Forum Index Templar [3.8] Wallach's Hierophant Holy Flame Totems (Early 3.8 Changes)

History

https://youtu.be/S8EC8OqzICo

Got the Uber Elder kill! great guide!

Items I used:

Loath Ward
Lion Pelt
Click to expand
  • +55 to Dexterity
  • +69 to Evasion Rating
  • +112 to maximum Life
  • +29 to Strength
  • Woe Barb
    Slaughter Knife
    Click to expand
  • 30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 100% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • +1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems
  • Gain 8% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
  • Damage Penetrates 7% Elemental Resistances
  • Adds 31 to 69 Fire Damage to Spells

  • Carrion Barrier
    Ezomyte Tower Shield
    Click to expand
  • +40 to maximum Life
  • +21 to Strength
  • 13% increased Armour
  • +7% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +13% to Lightning Resistance
  • 6% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
  • +62 to maximum Life
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Circle of Anguish
    Synthesised Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • 12% increased Armour
  • +27 to Strength
  • Adds 21 to 35 Fire Damage
  • +21% to Fire Resistance
  • Herald of Ash has 33% reduced Mana Reservation
  • Herald of Ash has 87% increased Buff Effect
  • I condemned an innocent man to the pyres, but to admit this mistake is to condemn myself.

    My only choice is to strive harder.

    Storm Gorget
    Amber Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +30 to Strength
  • +38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +47 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 10% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • +14% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +17% to Cold Resistance
  • 18% increased Projectile Speed
  • 15% increased Projectile Damage
  • Rift Suit
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +35 to Strength
  • 32% increased Armour
  • +110 to maximum Life
  • 13% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • Spells have +1.32% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 7% increased maximum Life
  • 8% increased maximum Mana
  • Chimeric Clutches
    Ambush Mitts
    Click to expand
  • +23 to Dexterity
  • +26 to Intelligence
  • Adds 7 to 11 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +62 to maximum Life
  • +52 to maximum Mana
  • 25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
  • +11% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Victory Bind
    Studded Belt
    Click to expand
  • 25% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • +21 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +91 to maximum Life
  • +45% to Cold Resistance
  • +44% to Lightning Resistance
  • +35% to Fire Resistance
  • Doom Dash
    Two-Toned Boots
    Click to expand
  • +12% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • +50 to Dexterity
  • +56 to maximum Life
  • +26% to Fire Resistance
  • +37% to Lightning Resistance
  • 24% increased Movement Speed


  • flasks:
    Surgeon's Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Ample Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +16 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Experimenter's Silver Flask of Dousing
    -
    Click to expand
  • Immunity to Ignite during Flask effect Removes Burning on use
  • 40% increased Duration
  • The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 11% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • +13 to Maximum Charges
  • 28% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • linear092
    Sep 14, 2019 17:35:40 PM

    Saving

    LethalRose
    Sep 15, 2019 05:10:07 AM

    "
    linear092 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/S8EC8OqzICo

    Got the Uber Elder kill! great guide!

    Items I used:

    Woe Barb
    Slaughter Knife
    Click to expand
  • 30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 100% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • +1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems
  • Gain 8% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
  • Damage Penetrates 7% Elemental Resistances
  • Adds 31 to 69 Fire Damage to Spells
  • Carrion Barrier
    Ezomyte Tower Shield
    Click to expand
  • +40 to maximum Life
  • +21 to Strength
  • 13% increased Armour
  • +7% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +13% to Lightning Resistance
  • 6% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
  • +62 to maximum Life

  • Loath Ward
    Lion Pelt
    Click to expand
  • +55 to Dexterity
  • +69 to Evasion Rating
  • +112 to maximum Life
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Rift Suit
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +35 to Strength
  • 32% increased Armour
  • +110 to maximum Life
  • 13% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • Spells have +1.32% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 7% increased maximum Life
  • 8% increased maximum Mana
  • Storm Gorget
    Amber Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +30 to Strength
  • +38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +47 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 10% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • +14% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +17% to Cold Resistance
  • 18% increased Projectile Speed
  • 15% increased Projectile Damage
  • Circle of Anguish
    Synthesised Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • 12% increased Armour
  • +27 to Strength
  • Adds 21 to 35 Fire Damage
  • +21% to Fire Resistance
  • Herald of Ash has 33% reduced Mana Reservation
  • Herald of Ash has 87% increased Buff Effect
  • I condemned an innocent man to the pyres, but to admit this mistake is to condemn myself.

    My only choice is to strive harder.

    Chimeric Clutches
    Ambush Mitts
    Click to expand
  • +23 to Dexterity
  • +26 to Intelligence
  • Adds 7 to 11 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +62 to maximum Life
  • +52 to maximum Mana
  • 25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
  • +11% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Victory Bind
    Studded Belt
    Click to expand
  • 25% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • +21 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +91 to maximum Life
  • +45% to Cold Resistance
  • +44% to Lightning Resistance
  • +35% to Fire Resistance
  • Doom Dash
    Two-Toned Boots
    Click to expand
  • +12% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • +50 to Dexterity
  • +56 to maximum Life
  • +26% to Fire Resistance
  • +37% to Lightning Resistance
  • 24% increased Movement Speed


  • flasks:
    Surgeon's Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Ample Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +16 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Experimenter's Silver Flask of Dousing
    -
    Click to expand
  • Immunity to Ignite during Flask effect Removes Burning on use
  • 40% increased Duration
  • The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 11% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • +13 to Maximum Charges
  • 28% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect


  • Dude, your helmet not been linked and Flame Dash and Portal not having Faster Casting support is giving me an anxiety attack. Dafeq!!!

    Love your chest though, Pog chest indeed. Cheers.

    Theudys
    Sep 16, 2019 18:47:11 PM

    "
    Theudys wrote:
    "
    linear092 wrote:
    https://youtu.be/S8EC8OqzICo

    Got the Uber Elder kill! great guide!

    Items I used:

    Woe Barb
    Slaughter Knife
    Click to expand
  • 30% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 100% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • +1 to Level of all Fire Spell Skill Gems
  • Gain 8% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage
  • Damage Penetrates 7% Elemental Resistances
  • Adds 31 to 69 Fire Damage to Spells
  • Carrion Barrier
    Ezomyte Tower Shield
    Click to expand
  • +40 to maximum Life
  • +21 to Strength
  • 13% increased Armour
  • +7% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +13% to Lightning Resistance
  • 6% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
  • +62 to maximum Life

  • Loath Ward
    Lion Pelt
    Click to expand
  • +55 to Dexterity
  • +69 to Evasion Rating
  • +112 to maximum Life
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Rift Suit
    Astral Plate
    Click to expand
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +35 to Strength
  • 32% increased Armour
  • +110 to maximum Life
  • 13% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • Spells have +1.32% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 7% increased maximum Life
  • 8% increased maximum Mana
  • Storm Gorget
    Amber Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +30 to Strength
  • +38% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +47 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 10% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • +14% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +17% to Cold Resistance
  • 18% increased Projectile Speed
  • 15% increased Projectile Damage
  • Circle of Anguish
    Synthesised Ruby Ring
    Click to expand
  • 12% increased Armour
  • +27 to Strength
  • Adds 21 to 35 Fire Damage
  • +21% to Fire Resistance
  • Herald of Ash has 33% reduced Mana Reservation
  • Herald of Ash has 87% increased Buff Effect
  • I condemned an innocent man to the pyres, but to admit this mistake is to condemn myself.

    My only choice is to strive harder.

    Chimeric Clutches
    Ambush Mitts
    Click to expand
  • +23 to Dexterity
  • +26 to Intelligence
  • Adds 7 to 11 Fire Damage to Attacks
  • +62 to maximum Life
  • +52 to maximum Mana
  • 25% of Physical Damage Converted to Fire Damage
  • +11% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Victory Bind
    Studded Belt
    Click to expand
  • 25% increased Stun Duration on Enemies
  • +21 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +91 to maximum Life
  • +45% to Cold Resistance
  • +44% to Lightning Resistance
  • +35% to Fire Resistance
  • Doom Dash
    Two-Toned Boots
    Click to expand
  • +12% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • +50 to Dexterity
  • +56 to maximum Life
  • +26% to Fire Resistance
  • +37% to Lightning Resistance
  • 24% increased Movement Speed


  • flasks:
    Surgeon's Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 20% chance to gain a Flask Charge when you deal a Critical Strike
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • Ample Diamond Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +16 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Experimenter's Silver Flask of Dousing
    -
    Click to expand
  • Immunity to Ignite during Flask effect Removes Burning on use
  • 40% increased Duration
  • The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 11% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Ample Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • +13 to Maximum Charges
  • 28% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect


  • Dude, your helmet not been linked and Flame Dash and Portal not having Faster Casting support is giving me an anxiety attack. Dafeq!!!

    Love your chest though, Pog chest indeed. Cheers.


    Thank you! Yeah, I forgot to link the helm lol i think i did the vorici method for the 3B then just proceeded to go on with out linking! and projectile weakness should be on the gloves not the helm, same for precision! sry bout that will fix it!

    linear092
    Sep 19, 2019 10:55:39 AM

    I don't quite understand physical to fire conversion; no matter how I played around with it in POB, I couldn't gain a single digit of dps, only when I specifically added +X physical dmg to spells. So how does this work exactly? Should I get it to 100%? I assume with Avatar of Fire we start with 50% to begin with.

    Volband
    Sep 19, 2019 15:10:37 PM

    The PoB already has 100% (50% from Avatar of Fire, 50% from the skill itself) conversion, so adding more naturally won't do anything. Removing 50% will lessen your DPS by around 15%.

    XenoPOE
    Sep 19, 2019 20:12:42 PM

    "
    XenoPOE wrote:
    The PoB already has 100% (50% from Avatar of Fire, 50% from the skill itself) conversion, so adding more naturally won't do anything. Removing 50% will lessen your DPS by around 15%.

    So then why is physical to fire conversion still desireable on our items?

    Volband
    Sep 19, 2019 20:23:42 PM

    "
    Volband wrote:

    So then why is physical to fire conversion still desireable on our items?
    You sure you didn't see "physical as extra fire" as opposed to "physical converted to fire"?

    Stuff like "Divine Fury" talent give both, the converted part is not used but the other parts of the talent are still a damage increase.

    Viktranka
    Sep 19, 2019 21:01:54 PM

    "Once you have more than 20% Physical as Extra Fire Damage on your gear (i.e. affixes on both your weapon and your amulet), you will find that Added Fire Damage value falls to where Combustion is the better support gem. You can see this for yourself in the example Path of Building link; until you have such gear, though, stick with Added Fire Damage support."

    From the guide, and I see phys to fire conversion on some people's gear here.

    Volband
    Sep 20, 2019 08:13:32 AM

    Nice build. The damage that can be done with this build is incredible.
    This is my equipment at the time of killing the uber elder.

    Plague Knell
    Void Sceptre
    Click to expand
  • 40% increased Elemental Damage
  • +31% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Gain 16% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
  • Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers
  • 65% increased Spell Damage
  • Adds 39 to 67 Fire Damage to Spells
  • 55% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
  • Rune Glance
    Callous Mask
    Click to expand
  • +3 to Evasion Rating
  • +4 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +63 to maximum Life
  • +17% to Cold Resistance
  • 23% increased Stun and Block Recovery
  • +18% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • Torment Bastion
    Alder Spiked Shield
    Click to expand
  • 2% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
  • +102 to maximum Life
  • 54% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • +43% to Fire Resistance
  • +1 to maximum number of Summoned Totems
  • +53 to maximum Mana
  • Cataclysm Sanctuary
    Devout Chainmail
    Click to expand
  • +65 to maximum Life
  • +41% to Cold Resistance
  • Recover 4% of Energy Shield on Kill
  • Spells have +1.27% to Critical Strike Chance
  • 38% increased Armour and Energy Shield
  • +27 to maximum Life
  • Wrath Caress
    Fingerless Silk Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 16% increased Spell Damage
  • +46 to Dexterity
  • +77 to maximum Life
  • +31% to Lightning Resistance
  • +20% to Fire and Cold Resistances
  • Ghoul Girdle
    Stygian Vise
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • 30% increased Fire Damage
  • +89 to maximum Life
  • +36% to Fire Resistance
  • 26% increased Life Recovery from Flasks
  • +20% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • Rapture Trail
    Samite Slippers
    Click to expand
  • +9 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +79 to maximum Life
  • +20% to Cold Resistance
  • +31% to Lightning Resistance
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • +32% to Fire Resistance
  • Rune Heart
    Lapis Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +28 to Intelligence
  • Adds 10 to 18 Cold Damage to Attacks
  • 13% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 13% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • +12% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Gain 12% of Physical Damage as Extra Fire Damage
  • 16% increased Fire Damage
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Bubbling Divine Life Flask of Staunching
    -
    Click to expand
  • 50% reduced Amount Recovered
  • 135% increased Recovery rate
  • 50% of Recovery applied Instantly
  • Immunity to Bleeding during Flask effect Removes Bleeding on use
  • The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 14% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Ample Quicksilver Flask of Heat
    -
    Click to expand
  • +10 to Maximum Charges
  • Immunity to Freeze and Chill during Flask effect Removes Freeze and Chill on use
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Grounding
    -
    Click to expand
  • 24% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Shock during Flask effect Removes Shock on use
  • Lavianga's Spirit
    Sanctified Mana Flask
    Click to expand
  • 50% increased Amount Recovered
  • 100% increased Recovery rate
  • Your Skills have no Mana Cost during Flask effect
  • "When the Ancestors fill your cup,

    It is only good manners to drink your fill."

    - Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom


    Kownedge
    Sep 20, 2019 10:59:59 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 27
  • 28
  • 29
  • 30
  • 31
  • 32
  • Next