Forum Index Scion [3.6] Updated / Ice Nova CoC & Cospri ! / 2 - 3M SHAPER DPS /Clear Speed / Multiple Versions

History

Hi again Diablo and friends :)

I'm almost at a loss to what to upgrade now - is it possible for anyone knowledgeable to check my gear? I tried to duplicate the "new" atziris acuity gear and tree.

The Problem for me is that UBER ELDER wrecks my sheit all day. So my question is, do i just have to get better at the fight, or did i do a mistake in my gear or playstyle?

Still having tons of fun just I want to clear uber elder too if possible!!

Cheers,
Bob

EDIT: my char is called "jagvedvadduheter"

ldbob
Dec 15, 2018 11:57:45 AM

"
Excuse my stupidity, why don't we put ice nova in chest and in both cospri weapons if it deals the most damage?


Well I thought I did

"
Note:
The gems on Cospri's Malice are incorrect, check below.


and
"
The next will be the 3L Cospri:GMP-Frostbolt-Ice Nova


However, you're right, it might be a bit confusing, I'll fix it.

diabloyd
Dec 15, 2018 12:09:02 PM

"
ldbob wrote:
Hi again Diablo and friends :)

I'm almost at a loss to what to upgrade now - is it possible for anyone knowledgeable to check my gear? I tried to duplicate the "new" atziris acuity gear and tree.

The Problem for me is that UBER ELDER wrecks my sheit all day. So my question is, do i just have to get better at the fight, or did i do a mistake in my gear or playstyle?

Still having tons of fun just I want to clear uber elder too if possible!!

Cheers,
Bob

EDIT: my char is called "jagvedvadduheter"

You really managed to get all those items! jesus lol

Ok then I observed your character and I found some problem.
I think the main problem here is the damage output, Uber Elder gets significantly easier when you have the damage.

First thing is, you should really get your level up with the Ice Nova, I feel you have more than enough currency to spend, so I'd say you'll need to get a level 21 Ice Nova and put it in your chest. If you can afford another, it's ok to put another 21 ice nova in you Cospri.

You don't have arcane surge, Stone Golem is kinda useless if you're fighting Uber Elder, link your Vortex with Bonechill and a level 6 Arcane Surge. Cast it at least every 4 seconds.

The abyssal jewels you have is ok, but ideally you'll need more life on it.
"Add xx physical damage to spell" serves the same purpose as "add xx chaos damage to attacks" , these two are both for applying poison. Choose one of them and it'll do just fine.

You don't have frost bomb. this is a significant damage boost for this build which lowers the cold res by 25%.
Your Cospri setup is wrong, it should be Frostbolt-GMP-Ice Nova. Though it's not your fault because the original post shows an Arctic Breath on it, I did make a note to clarify that "the gems are wrong, and these are the right ones" but it still was quite confusing, so I edited the post, sorry for that.
But in your case, if you want a more reliable damage boost, I'll quote what I said in the original post.
"
Use Frozen Trail(for +2 frostbolt projectiles), and put Frostbolt, Ice Nova and Frost Bomb in Copsri. This way you can apply a much more reliable debuff (-25% cold res) to the enemies!
The only downside is that the damage output can be slightly lower, but since Frost Bomb has its own cd, it shouldn't be a problem!

You can also use 2 of them, and get one abyssal jewel with both added chaos/physical damage and added fire damage to attacks/spells.
Note that added physical damage to attacks does not work due to Cospri's "have no physical damage"".

I've imported you character and I did some changes with PoB for you
check it out here: https://pastebin.com/ZVdawF2M

However in my PoB I still have 25% more damage than yours, and I can't find out why lol

diabloyd
Dec 15, 2018 13:06:56 PM

What do you think about running mark of the shaper with the curse on hit ring?

Rocky0rocky
Dec 15, 2018 14:19:07 PM

It turns out I'm doing something very similar to this in Betrayal but as an Assassin Shadow instead. I haven't done all your very handy calculations for Dps and my gear isn't finalized yet, same goes for some skill choices (not using Arcane Surge atm, same with Frost Bomb, and using Cyclone to trigger as I like it more etc). But in case people ask if it's possible to do as a pure Assassin build, feel free to use my build as a base for an alternative skill tree, if you want that is.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/22Hqyg8u

TheMadkitten
Dec 15, 2018 14:43:57 PM

Thank you A LOT Diabloyd! What a god you are haha i didnt expect this much help but I do really appreciate it. Sadly I stil couldnt complete uber elder for my two tries with this new setup, so I'll go back to farming maps for a bit and I'll try again another day.

Thanks a bunch!
/Bob

EDIT: I actually BOTCHED that attempt, by playing INC aoe instade of CONC effect.

I tried again with Conc effect and lo and behold: this is what happened:


ldbob
Dec 15, 2018 14:56:56 PM

"
ldbob wrote:
Thank you A LOT Diabloyd! What a god you are haha i didnt expect this much help but I do really appreciate it. Sadly I stil couldnt complete uber elder for my two tries with this new setup, so I'll go back to farming maps for a bit and I'll try again another day.

Thanks a bunch!
/Bob

EDIT: I actually BOTCHED that attempt, by playing INC aoe instade of CONC effect.

I tried again with Conc effect and lo and behold: this is what happened:




LOL CONGRATZ DUDE, like, finally xD

Oh that's why you lack so much damage, when I imported your character I simply thought that the Inc Aoe on your chest is just for map clearing lol, so I didn't even mention it ( I did change it in the poB I gave you tho)

Anyway, glad you did it!

diabloyd
Dec 15, 2018 15:39:17 PM

"
Rocky0rocky wrote:
What do you think about running mark of the shaper with the curse on hit ring?


If you don't have any problem with the resistances, this can be a very good choice!

diabloyd
Dec 15, 2018 15:45:11 PM

Hey guys trying to start this build today, someone already did uber elder with this build? video :D ?

Thanks!

Pitopito
Dec 15, 2018 16:10:08 PM

"
TheMadkitten wrote:
It turns out I'm doing something very similar to this in Betrayal but as an Assassin Shadow instead. I haven't done all your very handy calculations for Dps and my gear isn't finalized yet, same goes for some skill choices (not using Arcane Surge atm, same with Frost Bomb, and using Cyclone to trigger as I like it more etc). But in case people ask if it's possible to do as a pure Assassin build, feel free to use my build as a base for an alternative skill tree, if you want that is.

PoB: https://pastebin.com/22Hqyg8u


Thank you for sharing this!

diabloyd
Dec 15, 2018 16:29:09 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 25
  • 62
  • 63
  • Next