Forum Index Scion [3.8] DoomHerald | All Content | Millions+ DPS MirageArcher | 7k+ Life | 600+ Delves | 5-Link only

History

"
Xenithos wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:


Fixed the one pob link. Thank you!

Depending on your gear and where you are at dps wise you might value that differently. Again - this is subjective on where you are gear-wise. Same goes for the Acuity nodes btw. I always encourage people to path their own tree - with the way Accuracy works the best pathing might be different depending on gear - and I to be quite honest I will not spend hours updating this buildguide with every patch for some minor % gains due to some changes on the passive tree.
Bigger things I take into account or remark on, sure. But please be considerate when you expect me to make minute adjustments to every guide/character I make. I do not really have that much time available. :)

If you lack damage/accuracy go for Master Fletcher, sure. Or try the Lionseye jewel and go for the claw nodes etc. There are multiple ways for bow builds to path on the tree. I choose this one since it gives a lot life and survivability - especially for a bow build - and damage after a certain point (after 1Mio+ in my experience) doesn't really add a lot. :)

I am so sorry if my comment seemed I found your guide lacking or was expecting more from you, I was trying to understand the utility side of things as that was something your guide and most of the best ones make clear, and I somehow didn't realize those nodes allowed endurance charge generation. DPS is only a number at a certain point while things like generating endurance charges is far better. I was simply getting confused with the differing trees, and the fact that at one point in the guide you say to take infused channeling over crit, and in another part we use damage on full life, which I'm not sure on myself since we have only 5 links and 3 of them are taken. Have your personal preferences as of 3.8 gem-wise changed?

I have a busy life too and am enjoying your build very much (it's nice to just vaal orb and go), and found it very honest without number inflation. It did take a fair bit of attack speed and levels for scourge arrow to feel smooth for me, but it's seriously grown on me now. Thanks for the guide!

Ps: I'm an idiot and sold a lioneye's fall on day 1 for 20c so I could get my bow early, rofl. REGRETS.


Sure, no worries.

Just check your own pob and decide what you wanna run. Elemental Focus disables Ailments. I have no clue if you want to run that or not. For me it depends on what content I am doing. Freezing and shattering mobs is really useful in delves where there are a lot of 'on death/corpse' effects.

If you just run normal maps and bosses and stuff propably use something like this?



This is all mentioned in the guide btw - why there are support gems etc.

I would really encourage you to read what the supports are doing if you are unsure or what their drawbacks are. I could just tell you to run something but that would be an uninformed decision. All the gems work and work well though - if you are still unsure chuck in whatever you have the colours for.

Cyrix1337
Sep 14, 2019 12:29:03 PM

Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?

nichenry
Sep 14, 2019 18:21:06 PM

"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?


Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o

Cyrix1337
Sep 14, 2019 19:32:08 PM

"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?


Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o


Yeah I understand that any skill can be used but the channeling nodes you take in the tree seem to only work for SA right? I was curious which you run personally or do you do either depending on what you're running. Also when I was running RoA i felt i was hitting enemies far away so I took point blank off

nichenry
Sep 14, 2019 20:28:29 PM

"
nichenry wrote:
"
Cyrix1337 wrote:
"
nichenry wrote:
Reading the gem section it seems you use ROA but then looking at the passive tree it seems you use SA. which are you running currently?


Reading the guide you will notice that you can play whatever - the build works with each skill. I think the videosection even shows the t16 elder guardians with RoA and the t16 shaper guardians with SA. (or vice versa)

This is a versatile bow build with which you can basically play whatever bow attack skill you want (as long as its an phys based one).

€dit: Scratch that - even the gem section mentions that you can use a bowskill of your choice. What are you even talking about? Ô.o


Yeah I understand that any skill can be used but the channeling nodes you take in the tree seem to only work for SA right? I was curious which you run personally or do you do either depending on what you're running. Also when I was running RoA i felt i was hitting enemies far away so I took point blank off


Yeah, channeling nodes (and infused channeling for that matter) only work for channeling skills.

Cyrix1337
Sep 14, 2019 21:52:47 PM

This build looks interesting so i might try this in 3.8.

Just wandering if anyone had any thoughts on how it performs in blight maps?

Based on Cyrix1337's reply... some nodes will be tailored towards SA (channeling) but ROA or any other physical dmg bow skill can be used.

obonut
Sep 16, 2019 02:50:45 AM

So yeah I'm pretty much done with the league. Even though my PC is good and I am not playing a crash heavy build like COC or Summoner, I lose a lot of maps. It's pissing me off and I don't want to play anymore because of it.

I'd say I have a decent budget version of this build done which can take down shaper and uber elder. I'm using infused channeling so I can get a bit of dps boost from Elementalist ascendancy(10% dmg from shocks). Still I didn't tick enemy is shocked cuz it adds the full 40%.

Here is my POB https://pastebin.com/ascvEeEt . Cost of gear is around 8ex when I bought it. Probably cheaper by now.

NameMerken
Sep 16, 2019 17:33:38 PM

I wonder if dmg is still fine. Abyss jewels phys rolls are basically split in half

Ragernor
Sep 17, 2019 05:01:36 AM

"
Ragernor wrote:
I wonder if dmg is still fine. Abyss jewels phys rolls are basically split in half


Pretty sure the phys roll is the same as always:



As you can see if I would devine this jewel the Fire Damage roll would get lower by quite a bit - the new range of the roll due to nerfs in effect.

The phys roll is still in the same range though.

Cyrix1337
Sep 17, 2019 10:09:01 AM

Well on your pastebin u have some jewels that have 8-12 phys to bow attacks.

Ragernor
Sep 17, 2019 12:54:29 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 44
  • 45
  • 46
  • 47
  • 48
  • 49
  • 58
  • 59
  • Next