Forum Index Scion [3.6] Updated / Ice Nova CoC & Cospri ! / 2 - 3M SHAPER DPS /Clear Speed / Multiple Versions

History

"
Bignasty30 wrote:
Why Scion over Assassin? Figured Assassin would do better with crit and is cheaper to gear.


Cause Scion is much more versatile and has much more potential than Assassin

You can get the same damage output as Assassin while having a decent survivability.

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 18:22:29 PM

"
Isaac1337 wrote:
Hey :)

looks like a pretty fun and strong build.

would this work with GC and Ice Nova too?


No, they don't have the same interactions like Frostbolt/Ice Nova (explained in the post)

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 18:23:54 PM

Why not use Ice Spear, have more Critical and damage than Frost Bolt, or not?

mugwara
Dec 11, 2018 18:50:40 PM

at 3.5 we have new craft mod for boots - can not be chill, probably we can use rare boots with this mod and cwdt + vortex? or cwdt + any curse

edleHerrscher
Dec 11, 2018 19:40:22 PM

Why not just use the frostbolt threshold jewel instead of GMP to get extra projectiles? Seems like that would be a lot better unless I'm missing something.

MastermindPK
Dec 11, 2018 19:51:20 PM

"
MastermindPK wrote:
Why not just use the frostbolt threshold jewel instead of GMP to get extra projectiles? Seems like that would be a lot better unless I'm missing something.


This was in my consideration already.
"
diabloyd wrote:
Items: I replaced one of the Gifts from above to Dream Fragment, this gives you a lot of mana and immunity to chill/freeze, which is also a useful ability. As a result, you have 4337 life and 1380 unreserved mana, the ehp is 5638 now,

Replaced one of your jewels to Frozen Trail to get 2 more projectiles for the frostbolts (and deleted the GMP in your 6 link).


This is what I replied to another one earlier.

Thing is, if you use Frozen Trail and replace the GMP in the Cospri with another gem, let's say Hypothermia, the total damage boost is only around 5% (the portion of Cospri's damage is roughly 15%, and the other 85% goes to the 6-linked CoC Ice nova).

Meanwhile,you can easily get a rare jewel that can provide more than 5% damage, AND you can get some Life/Mana on the rare jewel too.

So I'd say, using Frozen Trail is a good idea before you can get a decent jewel.

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 21:02:41 PM

"
mugwara wrote:
Why not use Ice Spear, have more Critical and damage than Frost Bolt, or not?


Your main damage dealer is Ice Nova, Frostbolt is more like an "Enhancer" of Ice Nova due to the new mechanics (duplicating Ice Nova damage).

Plus, Ice Spear can be very hard to build CoC due to its incredibly high crit chance, which is totally different from other skills, thus, hard to balance the crit between different skills (for instance, you only have 40% crit chance with BF while the crit chance of Ice Spear is already capped.)

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 21:09:29 PM

How necessary is it to get the ascendancy before starting to coc? Leveling is really bad for some reason and I got no idea if I can keep up with that until I finish cruel lab. Pretty sure I got all items needed otherwise.

ADeadlyDwarf
Dec 11, 2018 21:11:23 PM

"
edleHerrscher wrote:
at 3.5 we have new craft mod for boots - can not be chill, probably we can use rare boots with this mod and cwdt + vortex? or cwdt + any curse


Cannot be chilled can offer very little help for your defense, you'll need some kind of stun immunity. Either from Kaom's root, or just use Cyclone for natural stun immunity.

Warlord's Mark is a must have, no matter what form you use. You can use blasphemy, cwdt or the elder ring's "on hit warlord".

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 21:13:21 PM

"
ADeadlyDwarf wrote:
How necessary is it to get the ascendancy before starting to coc? Leveling is really bad for some reason and I got no idea if I can keep up with that until I finish cruel lab. Pretty sure I got all items needed otherwise.


Have you tried Arc totem/trap? Or Vortex with Vaal Frost Bomb?. These are some spells that are very strong themselves and don't need that much of an investment in the tree.

The Assassin node is very important to start CoC due to its high base crit chance and automatic power charges.

Edit: and I recommend using Doedre's ring to get an additional curse, Assassin's Mark can offer decent crit chance in the early stage, and the other should be Warlord's Mark.

diabloyd
Dec 11, 2018 21:16:19 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 62
  • 63
  • Next