Forum Index Shadow [3.8] [SC] TheEmperorSlayer's Autobomber - Pushing Boundaries

History

"
Xenithos wrote:
I just wanted to say I'm very thankful for the guide. I've made 3 auto-bombers for my father who doesn't play very much, and though they are usually cheaper I've been learning a lot about them since Harbinger (when I made the first).

Your tips on the Zeel's amplifier, glove enchantment, and corrupted use of the grand spectrum jewels were probably the biggest help I've seen compared to my time doing them. I didn't even know that shield existed.
Thank you very much for the kind words and I'm glad you found the guide useful! There's a lot to learn about autobombers.

"
poepoe091 wrote:
So, yeah. Discharge still trash. So trash, in fact, that I bought an Ice Nova gem just for fun and slotted it in the Cospri's instead of Discharge and instantly the build was better. That's how bad Discharge is right now. It eats your power charges and gives you basically nothing in return. No AoE, no damage. Just a stylish MTX that sadly is just not worth it.
Sadly, old Mjölner/fakener are never coming back. It was great while it lasted, though, I'll always miss shatterchuck.

"
Artwebb1986 wrote:
Besides leveling 20 or so more levels. What should I look into improving ?

Cospri's Malice
Jewelled Foil
Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Trigger a Socketed Cold Spell on Melee Critical Strike
  • +257 Intelligence Requirement
  • No Physical Damage
  • Adds 80 to 195 Cold Damage
  • Adds 49 to 99 Cold Damage to Spells
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • 60% increased Critical Strike Chance against Chilled Enemies
  • Breathe deep, my child.

    Let the frigid air engulf your soul.

    Embrace the eternal cold,

    And it will embrace you back.

    Dragon Knuckle
    Fingerless Silk Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 16% increased Spell Damage
  • Socketed Gems have 16% more Attack and Cast Speed
  • +16 to Intelligence
  • Adds 4 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 46% increased Energy Shield
  • +88 to maximum Life
  • +26% to Cold Resistance
  • Death Span
    Soldier Boots
    Click to expand
  • +80 to maximum Life
  • +40% to Fire Resistance
  • +40% to Cold Resistance
  • 20% increased Movement Speed
  • +28% to Lightning Resistance
  • The Coming Calamity
    Destroyer Regalia
    Click to expand
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Herald Gems
  • 94% increased Energy Shield
  • 35% chance to avoid being Stunned for each Herald Skill affecting you
  • Mana Reservation of Herald Skills is always 45%
  • Whiff of cold, tiny spark, faintest flicker in the dark.

    Embers swirl, ice takes form, sky exposed - Death's perfect storm.

    Frost and thunder, flames shine bright, ruin walks the land tonight.

    By your hand they dance and bend, wield them and brook no end.

    Phoenix Twirl
    Two-Stone Ring
    Click to expand
  • +15% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • +27 to Intelligence
  • +123 to Evasion Rating
  • +77 to maximum Life
  • 0.26% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
  • +9% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Storm Pendant
    Onyx Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +16 to all Attributes
  • +34% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +64 to maximum Mana
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • +47% to Lightning Resistance
  • 13% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +44 to maximum Life
  • Zeel's Amplifier
    Polished Spiked Shield
    Click to expand
  • 4% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
  • 46% increased Spell Damage
  • +65 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +61 to maximum Life
  • 1% increased Area of Effect per Enemy killed recently, up to 50%
  • You have Zealot's Oath if you haven't been hit recently
  • "Great minds wish to reveal all the secrets of time and space.

    But it does not matter. Creation, the act of Matter Metamorphosis,

    is the only secret worth discovering."

    - Zeel, Vaal Tinkerer

    The Tempest's Binding
    Callous Mask
    Click to expand
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Ice Bite
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Innervate
  • Grants Summon Harbinger of Storms Skill
  • +125 to Evasion Rating
  • +47 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +78 to maximum Life
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Headhunter
    Leather Belt
    Click to expand
  • +29 to maximum Life
  • +51 to Strength
  • +53 to Dexterity
  • +55 to maximum Life
  • 28% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

    judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

    The head is where the Man is."

    - Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

    The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 12% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Atziri's Promise
    Amethyst Flask
    Click to expand
  • 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • Gain 18% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • Gain 10% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • "Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty."

    - Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

    Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • 27% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • 38% increased Duration
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Grounding
    -
    Click to expand
  • 25% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Shock during Flask effect Removes Shock on use
  • Kiara's Determination
    Silver Flask
    Click to expand
  • Immune to Freeze, Chill, Curses and Stuns during Flask Effect
  • 60% reduced Duration
  • Travelers of the deep wood speak of a witch

    whose ale provides a different kind

    of liquid courage.

    You need a Watcher's Eye ASAP.

    b0moodc
    Oct 17, 2018 07:55:07 AM

    "
    b0moodc wrote:

    "
    Artwebb1986 wrote:
    Besides leveling 20 or so more levels. What should I look into improving ?

    Cospri's Malice
    Jewelled Foil
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Trigger a Socketed Cold Spell on Melee Critical Strike
  • +257 Intelligence Requirement
  • No Physical Damage
  • Adds 80 to 195 Cold Damage
  • Adds 49 to 99 Cold Damage to Spells
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • 60% increased Critical Strike Chance against Chilled Enemies
  • Breathe deep, my child.

    Let the frigid air engulf your soul.

    Embrace the eternal cold,

    And it will embrace you back.

    Dragon Knuckle
    Fingerless Silk Gloves
    Click to expand
  • 16% increased Spell Damage
  • Socketed Gems have 16% more Attack and Cast Speed
  • +16 to Intelligence
  • Adds 4 to 10 Physical Damage to Attacks
  • 46% increased Energy Shield
  • +88 to maximum Life
  • +26% to Cold Resistance
  • Death Span
    Soldier Boots
    Click to expand
  • +80 to maximum Life
  • +40% to Fire Resistance
  • +40% to Cold Resistance
  • 20% increased Movement Speed
  • +28% to Lightning Resistance
  • The Coming Calamity
    Destroyer Regalia
    Click to expand
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Herald Gems
  • 94% increased Energy Shield
  • 35% chance to avoid being Stunned for each Herald Skill affecting you
  • Mana Reservation of Herald Skills is always 45%
  • Whiff of cold, tiny spark, faintest flicker in the dark.

    Embers swirl, ice takes form, sky exposed - Death's perfect storm.

    Frost and thunder, flames shine bright, ruin walks the land tonight.

    By your hand they dance and bend, wield them and brook no end.

    Phoenix Twirl
    Two-Stone Ring
    Click to expand
  • +15% to Cold and Lightning Resistances
  • +27 to Intelligence
  • +123 to Evasion Rating
  • +77 to maximum Life
  • 0.26% of Physical Attack Damage Leeched as Mana
  • Curse Enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on Hit
  • +9% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Essence Worm
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Aura Gems
  • Socketed Gems Reserve No Mana
  • 40% increased Mana Reserved
  • "This thing is not a pet. It is a parasite that feeds on the very will of its host.

    Like any part of nightmare, it has found a way to make its price... acceptable."

    - Malachai the Soulless

    Storm Pendant
    Onyx Amulet
    Click to expand
  • +16 to all Attributes
  • +34% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • +64 to maximum Mana
  • +42% to Fire Resistance
  • +47% to Lightning Resistance
  • 13% increased Elemental Damage with Attack Skills
  • +44 to maximum Life
  • Zeel's Amplifier
    Polished Spiked Shield
    Click to expand
  • 4% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
  • 46% increased Spell Damage
  • +65 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +61 to maximum Life
  • 1% increased Area of Effect per Enemy killed recently, up to 50%
  • You have Zealot's Oath if you haven't been hit recently
  • "Great minds wish to reveal all the secrets of time and space.

    But it does not matter. Creation, the act of Matter Metamorphosis,

    is the only secret worth discovering."

    - Zeel, Vaal Tinkerer

    The Tempest's Binding
    Callous Mask
    Click to expand
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Ice Bite
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Innervate
  • Grants Summon Harbinger of Storms Skill
  • +125 to Evasion Rating
  • +47 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +78 to maximum Life
  • +15% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Headhunter
    Leather Belt
    Click to expand
  • +29 to maximum Life
  • +51 to Strength
  • +53 to Dexterity
  • +55 to maximum Life
  • 28% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

    judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

    The head is where the Man is."

    - Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

    The Wise Oak
    Bismuth Flask
    Click to expand
  • During Flask Effect, 10% reduced Damage taken of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is lowest
  • During Flask Effect, Damage Penetrates 12% Resistance of each Element for which your Uncapped Elemental Resistance is highest
  • The summer sun dries the soil and burns the leaves.

    The autumn rain extinguishes the flames.

    The spring bloom shades the wet earth.

    Nature is an eternal tug of war.

    Atziri's Promise
    Amethyst Flask
    Click to expand
  • 2% of Chaos Damage Leeched as Life during Flask effect
  • Gain 18% of Physical Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • Gain 10% of Elemental Damage as Extra Chaos Damage during effect
  • "Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty."

    - Atziri, Queen of the Vaal

    Experimenter's Quicksilver Flask of Adrenaline
    -
    Click to expand
  • 27% increased Movement Speed during Flask effect
  • 38% increased Duration
  • Chemist's Diamond Flask of Grounding
    -
    Click to expand
  • 25% reduced Charges used
  • Immunity to Shock during Flask effect Removes Shock on use
  • Kiara's Determination
    Silver Flask
    Click to expand
  • Immune to Freeze, Chill, Curses and Stuns during Flask Effect
  • 60% reduced Duration
  • Travelers of the deep wood speak of a witch

    whose ale provides a different kind

    of liquid courage.

    You need a Watcher's Eye ASAP.


    Thanks thought so. Only got 10ex, Might have to just get the % Crit from Hatred Watcher's Eye. Since the ones with % Cold Damage or Clarity -mana are 25ex or so.

    This one will have to do for now i guess.

    Watcher's Eye
    Prismatic Jewel
    Click to expand
  • 5% increased maximum Energy Shield
  • 6% increased maximum Life
  • 6% increased maximum Mana
  • +1.77% to Critical Strike Chance while affected by Hatred
  • 5% chance to Dodge Spell Hits while affected by Haste
  • One by one, they stood their ground against a creature

    they had no hope of understanding, let alone defeating,

    and one by one, they became a part of it.


    Artwebb1986
    Oct 17, 2018 23:16:33 PM

    Hey there, thanks for the awesome build guide!
    I've played autobombers on and off for a few leagues now and am looking to build one again so your guide was awesome to see any potential upgrades and changes that I hadnt thought of before.

    I just wanted to find out... since the changes to shield charge, do the insanity gloves still affect it? Or would whirling blades be faster, or does just the AoE of the 'hit' of shield charge add too much to proccing Glacial Cascade?

    Thx in advance.

    hasbeen5043
    Oct 18, 2018 12:49:55 PM

    To sustain shaped toxic chambers in Delve, what would I have to do? Just use a cartographer seal to uncomplete T10-11? Or do I have to do anything different? (like with T3 burial chamber having to also shape relic chambers).

    I have T1-t9 complete and T12-t15 complete. I am sextenting/MF/high IIQ for more currency to help sustain but feels like I am burning currency, still. What was the best combo/balance you used for best map sustain/value on return?

    -------

    One last question. If you were level 92 in Delve without headhunter (but a crit watchers eye) would you:
    1) Sustain-Farm Burial for doctors -> headhunter?
    2) Keep at Toxic or other for levels then do whatever.

    Is it more efficient for me to go grab my headhunter now when I feel fine in Shaped Toxic Sewer or should I just push forward and avoid boss?

    kestalkayden
    Oct 19, 2018 02:46:15 AM

    "
    hasbeen5043 wrote:
    Hey there, thanks for the awesome build guide!
    I've played autobombers on and off for a few leagues now and am looking to build one again so your guide was awesome to see any potential upgrades and changes that I hadnt thought of before.

    I just wanted to find out... since the changes to shield charge, do the insanity gloves still affect it? Or would whirling blades be faster, or does just the AoE of the 'hit' of shield charge add too much to proccing Glacial Cascade?

    Thx in advance.
    Hello, insanity gloves are just as great as always, and whirling blades, albeit smoother mechanically, doesn't really work when it comes to reliably triggering Cospri's Malice.

    "
    kestalkayden wrote:
    To sustain shaped toxic chambers in Delve, what would I have to do? Just use a cartographer seal to uncomplete T10-11? Or do I have to do anything different? (like with T3 burial chamber having to also shape relic chambers).

    I have T1-t9 complete and T12-t15 complete. I am sextenting/MF/high IIQ for more currency to help sustain but feels like I am burning currency, still. What was the best combo/balance you used for best map sustain/value on return?
    Your atlas setup sounds great. Map sustain comes and goes, as does everything else when it comes to chance. Start with a a moderate map pool and adjust your investment depending on your lucky or unlucky streaks. I used to use two to three sextants, and mostly no quality on maps. But sometimes, you need to give your maps a little extra.
    "
    kestalkayden wrote:
    One last question. If you were level 92 in Delve without headhunter (but a crit watchers eye) would you:
    1) Sustain-Farm Burial for doctors -> headhunter?
    2) Keep at Toxic or other for levels then do whatever.

    Is it more efficient for me to go grab my headhunter now when I feel fine in Shaped Toxic Sewer or should I just push forward and avoid boss?
    I would get the headhunter. But by farming Toxic Sewers.

    b0moodc
    Oct 19, 2018 13:29:34 PM

    Well, after that other poster tried a quant variant, I decided to give it a go too. I tried to force as much quant as possible without gimping speed, and ended up with 50% + Bisco's. People like to trash Bisco's these days, but it's still slightly more quant overall than a shaper amulet (in most circumstances), and I didn't need life or resists.

    Spoiler
    Cospri's Malice
    Jewelled Foil
    Click to expand
  • +25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
  • Trigger a Socketed Cold Spell on Melee Critical Strike
  • +257 Intelligence Requirement
  • No Physical Damage
  • Adds 85 to 194 Cold Damage
  • Adds 48 to 107 Cold Damage to Spells
  • 14% increased Attack Speed
  • 60% increased Critical Strike Chance against Chilled Enemies
  • Breathe deep, my child.

    Let the frigid air engulf your soul.

    Embrace the eternal cold,

    And it will embrace you back.

    Corruption Star
    Magistrate Crown
    Click to expand
  • Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 18 Increased Area of Effect
  • Socketed Gems deal 30% more Elemental Damage
  • +6% to Fire Resistance
  • +45% to Lightning Resistance
  • 11% increased Area of Effect
  • Reflects 2 Physical Damage to Melee Attackers
  • +63 to maximum Life
  • Zeel's Amplifier
    Polished Spiked Shield
    Click to expand
  • 4% chance to Dodge Attack Hits
  • 42% increased Spell Damage
  • +64 to maximum Energy Shield
  • +67 to maximum Life
  • 1% increased Area of Effect per Enemy killed recently, up to 50%
  • You have Zealot's Oath if you haven't been hit recently
  • "Great minds wish to reveal all the secrets of time and space.

    But it does not matter. Creation, the act of Matter Metamorphosis,

    is the only secret worth discovering."

    - Zeel, Vaal Tinkerer

    The Coming Calamity
    Destroyer Regalia
    Click to expand
  • +1 to Level of Socketed Gems
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Herald Gems
  • 100% increased Energy Shield
  • 35% chance to avoid being Stunned for each Herald Skill affecting you
  • Mana Reservation of Herald Skills is always 45%
  • Whiff of cold, tiny spark, faintest flicker in the dark.

    Embers swirl, ice takes form, sky exposed - Death's perfect storm.

    Frost and thunder, flames shine bright, ruin walks the land tonight.

    By your hand they dance and bend, wield them and brook no end.

    The Pariah
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Gems
  • 6% increased Attack and Cast Speed
  • +100 to Maximum Life per Red Socket
  • +100 to Maximum Mana per Green Socket
  • +100 to Maximum Energy Shield per Blue Socket
  • 15% increased Item Quantity per White Socket
  • A man who changes his loyalties often,

    soon finds he has none.

    The Pariah
    Unset Ring
    Click to expand
  • Has 1 Socket
  • +2 to Level of Socketed Gems
  • 8% increased Attack and Cast Speed
  • +100 to Maximum Life per Red Socket
  • +100 to Maximum Mana per Green Socket
  • +100 to Maximum Energy Shield per Blue Socket
  • 15% increased Item Quantity per White Socket
  • A man who changes his loyalties often,

    soon finds he has none.

    Bisco's Collar
    Gold Amulet
    Click to expand
  • 18% increased Rarity of Items found
  • 131% increased Rarity of Items Dropped by Slain Magic Enemies
  • 47% increased Quantity of Items Dropped by Slain Normal Enemies
  • Friendship worth its weight in gold,

    a treasure every day.

    I thought together we'd grow old,

    until fate pulled you away.

    Vortex Grasp
    Conjurer Gloves
    Click to expand
  • Socketed Gems have 16% more Attack and Cast Speed
  • +78 to maximum Life
  • 8% increased Rarity of Items found
  • +44% to Cold Resistance
  • 12% increased Attack Speed
  • Headhunter
    Leather Belt
    Click to expand
  • +40 to maximum Life
  • +44 to Strength
  • +51 to Dexterity
  • +60 to maximum Life
  • 24% increased Damage with Hits against Rare monsters
  • When you Kill a Rare monster, you gain its Modifiers for 20 seconds
  • "A man's soul rules from a cavern of bone, learns and

    judges through flesh-born windows. The heart is meat.

    The head is where the Man is."

    - Lavianga, Advisor to Kaom

    Goldwyrm
    Nubuck Boots
    Click to expand
  • 60% increased Mana Regeneration Rate
  • 20% increased Quantity of Items found
  • +49% to Fire Resistance
  • 10% increased Movement Speed
  • The wyrm draws warmth from the fires of desire.



    It sucks giving up Hatred and Watcher's Eye (and you do notice the occasional missed crit on HoT), but mostly it's just as fast as proper gear. I just wanted to spam through some T3s anyway, and I got pretty lucky for just one night of farming so far:

    Spoiler
    The Doctor
    -
    Click to expand
  • {Headhunter}
  • "They said I needed my head examined, but I'd rather just take yours." - Klopek the Cannibal



    To compare to Windripper for those curious, Windripper gets at least 31% more quant (Sadimas + Windripper) and the speed is similar, depending on layout. Windripper probably has an edge on Burials, but Autobomber dominates in Toxic Sewer. That said, I'd still recommend Autobomber for Burials if you enjoy that kind of thing. Very fun and relaxing farm, and a very nice build for it.

    poepoe091
    Oct 20, 2018 14:46:44 PM

    "
    b0moodc wrote:
    "
    hasbeen5043 wrote:
    Hey there, thanks for the awesome build guide!
    I've played autobombers on and off for a few leagues now and am looking to build one again so your guide was awesome to see any potential upgrades and changes that I hadnt thought of before.

    I just wanted to find out... since the changes to shield charge, do the insanity gloves still affect it? Or would whirling blades be faster, or does just the AoE of the 'hit' of shield charge add too much to proccing Glacial Cascade?

    Thx in advance.
    Hello, insanity gloves are just as great as always, and whirling blades, albeit smoother mechanically, doesn't really work when it comes to reliably triggering Cospri's Malice.

    Thank you so much for the response, I thought as much and tried it out this weekend. Shield charge is significantly better especially with the AoE the shield charge has which has noticeable scaling with Zeel's... whirling blades is much faster for movement but really sucks with the triggering.

    hasbeen5043
    Oct 22, 2018 07:40:28 AM

    Which maps do you need to keep elder influenced to sustain toxic sewer?
    Do you keep the elder blob at bottom left corner?

    elfril
    Oct 26, 2018 01:34:40 AM

    "
    elfril wrote:
    Which maps do you need to keep elder influenced to sustain toxic sewer?
    Do you keep the elder blob at bottom left corner?
    For about 600 Toxic Sewers, I had an Elder guardian spawned on them, which means no influence-related mobs and no boss. Essentially worse for returns than a non-influenced map, yet I had enough returns to sustain. I wouldn't worry too much about Atlas shenanigans, T10 aren't hard to sustain.

    b0moodc
    Oct 26, 2018 13:28:10 PM

    Question for poster and anyone playing this build in Delve.

    Do you guys think this is a viable build for Delve? I have about 20 ex I can invest atm and a 93 shadow i wanna reroll to a different build. I have always loved autombomber and have on in STD but feel it may be tough to use this in Delve with going to later stages of delve.

    Anyone running it currently and have gotten to I would say, past 500 delve?

    Would love your thoughts!

    Notsavard
    Oct 26, 2018 18:03:24 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 89
  • 90
  • Next