Forum Index Scion [3.8] ⚔ ↘ Impale Dancing Duo Scion ↙ ⚔ - Uber Elder/Atziri, T16 ALL Map Mods, Delve 400+

History

Hi again sir,i enjoy the build so much,i aprecciate the update :).Why do you use sulphur flask? That 40% aply to minions? Can be a better choice to run Quartz/Basalt flask for more mitigation?

alamodeg
Oct 09, 2018 17:42:02 PM

"
Haste

A quick question, where do you put the haste if you got the watcher's eye? In one of the +gems unset rings? But where do you put the flame dash then? :)

Kamelkungen
Oct 09, 2018 17:58:35 PM

"
alamodeg wrote:
Hi again sir,i enjoy the build so much,i aprecciate the update :).Why do you use sulphur flask? That 40% aply to minions? Can be a better choice to run Quartz/Basalt flask for more mitigation?

Because:

a.) long base duration

b.) 3 uses per flask

c.) provides Life regen in an AoE

Allows me and my minions to quickly regenerate.

You can use a Basalt, but that also means 1 use per flask (40/60).

Sulphur is useful to roll Anti-Curse on because of its long base duration and it has an actual use (the Life regen). And no, the damage only applies to you.

CaptainWARLORD
Oct 09, 2018 18:00:09 PM

Ever since I discovered this other guy's Dancing Duo build, I discovered it was like, The Build for me, y'know? And then finding and looking at your guide, which is unbelievable detailed with literally every single thing explained, I'm grateful (because I like to hear why builders do the things they do or pick the things they pick).

Definitely going to be making some changes to mine. :) Thanks so much for a job well done.

xAdamster
Oct 14, 2018 22:34:58 PM

"
xAdamster wrote:
Ever since I discovered this other guy's Dancing Duo build, I discovered it was like, The Build for me, y'know? And then finding and looking at your guide, which is unbelievable detailed with literally every single thing explained, I'm grateful (because I like to hear why builders do the things they do or pick the things they pick).

Definitely going to be making some changes to mine. :) Thanks so much for a job well done.

Well, thanks. I've just now deployed an update to the skill tree. Check the update sticky for details.

Spoiler
(and also shameless bump)

CaptainWARLORD
Oct 15, 2018 22:47:18 PM

Interesting build. I tried a pure PF DD build last league but was disappointed by the damage, I think this build can make the difference with scion's necro plus animate guardian's buffs.

For those of us who like to paruse builds while at work but don't have access to POB, any chance you could include skill tree links (either on the official site or poeplanner)? Since your profile is private I can't just snipe it off you. I saw the screenshots but they don't really let you dig into the build or try to play around with it.

EDIT: Also, maybe I'm just dense, but it's not clear to me exactly what spectres you recommend using. Is it 1 Host Chieftain, 1 Carnage Chieftain, and 1 Armour Cruncher?

EDIT2: How do you maintain phasing? No quartz flask, no "phasing on kill", and no phase run gem that I can see in gear... -- NVM, Watcher's eye. See it now.

Xyrm
Oct 17, 2018 17:05:09 PM

"
Kamelkungen wrote:
"
Haste

A quick question, where do you put the haste if you got the watcher's eye? In one of the +gems unset rings? But where do you put the flame dash then? :)

Hmm. I somehow missed your post.

I've since updated my gear. The Haste aura comes from the amulet.

CaptainWARLORD
Oct 17, 2018 17:37:32 PM

"
Xyrm wrote:
For those of us who like to paruse builds while at work but don't have access to POB, any chance you could include skill tree links (either on the official site or poeplanner)?

I didn't want to add direct links because they break with every tree update, but check again, I have added links now.

"
Xyrm wrote:
EDIT: Also, maybe I'm just dense, but it's not clear to me exactly what spectres you recommend using. Is it 1 Host Chieftain, 1 Carnage Chieftain, and 1 Armour Cruncher?

Technically, yes. But Armour Cruncher is currently bugged, thus any other Spectre you like will do. The extra damage you get from the Curse is there, but you don't need it. I don't even use it 90% of the time for the reason stated above.

1x Carnage Chieftain
1x Host Chieftain

You don't benefit from having more than 1 of each since you will be at max charges in no time.

CaptainWARLORD
Oct 17, 2018 17:52:15 PM

You rock. Thanks for the quick reply and updates.

While you're being awesome and accommodating, you mention in the leveling section you actually used dominating blow. Could you provide a bit more info?
Specifically, in the context of using this build as a league starter (or more accurately, how to build a league starter to transition to this build smoothly once writhing jar and dancing dervish are acquired).

Xyrm
Oct 17, 2018 18:02:08 PM

Tried Scion as well with the build, got Uber Elder down with 0 deaths on first try.

The only issue that all the Dancing Duo builds face tho, is delve, I've said it before here that all your minions will die in deep delve and also the potential for 1-shot is great.

But I saw you changed the tree a bit, I'll try this version and see, but I think uber elder will be harder on this version.

Some other changes I thought I would try is changing zombies with cwdt+molten and see how that goes.

Also do you use Quarts Flask now?

pewdie
Oct 17, 2018 18:09:04 PM
  • Prev
  • Next