« Even as we rise, the shadow of failure continues to haunt us ».
Some of you have asked it for a long time, so brace yourselves, fellow Assassins, this is :
#15 : Uber Elder deathless
Video submitted for the official 2019 competition.
Hope you enjoy :)
|Jul 14, 2019 12:12:08 PM|
"wrote:"wrote:So I had about 9ex to work with and bought some stuff to get me started. Can you give me your opinion on if its decent to get going?
This is excellent for sure. Congrats for the talisman :)
I'd just change the crafted mod on the ring (inc elem dmg).
i changed the crafting to physical damage. i got lucky with that talisman.. only 20c
|Jul 14, 2019 15:31:39 PM|
"wrote:i changed the crafting to physical damage. i got lucky with that talisman.. only 20c
Nice, you should level easily ;)
A detailed guide for the Uber Elder fight :
"Even as we rise, the shadows of failure continues to haunt us"
* Setup used in my first deathless fight : https://pastebin.com/WEzuU7dW
* Video deathless
* This fight is really hard for any melee build. You will have to learn it the hard way. I have failed maybe 10 times before my first victory. I am still not sure to win next time and when I do, it's often on the last portal.
* Stats and stuff :
- 6000k life, bare minimum
- Raise your max cold res above 75% with Loreweave or with skill tree : Soul of Steel and Bloodless.
- Fortify in the BF setup.
- It's hard to stun the bosses and curses are 66% less effective against them. So instead of Ryslatha belt and Poacher ring, we can use :
Cyclopean Coil for freeze immunity + more life.
Winterweave ring to make you actually faster when chilled.
More straightforward option : use the Kaom's Roots.
Pantheon : Brine King to avoid stun-locks.
* You must do two things at the same time : attacking one boss while keeping an eye on the other, and on the squids... When you attack, consider you have less than 2 sec before being hit by an icy projectile.
* In this fight, what has saved my life more often that not is counter-intuitive : slow down. For instance, do not use Whirling Blades too much. Most of the time, just walk to dodge : that is why I prefer my 30% movespeed boots to the Kaom's Roots. When Elder is siphoning and slows you down, do not panick : just walk. Use WB only for emergency, not all the time, otherwise you won't control your char and get killed by any projectile.
We can reach very high DPS, so don't hurry. You can kill them fast. But so do they. Take your time to explode the cold balls on the edge of maps. Same for big squids. Otherwise, the ground with be splattered with cold and phys DoT, which makes the end of the fight impossible.
* Getting stuck in a corner of the map is guaranteed death within seconds. You must remain in control of your freedom of movement. That is why you need to stay around the center most of the time, and so you need to keep the map clean.
* Try to move in circles in the upper side of the map. During portal phases, use your multiple totems and dodge meanwhile.
* Now, clench your teeth and blast those bastards. I am myself a decent player but certainly not a virtuoso like Mathil. But I am stubborn. That is the way of Wraeclast, I guess :
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome, always.
|Jul 15, 2019 12:24:56 PM|
First of all, I'd like to say that I'm reading your writing too well.
Playing the game, I have three questions
① When I saw your POB,
Cast When Damage Taken(CWDT) linked Immortal call is ketp at high level (about 16 level)
In general, CWDT (level 1) - Immortal call (level 3) ← Most people use this build
Can I know the reason your intention?
② when I saw your POB (When your level 94 was)
it's not like your writing, you're not using Cold Snap - Culling Strike
But you're using Vaal Double Strike and Precison and Maim
Should I follow your changed build?
I'd appreciate it if you could explain the difference. (between using Cold Snap and not using Cold Snap )
Thank you for reading :)
|Jul 15, 2019 17:25:07 PM|
You are right, I have changed my build multiple times, and the PoB are not always consistent with my advice. You've read me carefully indeed ;)
* I think the best defensive setup is low level CwDT+Cold Snap. (High level CwDT+IC was ok up to 3.6, when Immortal Call made you immune to phys dmg.)
* I've used Vaal Double Strike in the past because it's fine for farming, but now, I think it's better to use multiple totems + Protector + Warchief (+support)
I'll try to correct the PoB links to always include this configuration.
Ty for your interest :)
|Jul 15, 2019 18:29:06 PM|
Hey, been following this build since the start of legion and I'm really enjoying how it plays. However I'm struggling to get through the late game though with T14+ maps, do you think you could look at my character and see where I could improve?
|Jul 16, 2019 05:11:02 AM|
"wrote:Hey, been following this build since the start of legion and I'm really enjoying how it plays. However I'm struggling to get through the late game though with T14+ maps, do you think you could look at my character and see where I could improve?
I think you need more life. 4.8k is not enough for endgame.
* Get at least +70 life on the rings and amulet. That would raise your life to 5.1k
* Also, get 6-7% inc max life on the jewels.
* On the tree, you can remove the +30 Int node (Thief's Craft). I need it for my dagger but you don't. Instead, you can take the node above Heart of the Warrior for +5% max life.
It should not be hard to get 5.5k life, and you'll feel much better.
|Jul 16, 2019 12:56:25 PM|
Brutal Restraint Jewel
« Just like the Maraketh from the plains, wandering and killing... »
In league, I've bought a Maraketh Brutal Restraint timeless jewel from the dekhara of Asenath -yeah, the name is so epic, it just rolls off the tongue !
The jewel adds +2 dex on each small attributes nodes in its radius, +4 on the other small ones, which is good for us since we stack DEX. Also, the jewel adds a mod on each notable, which depends of the number indicated on any particular jewel. So, when you buy one, it is impossible to predict which mods it will add.
Put it just east from Shadow, where we have lot of nodes and look at all the bonuses you can get !
(this is actually the tree for my Power Siphon Assassin).
The jewel I've bought is of Asenath.
They believed themselves the most ordered, but that tradition turned their forests to salt.
In the history of Wraeclast, I have not found who Asenath was, but he sure was a badass (or she?).
Because when there is a Keystone in radius, his jewel will alter it to Death with Dance (DwD).
As you may have noticed *cough*, our build is quite of the glass cannon type. Well, this Keystone can make it even more "glass" and much more "cannon" !
DwD gives us :
- Your crit chance is lucky.
- Your crit dmg is lucky.
- Enemies dmg is lucky.
- Can't use helmet.
> Lucky means you get two rolls and keep the best. So we are going to crit all the time, and crit HARD... or die HARD !
Enemies have very low chance of crit, so if they got it lucky, it is not such a big deal. But losing the helmet is an issue for sure. I think that in the mind of GGG, the DPS bonus must be so high that it overly compensates for the loss of an helmet. But it's true we lose DEX, EVA, life and Lab Enchant given by our faithful Starkonja.
You stay home and be a good bear, Starkie.
At the moment, it's impossible to simulate DwD in PoB. You can tick a Diamond Flask for crit chance, but it won't recognize any « crit dmg is lucky ». And when you add the jewel ingame, it does not change the tooltip DPS, nor is it recognized in PoB.
If you want to get DwD, you can set the jewel here, to alter Iron Grip which we don't use :
But this is for experienced players IMO : if you want to dance with death, you must be an expert at dodging everything.
There is a synergy between DwD and the Ryslatha's Coil belt.
Because the higher the ratio between min dmg and max dmg, the more profitable it is to be lucky.
For instance, say minDmg = 2 and maxDmg = 3. Then, it's a ratio of 3/2= 1.5.
So being lucky can give you up to 1.5 more dmg. Not much.
DwD is most profitable with lightning skills, as they have a very huge ratio between mix and max. Like "4 to 300 dmg" = a ratio of 75 !
So if you can get two rolls and keep the best, you've got a higher chance of getting a roll near 300 and keeping it, instead of 4.
The Ryslatha's coil increases our ratio, since it adds 1 to 15-20 phys dmg to attacks and also it gives 30-40% more max and 30-40% less min.
For instance, without the belt, my ratio is 2.3 and it becomes 4.8 with it ! (ingame numbers, as PoB do not recognize this mechanism)
|Jul 16, 2019 17:43:07 PM|
Question on the 40% Blade Flurry damage enchant on the helm. Is the only way to get this to buy the helm that's already enchanted or is there a way to pay some to do it or get the enchant yourself?
|Jul 16, 2019 19:56:12 PM|
"wrote:Question on the 40% Blade Flurry damage enchant on the helm. Is the only way to get this to buy the helm that's already enchanted or is there a way to pay some to do it or get the enchant yourself?
There are more than 200 skills and each one can have several enchants, for more than 1000 possible enchants total, maybe 300 in Uber Lab.
So unless you want to farm Uber Lab dozens ans dozens of times, it's better to buy it directly.
As for paying someone, I don't know. I think there is no official market for this kind of service, like the ones for 6-links or mirror services.
|Jul 17, 2019 01:55:20 AM|