Forum Index Ranger [3.8] TOXIC RAIN + HERALD OF AGONY Pathfinder Build (6-8K life) (UBER ELDER done!) +VIDEO GUIDE!

History

"
Mavenclaw wrote:
Hey there, just a quick question: Which enchant is better?
40% more Toxic Rain dmg or additional arrow?

Edit: Ok I got a few more questions.

1. I saw that there are no flasks with bleed immunity in this build. Is Blood of the Karui enough to outscale the dot from bleeding or corrupted blood?

2. when we get Impresence, doesn't Witchfire Brew become obsolete? I mean yea it gives more dot, but we can run despair aura ourselves with impresence.


Impresence gives us perma ~35-40% dot so u can def take out witchfire brew if you'd like. Since the dps is so good already, i opted to go the more defensive route with a regular life flask + karui. It has been working very well for me, especially while delving.. With our insane speed + phase run, im able to go anywhere in the darkness and find fossils and what not.. witchfire is just overkill for me at this point.

aykay317
Sep 13, 2018 21:01:45 PM

Just the toxic rain and heralds is enough, as with this ill have slots to fill with curses, mobility and support stuff, But the If you can info ALL links for the build ill appreciate,
Toxic rain 5 links
Heralds + 2 other skills
Curse on hit on Frenzy qnd despair
Spell totem + Inc dur+whither
Rest os nota that relevant i guess

Tzimisces
Sep 13, 2018 21:06:21 PM

"
Tzimisces wrote:
Just the toxic rain and heralds is enough, as with this ill have slots to fill with curses, mobility and support stuff, But the If you can info ALL links for the build ill appreciate,
Toxic rain 5 links
Heralds + 2 other skills
Curse on hit on Frenzy qnd despair
Spell totem + Inc dur+whither
Rest os nota that relevant i guess

I have all main links in start post, and the rest in Path of Building

Angry_Roleplayer
Sep 13, 2018 21:08:52 PM

But even running es and scorn bow lead to the same links?
i dont know Also If dendrobate or incandescent Hearth os better on It.....

Tzimisces
Sep 13, 2018 21:18:24 PM

"
"
Can someone give me TLDR of the nodes to go of importance while leveling?
Watching videos as guides is the worst thing ever... you gotta skip through all video just to find 1 second you want to know of... I'd rather want just to have a simple link for trees :(

First Master Fletcher and Avatar of the Hunt, then Toxic Strikes and Fatal Toxics to get more poison stacks for Herald. Then basically life and more damage.


thanks

another question, since you did not mention anything...
What is the difference between the two Toxic Rain Setups? When do you use which setup ? Which one is better when I go Calamity Chest to fully rely on the agony?

How do I sustain the stacks ? Currently (level 20ish) the stacks are gone so fast I don't even think I saw the crawler attacking yet as the stacks run out faster than it manages to get anywhere.

Is Mirage Archer really a viable choice? Because it does not procc any poison stacks.

AkumaNoTsubasa
Sep 13, 2018 22:42:43 PM

Finally defeated shaper!
Links: Void - Swift - Vicious - Duration - Mirage - Toxic Rain

It's not very good vs Elder's portal phase though :(
Has anyone done elder's portal phase reliably?

Magnifque
Sep 14, 2018 01:32:00 AM

dot in general seems to really suck vs elder's portal phase man. im struggling with that too more than anything.

tho im working on crafting gear for another char that will have the offense to do crazy insane shit. if i hit my desired craft, that is

xMustard
Sep 14, 2018 03:11:07 AM

I'm currently running a 6L quill rain toxic rain set up;

Toxic rain - added chaos dmg - vicious projectiles - void manipulation - damage on full life - mirage archer

I can't decide if playing with mirage archer is better than swift affliction?

What would you guys recommend?

Quickfade
Sep 14, 2018 04:06:04 AM

"
Quickfade wrote:
I'm currently running a 6L quill rain toxic rain set up;

Toxic rain - added chaos dmg - vicious projectiles - void manipulation - damage on full life - mirage archer

I can't decide if playing with mirage archer is better than swift affliction?

What would you guys recommend?


it might be different when built for poison dmg, but when built for DoT damage, the damage is almost the exact same overall.
this leads me to like mirage archer better because he will allow you to focus on other things while still doing dps, and he'll also slow/kill things before you can even see them on your screen.

xMustard
Sep 14, 2018 04:56:45 AM

"
Magnifque wrote:
Finally defeated shaper!
Links: Void - Swift - Vicious - Duration - Mirage - Toxic Rain

It's not very good vs Elder's portal phase though :(
Has anyone done elder's portal phase reliably?


Dying sun has been so good vs elder portal phase, I haven't tried uber elder yet as I haven't met the requirements, but red elder portal phase was easy af with dying sun.. just pop flask and everything melts

Also interesting you don't use efficacy.. I found that swift + efficacy combo to pair extremely nicely and gives a huge boost to dot dps..

aykay317
Sep 14, 2018 06:25:23 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 19
  • 20
  • 21
  • 22
  • 23
  • 24
  • 168
  • 169
  • Next