Forum Index Witch [3.8] Kay's Spectre Summoner | All Bosses | League Starter | Levelling Guide | SSF | PS4/XBox

History

"
WildKeeper98 wrote:
Hey there, just came across your guide, I wanted to know how you leveled your build. What skills did you use? I'm very interested in your build! It's just seems a little bit hard to level.

"
Rivx wrote:
"
WildKeeper98 wrote:
Hey there, just came across your guide, I wanted to know how you leveled your build. What skills did you use? I'm very interested in your build! It's just seems a little bit hard to level.

Don't bother with regular minions at first. They die too fast without health and regen nodes. SRS is your best skill early on, though a bit annoying to use. Link it with minion damage and melee splash. Take minion damage nodes and health for yourself, and make your way to the spectre wheel, passing through cruel preparation. Then left towards the spiritual aid wheel. Around level 30 you should have enough minion nodes to finally start using zombies (Don't forget the small zombie cluster to the right of witch start). Buy bones of ullr if you're not SSF, 4 link them since it is your endgame item, and put zombie + minion dmg + minion speed + minion life. If you have another 4 link, you can start using spectres - grab flame sentinels from solaris temple and keep "upgrading" them via desecrate as you get to higher level zones. Once you complete normal lab, you should be on cruise control.

Rivx has a good summary of the levelling process. Basically, all spectre summoner builds start out the same (SRS + zombies). They're a bit hard to level in the beginning, but it gets eastier in Act 4 (Prayer Guards), and then in Act 8 (Solar Guards) the game becomes 'easy'. Later, you pick up Fire-Eaters and you can faceroll to Uber Elder.

I'm currently working on a detailed levelling guide, which will outline how I level the build as a league starter.

kayella
Feb 02, 2019 10:45:52 AM

This build is something... Amazing trully. I was having a hard time dealing with all these syndicate encounters, and with these boisss i just ANNIHILATE them (comparing to SG setup). Thanks!
But now i have a question : how much damage i would lose if i won't use this victario's charity shield? can i still do shaper/ guards? I kinda need my shield for hp (playing hardcore).

P1nKert0n
Feb 03, 2019 00:15:42 AM

"
P1nKert0n wrote:
This build is something... Amazing trully. I was having a hard time dealing with all these syndicate encounters, and with these boisss i just ANNIHILATE them (comparing to SG setup). Thanks!
But now i have a question : how much damage i would lose if i won't use this victario's charity shield? can i still do shaper/ guards? I kinda need my shield for hp (playing hardcore).

Hi, I'm glad you're enjoying the boss-killing power of the build. SGs are great for map clearing, but they lack the boss-melting DPS that FEs bring. FEs + Phantasms end up having the same map clearing speed without losing boss DPS.

To answer your question, if you swap out Victario's Charity, you'll lose about 25% DPS on your FEs. They will still dish out a lot of DPS, so you'll have no problem with guardians/shaper. To demonstrate, I recorded a minotaur kill with no shield equipped and just 4L:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73ZErEff3c

kayella
Feb 03, 2019 08:05:42 AM

Spoiler
"
kayella wrote:
"
P1nKert0n wrote:

Hi, I'm glad you're enjoying the boss-killing power of the build. SGs are great for map clearing, but they lack the boss-melting DPS that FEs bring. FEs + Phantasms end up having the same map clearing speed without losing boss DPS.

To answer your question, if you swap out Victario's Charity, you'll lose about 25% DPS on your FEs. They will still dish out a lot of DPS, so you'll have no problem with guardians/shaper. To demonstrate, I recorded a minotaur kill with no shield equipped and just 4L:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V73ZErEff3c

watched the video, 4 link w/o shield was enough to get that minotaur down easy, that's alot of damage.
2 questions that bother me. which curse is the best if i don't go for dual and why pierce is better than elemental focus in this build. Thanks again!
Oh and i wanted to mention that i feel Cannibals are even faster than SG setup in map clearing! Now i don't care about these shielded minions that live forever when you use SG.

P1nKert0n
Feb 03, 2019 11:54:51 AM

"
P1nKert0n wrote:
2 questions that bother me. which curse is the best if i don't go for dual and why pierce is better than elemental focus in this build. Thanks again!
Oh and i wanted to mention that i feel Cannibals are even faster than SG setup in map clearing! Now i don't care about these shielded minions that live forever when you use SG.

Thanks for your questions. I think I'll add them to a Q&A section later, as I'm sure other people might want to know. Or maybe to a 'how this build works' section. (This ended up being a long reply).

--

For single curse, I recommend Projectile Weakness:

Elemental Equilibrium passive will apply -50% fire res, and the Stone Golem with Combustion and Multistrike (and ghastly eye with flat added fire) will apply -19% fire res. So you've already got -69% fire res. Elemental Weakness (and Flammability) give -44% fire res. Once any monster reaches 0% resistance, the negative restistance just becomes a more multiplier.

Projectile Weakness makes enemies take 54% increased damage, which works as a more multiplier. So, if a monster is at 0% fire res, Projective Weakness adds more damage (54% vs 44%) AND give extra benefits - 25% knockback chance (Fire-Eaters cast 20+ times/sec) and make projectiles pierce.

--
Long reply about gem support

Gem support is a little complicated. It depends on whether you go 5 blue + 1 green or 4 blue + 2 green. Of course, the best would be 4 blue + 1 green + 1 white.

5 blue and 1 green has the most dps.

The standard boss killing combo is:
Raise Spectre
-
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +7%
  • Minions have +30% to all Elemental Resistances
  • Maximum 2 Raised Spectres
  • 7% increased Minion Movement Speed
  • 55% more Minion Movement Speed
  • Minion Movement Speed is Capped
  • Raised Spectres are Level 80
  • Minions have 1109 additional Accuracy Rating
  • Spell Echo Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills deal 10% less Damage
  • Supported Skills Repeat an additional time
  • Supported Skills have 70% more Cast Speed
  • Supported Skills deal 10% increased Spell Damage
  • Minion Damage Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Minions from Supported Skills deal 17% increased Damage
  • Minions from Supported Skills deal 49% more Damage
  • Elemental Focus Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Supported Skills deal 49% more Elemental Damage
  • Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments
  • Supported Skills deal 11% increased Elemental Damage
  • Controlled Destruction Support
    -
  • Level 21 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance
  • Supported Skills deal 45% more Spell Damage
  • Faster Projectiles Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills have 10% increased Attack Speed
  • Supported Skills have 10% increased Cast Speed
  • Supported Skills have 69% increased Projectile Speed
  • Supported Skills deal 29% increased Projectile Damage

• Fire-Easters have a fairly short range, so Faster Projectiles almost doubles their range and is very useful for fast-moving bosses, such as Hydra, or when you need to be able to hit the boss and adds at the same time, such as in Uber Elder fight.

When you don't need the range boost, you can use Slower Projectiles or Pierce. As both add a more multiplier and are green gems. But, you actually dump so much damage, you can kill bosses without them (as demonstrated in my 4L video).

For mapping:
    Raise Spectre
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +7%
  • Spell Echo Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Minion Damage Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Summon Phantasm Support
    -
  • Level 12
  • 61% chance to Summon a Phantasm when Supported Skills, or Non-Phantasm Minions from Supported Skills, deal a Killing Blow
  • Maximum 8 Summoned Phantasm
  • 10% chance to Summon a Phantasm when Supported Skills, or Non-Phantasm Minions from Supported Skills, Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy
  • Phantasms last 15 seconds
  • Controlled Destruction Support
    -
  • Level 21 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Supported Skills have 100% reduced Critical Strike Chance
  • Supported Skills deal 45% more Spell Damage
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%

• Summoned Phantasms shoot physical projectiles, so they don't benefit from Elemental Focus. But they will benefit from the other 4 support gems.

4 blue + 2 green is better for map clearing because it allows you to pair Faster Projectiles with LMP (or GMP), thus giving your little team of friends a lot of projectile spread.

For mapping, I use this combo:
    Raise Spectre
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +7%
  • Spell Echo Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Minion Damage Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Summon Phantasm Support
    -
  • Level 12
  • 61% chance to Summon a Phantasm when Supported Skills, or Non-Phantasm Minions from Supported Skills, deal a Killing Blow
  • Maximum 8 Summoned Phantasm
  • 10% chance to Summon a Phantasm when Supported Skills, or Non-Phantasm Minions from Supported Skills, Hit a Rare or Unique Enemy
  • Phantasms last 15 seconds
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Lesser Multiple Projectiles Support
    -
  • Level 1
  • Supported Skills deal 25% less Projectile Damage
  • Supported Skills fire 2 additional Projectiles

• For bossing:
    Raise Spectre
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +7%
  • Spell Echo Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Minion Damage Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Elemental Focus Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +23%
  • Supported Skills deal 49% more Elemental Damage
  • Supported Skills cannot inflict Elemental Ailments
  • Supported Skills deal 11% increased Elemental Damage
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Pierce Support
    -
  • Level 20 (Max)
  • Quality +20%
  • Projectiles from Supported Skills Pierce 4 additional Targets
  • Supported Skills deal 10% increased Projectile Damage
  • Supported Skills deal 19% more Projectile Damage

• Here I swap LMP for Pierce because it's a green gem with a more multiplier. Slower Projectiles is surprisingly bad because it halves the range on your Fire-Eaters, so they spend more time chasing bosses instead of casting their Incinerate.

kayella
    Feb 04, 2019 11:17:52 AM

Question - I have several of the gems that say increased minion damage when you've recently used a minion skill. What is the best way to activate this?

djlilman
    Feb 04, 2019 18:41:54 PM

"
    Rivx wrote:
    "
    WildKeeper98 wrote:

Don't bother with regular minions at first. They die too fast without health and regen nodes. SRS is your best skill early on, though a bit annoying to use. Link it with minion damage and melee splash. Take minion damage nodes and health for yourself, and make your way to the spectre wheel, passing through cruel preparation. Then left towards the spiritual aid wheel. Around level 30 you should have enough minion nodes to finally start using zombies (Don't forget the small zombie cluster to the right of witch start). Buy bones of ullr if you're not SSF, 4 link them since it is your endgame item, and put zombie + minion dmg + minion speed + minion life. If you have another 4 link, you can start using spectres - grab flame sentinels from solaris temple and keep "upgrading" them via desecrate as you get to higher level zones. Once you complete normal lab, you should be on cruise control.

Hey man,
    thanks for your leveling guide! I reached the maps, but I feel with 5k still a lil bit squish... did I do sth wrong?
    Here's my rotation: Walk -> Sees mobs -> start cursing -> dead
    but sometimes the mobs has some weird shit ton of dmg projectile and it almost kills me instantly, 2 of those would be my dead I guess.
    Heelp there!
    p.s. single target is sick and guide is still nice! :D

WildKeeper98
    Feb 05, 2019 00:53:16 AM

I must say, amazing build! I just finally killed Uber Elder for the first time this league with my Soulwrest Necro, but I was looking for an upgrade. Having to resummon the Phantasms constantly during the fight is a real pita and the cause of many deaths. Since I really don't like the zombie build, and I absolutely hated the HoG playstyle, I thought I'd give the Spectres a try.

So I shuffled around a couple things in my tree to get Necromantic Aegis and bought the minimum gear just to try the build. First Uber Elder try, by far my best fight ever, almost deathless! And keep in mind I fought him like 20 times before with only 1 kill.

I really love the possibilities this build offer. You can go with a completely different tree, different gear, and still have a very solid build. I'm even tempted to try a hybrid version with a Soulwrest for mapping. And most of all, it can be very cheap too. The dps numbers are not inflated with all flasks up all buffs up with 50 ex worth of gear. Anyone can easily reach 2-3 million Shaper dps total.

Can't wait for next league, this will be my starter build, thanks for a great guide! :D

Here's my quickly rushed version from a Soulwrest build: https://pastebin.com/DhCaSMJP (missing a jewel, many gem slots empty lol)

ff3
    Feb 05, 2019 03:57:50 AM

I'm very interested in your Build. Congratz to your 40 Challenges :)

I have one Question: Are there any map mods we can`t run? (maybe ele reflect? or phys. reflect?)

Thx

Melinda01
    Feb 05, 2019 13:51:40 PM

"
    djlilman wrote:
    Question - I have several of the gems that say increased minion damage when you've recently used a minion skill. What is the best way to activate this?

I use Convocation. It's instant cast and has a 4s cooldown (with Invoker acendancy passive), and 'increased minion damage when you've recently used a minion skill' is active for 4s. So the cooldown on convocation becomes a good way to track when the bonus damage is active. Once you cast Convocation, your minions will teleport on top of you, but they will run back to where you cast storm brand (for your EE/curse).
    Convocation
    -
  • Level 1
  • Quality +14%
  • Base duration is 2.00 seconds
  • 14% increased Skill Effect Duration
  • Regenerate 0.7% of Life per second
  • 14% increased Cooldown Recovery Speed

• --

"
    WildKeeper98 wrote:
    Spoiler
    "
    Rivx wrote:
    "
    WildKeeper98 wrote:

Hey man,
    thanks for your leveling guide! I reached the maps, but I feel with 5k still a lil bit squish... did I do sth wrong?
    Here's my rotation: Walk -> Sees mobs -> start cursing -> dead
    but sometimes the mobs has some weird shit ton of dmg projectile and it almost kills me instantly, 2 of those would be my dead I guess.
    Heelp there!
    p.s. single target is sick and guide is still nice! :D

If you reach maps without buying a lot of gear from trade, 5k is normal. You should be around level 65, as well. From there on you just need to keep upgrading gear and buying jewels with at least 35 life. Also, the build isn't a 'tanky' summoner build, so you might need to play a little safe until the spectres are higher level and you have more hp.

When I reach maps with my summoner build, I will be using 4 Solar Guards from Act 8, solaris temple. The SGs have very long range, and are able to offscreen kill mobs. Also, the white tier bosses are quite low in HP, so you won't need Fire-Eaters yet.

When you are in high yellow tier or starting red tier, you can go with 2 Fire-Eaters and 2 Solar Guards. The 2 SGs will give you long range shooty power and the 2 FEs will melt bosses.

Later on, when you're geared up, summoned phantasms will easily kill mobs at long range and you can use 4 FEs for bossing. Your spectres and phantasms will do enough dps that you can just run through packs of mobs.

--

"
    ff3 wrote:
    Spoiler
    I must say, amazing build! I just finally killed Uber Elder for the first time this league with my Soulwrest Necro, but I was looking for an upgrade. Having to resummon the Phantasms constantly during the fight is a real pita and the cause of many deaths. Since I really don't like the zombie build, and I absolutely hated the HoG playstyle, I thought I'd give the Spectres a try.
    So I shuffled around a couple things in my tree to get Necromantic Aegis and bought the minimum gear just to try the build. First Uber Elder try, by far my best fight ever, almost deathless! And keep in mind I fought him like 20 times before with only 1 kill.
    I really love the possibilities this build offer. You can go with a completely different tree, different gear, and still have a very solid build. I'm even tempted to try a hybrid version with a Soulwrest for mapping. And most of all, it can be very cheap too. The dps numbers are not inflated with all flasks up all buffs up with 50 ex worth of gear. Anyone can easily reach 2-3 million Shaper dps total.

Can't wait for next league, this will be my starter build, thanks for a great guide! :D

Here's my quickly rushed version from a Soulwrest build: https://pastebin.com/DhCaSMJP (missing a jewel, many gem slots empty lol)

Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed the build. As you can see, it's actually a very flexible build that can work well with a lot of different ideas. Actually, I think the PoB pastebin has a soulwrest in the offhand, so it's actually possible to quickly turn it into a soulwrest build if you swap the boots for Bubonic Plague (I was testing a soulwrest version earlier, but I found boss killing a little slower and deep delve was a lot harder).

I had a look at your PoB pastebin. I think it could work as a tankier version of this build with almost 200% inc life from tree. If you had more regret orbs, would you path differently?

Not sure if it will be helpful to you, but before the next league starts, I'll be updating the build guide with a levelling walkthrough. It'll be written from the perspective of a 0-hour league starter.

--

"
    Melinda01 wrote:
    I'm very interested in your Build. Congratz to your 40 Challenges :)
    I have one Question: Are there any map mods we can`t run? (maybe ele reflect? or phys. reflect?)
    Thx

Thank you. It was quite a grind but completing 40 allows me to update this build guide :)

The only map mod that can't be done is elemental reflect. Sometimes I don't check the map mods carefully and my spectres all instagib themelves. The phantasms die quickly in phys reflec maps, but they're quickly replaced by new ones.

Simply, with this build your spectres will do so much dps, the reflected damage will easily exceed their hp. If you open the build in PoB, then untick all the combat mods (except frenzy charge) and effective dps mods and disable both curses, you'll see the Fire-Eaters will still do 600k non-shaper dps. So, 18% reflect = 100k dps. Instagib.

kayella
    Feb 05, 2019 15:26:49 PM
  • Prev
  • Next