Forum Index Ranger [3.7] FreezeFinder - [Ice Shot + Scourge Arrow] - [All Content]

History

Do we use these two skills only on bosses? I can't imagine playing smooth while using BV (which is already a lot of work), throwing trap and than also cold snap??

Can i trigger the bomb somehow or i have to wait to go off? There's a problem with bosses that are not stationary. They move away before the bomb goes off.

If anyone else is having problems with phase run, you MUST put it in least place in CWDT setup or it wont work (from left to right).



memberx
Dec 11, 2018 15:10:13 PM

"
memberx wrote:
Do we use these two skills only on bosses? I can't imagine playing smooth while using BV (which is already a lot of work), throwing trap and than also cold snap??

Can i trigger the bomb somehow or i have to wait to go off? There's a problem with bosses that are not stationary. They move away before the bomb goes off.

If anyone else is having problems with phase run, you MUST put it in least place in CWDT setup or it wont work (from left to right).





No, the faster casting gem is there to suppliment the use of cold snap, its plays very smoothely.
I'm not sure what you mean with phase run as it should be either un-linked or above the trigger level cap so you can control it manually.

I have just updated the build further for 3.5 with the removal of clarity and enlighten and some gem swap arounds.

Ultimately it gives you the option of automating a low level Frost Bomb if you choose to.

If you re-read the Gem / Gearing and reasoning sections it has been added to.

mfeeney87
Dec 11, 2018 15:45:59 PM

"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"
memberx wrote:
Do we use these two skills only on bosses? I can't imagine playing smooth while using BV (which is already a lot of work), throwing trap and than also cold snap??

Can i trigger the bomb somehow or i have to wait to go off? There's a problem with bosses that are not stationary. They move away before the bomb goes off.

If anyone else is having problems with phase run, you MUST put it in least place in CWDT setup or it wont work (from left to right).





No, the faster casting gem is there to suppliment the use of cold snap, its plays very smoothely.
I'm not sure what you mean with phase run as it should be either un-linked or above the trigger level cap so you can control it manually.

I have just updated the build further for 3.5 with the removal of clarity and enlighten and some gem swap arounds.

Ultimately it gives you the option of automating a low level Frost Bomb if you choose to.

If you re-read the Gem / Gearing and reasoning sections it has been added to.



Ohh, i thought phase run is triggered by CWDT, i didn't know we control it manually.

Thank you! You're the best. Have really high hopes for this build. PoB says 1 mio DPS is not so hard to reach. Just need the amulet and The perfect form prices to drop :D


...I REALLY like the fact there is no need to have 4b sockets on evasion base helmet :D

memberx
Dec 11, 2018 16:28:22 PM

"
memberx wrote:
"
mfeeney87 wrote:
"
memberx wrote:
Do we use these two skills only on bosses? I can't imagine playing smooth while using BV (which is already a lot of work), throwing trap and than also cold snap??

Can i trigger the bomb somehow or i have to wait to go off? There's a problem with bosses that are not stationary. They move away before the bomb goes off.

If anyone else is having problems with phase run, you MUST put it in least place in CWDT setup or it wont work (from left to right).





No, the faster casting gem is there to suppliment the use of cold snap, its plays very smoothely.
I'm not sure what you mean with phase run as it should be either un-linked or above the trigger level cap so you can control it manually.

I have just updated the build further for 3.5 with the removal of clarity and enlighten and some gem swap arounds.

Ultimately it gives you the option of automating a low level Frost Bomb if you choose to.

If you re-read the Gem / Gearing and reasoning sections it has been added to.



Ohh, i thought phase run is triggered by CWDT, i didn't know we control it manually.

Thank you! You're the best. Have really high hopes for this build. PoB says 1 mio DPS is not so hard to reach. Just need the amulet and The perfect form prices to drop :D


...I REALLY like the fact there is no need to have 4b sockets on evasion base helmet :D


Yeah Build is feeling closer and closer to complete, hope you enjoy it :). It's my pleasure.

mfeeney87
Dec 11, 2018 19:40:43 PM

Im lvl 89 and I still feel like i cant drop the mana flask, It feels like i stack up my BV way too slowly without a mana potion ticking, is there any way to circumvent this?

shinyzee
Dec 12, 2018 08:00:14 AM

"
shinyzee wrote:
Im lvl 89 and I still feel like i cant drop the mana flask, It feels like i stack up my BV way too slowly without a mana potion ticking, is there any way to circumvent this?


Boots enchant (mana leech) is missing. That could solve your problems.

We really can play around with rings and belt. Get yourself better belt (yours is worth few c) and get some +mana gained on hit or shaper mod - by spells, +mana regen...

memberx
Dec 12, 2018 08:26:04 AM

"
shinyzee wrote:
Im lvl 89 and I still feel like i cant drop the mana flask, It feels like i stack up my BV way too slowly without a mana potion ticking, is there any way to circumvent this?


There are a few things you can do at lower gear levels if struggling. I would reccomend reading the gearing section and reasoning again as it has been updated.

But in your cold snap socket group in the 4th gem, instead of using Hypothermia, use the mana leech gem. This enables you to use Cold snap as a full mana heal, this is what i would do with anyone who is having amna issues until they are solved.

Also the abyss jewel roll of +25% mana regen when moving, 1 of those on a jewel is important for the build.

With that you can stutter step shilst stacking BV stacks, and every time you shield charge it increases your mana regen rate.

Also we scale mana from the tree, and because we are very free with our prefix's on rings you can look for + mana roll, even a total of +100 mana can help a lot.
I would NOT use %mana regen roll's on rings as it is a suffix, and we use suffix's heavily for resist and additional damage, it's too crowded.

mfeeney87
Dec 12, 2018 09:08:12 AM

Leveling the build right now (almost done with the story)

After having kinda a bad time on my occutist , decided to reroll with this build. So far its been really smooth because blade vortex is still busted for leveling ( not as much as Arc tho )

Kraken Chant
Abyssal Sceptre
Click to expand
  • 30% increased Elemental Damage
  • Adds 21 to 45 Fire Damage
  • 17% increased Cold Damage
  • 27% increased Lightning Damage
  • Adds 26 to 50 Cold Damage to Spells
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • Hrimsorrow
    Goathide Gloves
    Click to expand
  • +21 to Strength
  • Adds 7 to 14 Cold Damage to Spells and Attacks
  • +49 to Evasion Rating
  • +21% to Cold Resistance
  • 50% of Physical Damage Converted to Cold Damage
  • Reflects 10 Cold Damage to Melee Attackers
  • Of ancient giants, none remain,

    Their only trace is timeless pain.

    Phoenix Tether
    Stygian Vise
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Abyssal Socket
  • +84 to maximum Life
  • +34% to Cold Resistance
  • +30% to Lightning Resistance
  • +29% to Fire Resistance
  • Tabula Rasa
    Simple Robe
    Click to expand
    Torment Veil
    Lion Pelt
    Click to expand
  • +111 to maximum Life
  • 2% increased maximum Life
  • +24% to Cold Resistance
  • Regenerate 1% of Life per second
  • Nearby Enemies have -9% to Cold Resistance
  • 33% increased Evasion Rating
  • +21 to maximum Life
  • Dusk Star
    Titanium Spirit Shield
    Click to expand
  • +43 to maximum Energy Shield
  • 68% increased Energy Shield
  • +99 to maximum Life
  • Regenerate 5.5 Life per second
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances
  • +28% to Lightning Resistance
  • Atziri's Step
    Slink Boots
    Click to expand
  • 180% increased Evasion Rating
  • +71 to maximum Life
  • 30% increased Movement Speed
  • 16% chance to Dodge Spell Hits
  • "Those who dance are considered insane

    by those who cannot hear the music."

    - Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

    Phoenix Twirl
    Topaz Ring
    Click to expand
  • +28% to Lightning Resistance
  • +79 to maximum Life
  • 27% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • +20% to Cold Resistance
  • 12% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +25% to Fire Resistance
  • Behemoth Band
    Sapphire Ring
    Click to expand
  • +28% to Cold Resistance
  • +12 to Accuracy Rating
  • +45 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +79 to maximum Life
  • +30% to Fire Resistance
  • +22% to Lightning Resistance
  • Behemoth Gorget
    Jade Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +22 to Dexterity
  • 26% increased Global Critical Strike Chance
  • +76 to maximum Life
  • +40 to maximum Mana
  • +1 Mana gained on Kill
  • +15% to Fire and Lightning Resistances


  • I managed to craft the helmet with fossils in two tries. Self-crafted my sceptre. Im still using a rare shield and a tabula for now until I can get my hands on a doryanni, perfect form and the pandemonium.(Have a Xoph's Heart, just waiting for the amulet to rise in price).
    Links and the topaz ring are temporary (to fill res) atm.

    TsunaH
    Dec 12, 2018 09:30:14 AM

    What's the process of crafitng a helmet?

    1. Get Lion Pelt helmet (shaped?)
    2. Get Potent Resonator and Pristine Fossil + Frigid Fossil

    And than just spam it till you get high life roll, - cold res...

    Is this correct?

    memberx
    Dec 12, 2018 10:01:51 AM

    Doryani's Catalyst worth all items ?

    YourVengeancee
    Dec 12, 2018 10:30:59 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 26
  • 27
  • Next