comfortable enough.

The loss of Synthesis just means we're going back to +3 VP, if anything changes on this front in regards to new league mechanics or item, I'll update this.

I moved some points around to pick up Hunter's Gambit. The tree is level 100 just because that's what my Trickster is. You can look at the trees below for lower level trees, or just drop life/damage or the reservation nodes as you feel fit.

Videos
T16 Mapping/Guardians

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUj0eSfes90

Shaper

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcD23cbP4NE
Uber Elder

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oSKRkt2tDg

Budget/SSF Uber Elder and Gear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpTVkMemFfo

Build Breakdown

Pros/Cons

Pros
Can run every map mod
Survivable with 7k+ EHP, 45k Ev, 50/75 Spell Dodge
Great Damage
Entry gear is very cheap

Cons
DOT build, so a slight ramp up for max DPS

Build Mechanics

Toxic Rain: Toxic Rain shoots out a base 5 arrows (pods). Pods can stack, so area of effect is somewhat important. Attack speed is massively important in terms of DPS and enjoyment.

Recovery:
With flasks up, we sit at a comfortable 45k Evasion to cap our QOTF, and 50/75 dodge/spell dodge. This means we rarely get hit, and when we do, we proc Ghost Shroud.

POB

My current character in the Legion league:
https://pastebin.com/weaVK0xb

I'd recommend reading the guide as it will explain a lot of the choices made, and ways to modify the gear if certain price restrictions are required. There's also some items that will be very difficult to get, but have very reasonable substitutes.

Trees

~30 points

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAAEcAEQYAACCw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBbkCbWzndOjW1lScArEwJT8FtY2_UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqpAAAAAAA=

~50 points

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAAGsAEQYAADKw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBbkCbWzndOjW1lScArEwJT8FtY2_UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqp1CMwcd2oS3g6QjB8jX0j9k2SIuoyAbIZz3rDOong5liTH0kTAAAAAAA=

~70 points

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAAJEAEQYAAEWw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBbkCbWzndOjW1lScArEwJT8FtY2_UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqp1CMwcd2oS3g6QjB8jX0j9k2SIuoyAbIZz3rDOong5liTH0kTmFMfQV3yDki3MBQJE20miBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxUAAAAAAA==

~90 points

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAALMAEQYAAFaw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBbkCbWzndOjW1lScArEwJT8FtY2_UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqp1CMwcd2oS3g6QjB8jX0j9k2SIuoyAbIZz3rDOong5liTH0kTmFMfQV3yDki3MBQJE20miBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxV_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-isrTtAzqug18V8ko-oLHHb4zhwPuAAAAAAA=

Full Tree

https://poeplanner.com/ABEAAPcAEQYAAHiw2KLZyBT1b2qMFr8mlWHiVUuMNrTRyAx2grVIBuekBbkCbWzndOjW1lScArEwJT8FtY2_UUeVBQiJmvFdaMqp1CMwcd2oS3g6QjB8jX0j9k2SIuoyAbIZz3rDOong5liTH0kTmFMfQV3yDki3MBQJE20miBGWBx6VLvDVSVGP-lxAh8unm3WezxV_xpMn74j5N9fPSbG-isrTtAzqug18V8ko-oLHHb4zhwPubAsi9G0ZEVCnKwj0akOX9JeVTLNFfg5cavrQH-_rBAeD21XGGYr7CfbaGo-btYTFN9TtP9saEHu-OjY9napsjGKsoS8AAAAAAA==

Leveling

Leveling

I personally leveled using this build. It levels extremely fast, but I won't go into too much detail here. Kammell has a great leveling speed run you can find on his twitch at twitch.tv/Kammell_.

If you just want a quick and dirty, find as many green links as you can. Before level 12, use Caustic Arrow and Mirage Archer then Void Manipulations if you get a 3L. After 12, u se Toxic Rain > Mirage Archer > Void Manipulation > Vicious Projectiles/Faster Attacks. Go down to Master Fletcher first for attack speed and then fill out the rest of the tree as you feel necessary.

Ascendancy, Bandits, Pantheon

We play Trickster. I personally rushed Patient Reaper into Prolonged Pain for my labs while I was leveling, as it was league start and I wanted some extra damage. My friends leveled with Ghost Shroud/Escape Artist for extra speed since damage wasn't an issue with some leveling gear.

For bandits, we take the two skill points by killing all of them.

Pantheon is up to you. I personally use Soul of Arakaali and Soul of Ralakesh for the DoT mitigation. The Vaal Legions apply a large physical DoT that can be difficult to manage. Other good pantheons are Soul of the Brine King and Soul of Aberrath. Use whatever you feel is most beneficial, there's nothing mandatory to take here.

Gems and Mana Reservation

Gems

Main Links
Honour Thirst
Thicket Bow
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 20 Vicious Projectiles
  • 130% increased Physical Damage
  • Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Support Gems
  • 13% increased Attack Speed
  • 22% increased Attack Speed while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby

• This build is always in Full Life and its a great damage link.

I still somehow get questions about what to use in a 6L bow without VP and a 5L bow. If you're using a 6L bow without VP, you probably can't afford a level 4 Empower.

Here's a short priority:
    Toxic Rain
    Mirage Archer
    Damage on Full Life - If you aren't at the stage where you're always full life, drop this
    Void Manipulation
    Vicious Projectiles
    Swift Afflictions/Efficacy
    Empower Level 4

Auras
    The Vertex
    Vaal Mask
  • Socketed Gems have 50% reduced Mana Cost
  • 280% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
  • +38 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +27% to Chaos Resistance
  • Enemies Cannot Leech Mana From you
  • "A queen should be seen, admired, but never touched."

- Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

Grab Charisma until you can afford to run a level four Enlighten in your aura setup.

Wither Totem
    Chimeric Clutches
    Sorcerer Gloves
  • +16% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
  • 10% increased Attack Speed
  • +33 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 111% increased Energy Shield
  • +28 to maximum Life

• We already have quite a bit of duration, so faster casting helps us build quicker.

IC + Blink Arrow
    Queen of the Forest
    Destiny Leather
  • 236% increased Evasion Rating
  • +67 to maximum Life
  • +7% to Fire Resistance
  • +28% to Cold Resistance
  • +24% to Lightning Resistance
  • 25% reduced Movement Speed
  • 1% increased Movement Speed per 600 Evasion Rating, up to 75%
  • -45 Physical Damage taken from Hits by Animals
  • Shedding away her regal past,

she forged a new destiny.

Sacrificing the ephemeral joys of man,

she embraced the eternal grasp of nature.

Seizing her one true wish,

she found peace at last.

I've been trying out CWDT Steelskin, and I think I like it so far. Play around with it and see how it feels. We also put Frenzy and Blink Arrow here linked with Faster Attacks and Cull.

Despair
    Maloney's Mechanism
    Ornate Quiver
  • Has 1 Socket
  • Has 2 Sockets
  • Trigger a Socketed Bow Skill when you Attack with a Bow
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • +66 to maximum Life
  • 5% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks
  • Midnight tinkering begets midday murdering;

a sinister shaft surreptitiously shot slays a scoundrel.

I will see them again, but not until my work is done.

We use Despair COH Frenzy in this quiver to automate frenzies and boss depsair. You can also run the same links in your boots along with Dash if you can't afford a Maloney's.

Gear, Flasks, and Jewels

Gear

Gear Priority

The most important thing is that your mana feels good. If your mana doesn't feel good: invest. Get Vaal Clarity, get a -Mana roll, look at Clarity Watcher's Eyes. Your mana should feel good in most maps. No regen will feel a big awkward, let your mirage archer carry you.

As a rule of thumb, you should invest at least 50% of your overall budget into your bow. Your bow IS your damage.

You want to pick up Atziri's Steps as early as possible, then look at getting a Vertex, and then a Queen of the Forest. They're all relatively cheap, and you can get them in whatever order you really want to; just make sure they're some of your earliest purchases.

While you're working up to these purchases, make sure you invest in your mana as you see fit, and keep your resists capped while keeping HP/ES at a level that feels comfortable for you.

Once you have the beginning pieces in place, look to upgrade pieces with higher ES, Life, and Resists, so you can fit extra damage rolls or more -Mana rolls on your gear. It's a gradual process, keep improving your gear.

Weapons

Honour Thirst
    Thicket Bow
  • 133% increased Physical Damage

• Start out with a 5 link 1.5 base with +2 to socketed bow gems and a local attack speed craft. There's a couple incremental bows you can go to, but I went from the 5L +2 to this VP bow.

DETAILED FURTHER DOWN FOR MORE BOW CRAFTING INFORMATION.

Quiver

Maloney's Mechanism
    Ornate Quiver
  • Has 1 Socket
  • Has 2 Sockets
  • Trigger a Socketed Bow Skill when you Attack with a Bow
  • +66 to maximum Life
  • 5% chance to Blind Enemies on Hit with Attacks
  • Midnight tinkering begets midday murdering;

a sinister shaft surreptitiously shot slays a scoundrel.

I will see them again, but not until my work is done.

Entropy Shot
    Spike-Point Arrow Quiver
  • 20% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • Adds 1 to 28 Lightning Damage to Attacks
  • +91 to maximum Life
  • +33% to Fire Resistance
  • +36% to Lightning Resistance

• As stated at the top of the guide: YOU DO NOT NEED TO USE A MALONEY'S. It facilitates your ability to be lazy, it does not 'make' the build. I used a rare quiver like this one until I purchased Maloney's. It made gearing easier with the extra resists. You can also use a Drillneck or a Soul Strike if you want to.

Helm

The Vertex
    Vaal Mask
  • Socketed Gems have 50% reduced Mana Cost
  • 280% increased Evasion and Energy Shield
  • +38 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +27% to Chaos Resistance
  • Enemies Cannot Leech Mana From you
  • "A queen should be seen, admired, but never touched."

You can use Eber's Unification if you want more damage, but I think Vertex is the best helmet here.

For lab enchants, +1 pod or +40% damage are both good. +1 pod was the only one available at the time, so I went with that.

Chest

Queen of the Forest
    Destiny Leather
  • 239% increased Evasion Rating
  • +63 to maximum Life
  • +10% to Fire Resistance
  • +29% to Cold Resistance
  • +13% to Lightning Resistance
  • 25% reduced Movement Speed
  • 1% increased Movement Speed per 600 Evasion Rating, up to 75%
  • -43 Physical Damage taken from Hits by Animals
  • Shedding away her regal past,

she forged a new destiny.

Sacrificing the ephemeral joys of man,

she embraced the eternal grasp of nature.

Seizing her one true wish,

she found peace at last.

Just your average QOTF. Not sure what else you'd use here, as this was one of the key items I wanted to use in this build. If you don't care about QOTF/MS, using a well rolled EV/ES rare is better. You can also use a Perfect Form and drop Acro/Phase Acro for a more defensively built character.

Gloves

Chimeric Clutches
    Sorcerer Gloves
  • +16% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
  • +33 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 111% increased Energy Shield
  • +28 to maximum Life

• I use damage and ES gloves, but just find a rare that has life and fills out your resists until you start investing more currency into the build.

Boots

Atziri's Step
    Slink Boots
  • 180% increased Evasion Rating
  • +70 to maximum Life
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • 16% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
  • "Those who dance are considered insane

by those who cannot hear the music."

Atiziri's Step is how we get to 75 Spell Dodge. They also come with 30 movement speed, solid life, and good evasion. Perfect boots for the build.

Rings *IMPORTANT*

Maelström Knuckle
    Sapphire Ring
  • +29% to Cold Resistance
  • +34 to maximum Life
  • +77 to maximum Mana
  • +41% to Fire Resistance
  • +24% to Chaos Resistance
  • -8 to Total Mana Cost of Skills
  • -7 to Total Mana Cost of Skills
  • Corpse Whorl
    Two-Stone Ring
  • +16% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • +39 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +67 to maximum Life
  • +35% to Fire Resistance
  • +45% to Cold Resistance
  • +41% to Lightning Resistance
  • -9 to Total Mana Cost of Skills

• YOU WILL WANT AN ELREON MOD You WILL want an elreon mod on both of your rings of -6 or -7. We get very close to full reserve, and we attack very quickly.

You can also find a ring with the temple mod "Xopec's" on it, which is considered a mana mod although it gives - total cost of skills. You can double up on the -mana mod if you craft on it.

Belt

Headhunter
    Leather Belt
  • +40 to maximum Life
  • +54 to Strength
  • +54 to Dexterity
  • +51 to maximum Life
  • 26% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

The head is where the Man is."

- Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

I use a headhunter just because I have one. I was using a rare belt with 50 strength that filled my resists before this for 95 levels.

Amulet

Horror Noose
    Agate Amulet
  • +24 to Strength and Intelligence
  • +40 to Strength
  • Adds 8 to 15 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • +42 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +35% to Fire Resistance
  • +39% to Lightning Resistance
  • -9 to Total Mana Cost of Skills

• If you're using Steelskin, you're going to need to find a lot of strength here. If you cannot find adequate strength to run a high (20 or 21) Steelskin, you should drop it completely and instead run a low level CWDT-IC set up instead.

Flasks

Dying Sun
    Ruby Flask
  • 3% increased Charges used
  • Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles during Flask Effect
  • 25% increased Area of Effect during Flask Effect
  • All things must die.

Whether you burn out or explode is up to you.

Chemist's Basalt Flask of Heat
    -
  • 23% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Experimenter's Quartz Flask of Warding
    -
  • Immune to Curses during Flask effect Removes Curses on use
  • 31% increased Duration
  • Alchemist's Jade Flask of Reflexes
    -
  • 96% increased Evasion Rating during Flask effect
  • 25% increased effect
  • 33% reduced Duration
  • Alchemist's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
  • 30% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • 25% increased effect
  • 33% reduced Duration

• Pretty standard flasks. I used a Witchfire Brew before I grabbed a Dying Sun.

I used to use a Stibnite flask for the extra evasion, but with the addition of Flesh and Stone, coupled with the massive physical damage from Vaal Legions, the % physical mitigation from a basalt is extremely helpful.

Jewels

DAMAGE WITH BOWS AND DAMAGE WITH TWO-HANDED WEAPONS DO NOT AFFECT THE DOT DAMAGE OF TOXIC RAIN. We do not hit WITH the weapon, so these mods don't apply.

Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
  • 6% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 4% increased maximum Life
  • 5% increased maximum Mana
  • -10 to Total Mana Cost of Skills while affected by Clarity
  • Unaffected by Bleeding while affected by Malevolence
  • One by one, they stood their ground against a creature

they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,

and one by one, they became a part of it.

Ghoul Vessel
    Viridian Jewel
  • 9% increased Damage
  • 11% increased Damage over Time
  • 11% increased Chaos Damage
  • 8% increased Attack Speed with Bows
  • Loath Wing
    Viridian Jewel
  • 10% increased Chaos Damage
  • 5% increased Attack Speed
  • 7% increased Attack Speed with Bows
  • 11% increased Area Damage
  • Viper Splinter
    Viridian Jewel
  • 9% increased Damage
  • 14% increased Damage with Bows
  • 8% increased Attack Speed with Bows
  • +2 Mana gained for each Enemy hit by your Attacks
  • Morbid Portent
    Searching Eye Jewel
  • +35 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +29 to maximum Life
  • +11% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • 8% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill

• Minus Maximum Mana clarity mod is really strong here. You can get malevolence mods as well, just look for a solid Watcher's eye that you can afford. On rare Jewels look for stuff with life and attack speed.

Before I got Bleed Immunity on my Watcher's Eye, I used a random jewel with the corruption "Corrupted Blood cannot be inflicted on you". You will still get affected by normal bleeds, but those are far less common. If you're playing this build on hardcore, I recommend you still use a staunching flask until you can get a bleed immune Watcher's Eye.

You will also want to get an abyss jewel with onslaught.

How to calculate actual DPS instead of being a Tooltip Warrior

I want to start by saying these are estimations, as we don't currently have hard numbers from GGG about the skill's multiple AoEs. I have done testing in PVP to confirm averages, however there's always a chance of an insubstantial data set. Anyway, here's how I calculate it.

Attack speed * 1.4 (Mirage Archer) * Skill Effect Duration * 3.5 (Average Pods per cast) * Dot DPS.

The big Variable here is Average Pods that are affecting the boss per cast of Toxic Rain. In Testing, with 45% Inc AOE I was hitting about 3.75~ but I think 3.5 is a safer estimate. Using the Increased AOE Support was giving me about 20% more active pods affecting the target, where as Conc Effect was giving around 20% less. That makes Conc Effect about a 1.28 multiplier, and a tooltip warrior trap. It also comes with a massive Mana Multiplier, which makes it even less desirable.

Additional Arrows had seemingly no impact on my number of Active Pods.
    Example Calculations

The current POB for 3.7 has some optimization to go through, but here are the current numbers.

Attack Speed = 4.14
    Mirage Archer = 1.4
    Dot DPS = 82723
    Skill Effect Duration = 110% (2.1x)
    Active Pods = 3.5

4.14*1.4*2.1*3.5*82723 = 3,524,049 DPS

If you want to include hit damage and poison DPS, here's how

We'll be using Angry Roleplayer's TR POB for this example.

Much of the math here is going to be the same, we're just going to add in the poison per hit, and the hit DPS itself. Here are the numbers for his POB:

Attack Speed = 3.88
    Mirage Archer = 1.4
    Dot DPS = 27537
    Skill Effect Duration = 10% (1.1x)
    Active Pods = 3.5 (The build only has 10% AOE so its probably slightly lower)
    Hit DPS = 39747
    Total Damage per Poison = 66,615

First we take the TR pod DPS:

3.88*1.4*1.1*3.5*27537 = 575,866 DPS

Then we simply add the hit DPS, and the Total Damage per Poison times the number of active pods.

575866 + 39747 + (3.5*66615) = 848,785 DPS

Bow Crafting

There are a ton of different bows you can use based on your price point and how far you intend to go with the build. I'll be listing some common bows you can use, their expected crafting price, and their damage on my current character. Do not expect to get this much damage from fresh level 70 gear just because you have a +2 5L. This information is for relative comparison purposes.

Torment Song
    Thicket Bow
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
  • 20% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • 29% increased Damage with Poison

• +2 5L Starter Bow
    Price: 10c
    Damage: 1,274,618
    How to Craft: Buy a 5L Short Bow, Thicket Bow, or Grove Bow that is itemlevel 64 or higher. If the bow is not white, scour it. Then spam Orbs of Alteration until you get "+2 to level of socketed bow gems". Use an Orb of Augmentation if the bow does not have a suffix yet, then Regal it. If you hit attack speed on either the Augment or the Regal, you can craft Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier. If you did not get attack speed, craft attack speed on the bow for 6 alterations. I'd recommend repeatedly crafting the attack speed until you get 10%.

Silverbough
    Crude Bow
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Bow Gems
  • 98% increased Physical Damage
  • Adds 18 to 57 Physical Damage
  • +10 Mana gained on Kill
  • +30 to Accuracy Rating
  • The lone tree grows thickest.

6L Silverbough
    Price: 60c
    Damage: 1,864,952
    How to Craft: Either buy it, or buy a 6L Silverbanch and then use the prophecy to upgrade it.

Onslaught Siege
    Short Bow
  • 67% increased Physical Damage
  • 11% increased Attack Speed
  • 10% chance to cause Bleeding on Hit
  • +37% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier

• Porcupine Essence Bow
    Price: 1-2 Exalts
    Damage: 2,168,999
    How to Craft: You can either buy the base pre-made, or you can gather 6 'The Porcupine' divination cards and turn them in to Navali. Once you have the 6L bow, use a Shrieking Essence of Dread on it. You can get Shrieking Essence of Dread by vendoring three Screaming Essences of Dread, or by purchasing it off other players. I'd recommend you repeatedly use the Shrieking Essences of Dread until you land Attack Speed as a suffix, with an open prefix to craft Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier.

Blight Bane
    Thicket Bow
  • +37% to Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier
  • 20% increased Attack Speed while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby

• +3 No VP Bow
    Price: 6-7 Exalts
    Damage: 3,036,739
    How to Craft: Buy a 6L Short Bow, Thicket Bow, or Grove Bow that is itemlevel 64 or higher. If the bow is not white, scour it. Then spam Orbs of Alteration until you get "+2 to level of socketed bow gems". DO NOT AUGMENT THE BOW IF IT IS MISSING A SUFFIX. If it already has a suffix, it makes it a bit harder, but proceed anyway. Regal the bow, then use an Orb of Annulment to randomly remove an affix from the item. You may need to use two Annulments if your bow had a suffix on it originally. You want your bow to be yellow rarity with ONLY "+2 to level of socketed bow gems". If you happened to get +1 to socketed gems or attack speed on the bow by random chance, you can keep them. You will then need to craft "Cannot Roll Attack Mods" using the crafting bench for one Exalt. Then purchase a beast called a "Farric Wolf Alpha". Then, visit your Menagerie, and use the beast craft "Add a Prefix, Remove a Random Suffix" on the bow. The only possible option is +1 to Socketed Gems. If you've done everything correctly, you should have a bow with "+1 to level of Socketed Gems" and "+2 to level of Socketed Bow Gems". Then you want to return to your crafting bench, and craft "Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers". All that's left is to finish crafting 11 to 13% Attack Speed (Local), 20 to 22% Attack Speed while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby, and then 36 to 40% Non-Ailment Chaos Damage over Time Multiplier. Your bow is now complete.

Honour Thirst
    Thicket Bow
  • 130% increased Physical Damage

• +3 VP Bow
    Price: Roughly 15 Exalts
    Damage: 3,449,258
    How to Craft: Buy an Elder Short Bow, Thicket Bow, or Grove Bow that is itemlevel 80 or higher. You can try to buy it already 6L, but you will likely have to link the item yourself. If you intend to link it yourself, you should craft 14% or 18% quality on the bow before attempting to link it. Craft the bow after you 6L it. If the bow is not white, scour it. Then spam Orbs of Alteration until you get "Socketed Gems are Supported by level X Vicious Projectiles". (Level 16 is ~3% worse than Level 20; Level 18 is ~1.5% worse than Level 20) DO NOT AUGMENT THE BOW IF IT IS MISSING A SUFFIX. If it already has a suffix, it makes it a bit harder, but proceed anyway. Regal the bow, then use an Orb of Annulment to randomly remove an affix from the item. You may need to use two Annulments if your bow had a suffix on it originally. You want your bow to be yellow rarity with ONLY "Socketed Gems are Supported by level X Vicious Projectiles". If you happened to get +1 to socketed gems or attack speed on the bow by random chance, you can keep them. You will then need to craft "Cannot Roll Attack Mods" using the crafting bench for one Exalt. Then purchase a beast called a "Farric Wolf Alpha". Then, visit your Menagerie, and use the beast craft "Add a Prefix, Remove a Random Suffix" on the bow. The only possible option is +1 to Socketed Gems. If you've done everything correctly, you should have a bow with "+1 to level of Socketed Gems" and "Socketed Gems are Supported by level X Vicious Projectiles". Then you want to return to your crafting bench, and craft "Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers". All that's left is to finish crafting 11 to 13% Attack Speed (Local), 20 to 22% Attack Speed while a Rare or Unique Enemy is Nearby, and then +2 to level of Socketed Support Gems. Your bow is now complete.

typicaldemon
    Mar 20, 2019 07:33:19 AM

Thats a sick bow !

Waiting for your videos :)

Maybe you should make an alternative for another bow and make a video with that :)

Cadshadow
    Mar 20, 2019 10:26:50 AM

Hey, looking nice.

What do you think about this tree: https://pastebin.com/zx83faSE

I left the gear the same as yours, just dropped one jewel, slightly higher dps, without needing aspect of the spider allowing to drop the reduced reserved mana nodes.

edit: forgot to mention, used 11 points less, so you can pick some more inc ER notes to get the same ER as before

edit 2: https://pastebin.com/RXJw1bbL this is with the same amiunt of passives allocated higher ER, higher life, slightly less ES

Drizzt1990
    Mar 20, 2019 11:39:39 AM

@drizzt1990

That was very similar to my original tree, actually. However, I decided that alchemist was simply too powerful to pass up. I think that tree is completely fine, however.

typicaldemon
    Mar 20, 2019 13:21:25 PM

Can I do this build CI or is it going to suck?

ItsMePodolski
    Mar 20, 2019 13:27:39 PM

Could you include a link to the passive tree for those of us at work or otherwise unable to use POB? PoePlanner.com is nice because it prevents you from having to remake the URL constantly, unlike the official site's planner (since it retains the game version your tree is for).

Xyrm
    Mar 20, 2019 15:52:16 PM

"
    ItsMePodolski wrote:
    Can I do this build CI or is it going to suck?

It "works" but you're going to need to move around a lot of points, get a lot more ES on your gear, and probably look at getting 18% mana gained as ES Watcher's eye. I was considering playing this as CI at the start of the league but decided against it, however I do think its viable.

"
    Xyrm wrote:
    Tree

Added to the POB section if you just want a skeleton.

typicaldemon
    Mar 20, 2019 18:50:01 PM

Any chance you can make a level 80 passive tree. not sure if ill hit 98, and would like to see priority passive nodes

Pr0d1gyR
    Mar 21, 2019 22:30:21 PM

Why damage on full life over vicious projectiles?

Pr0d1gyR
    Mar 22, 2019 12:05:18 PM

"
    Why damage on full life over vicious projectiles?

DOFL is a higher damage multiplier, while VP also has 10% less attack speed. You're always on full life with this build so its just a flat out better gem.

typicaldemon
    Mar 23, 2019 10:11:04 AM
  • Next