Forum Index Witch [3.8] Big DPS Spectre Summoner | All Bosses | League Starter | Leveling Guide | SSF | PS4/XBox

History

Ok )

Thanks for the answer !

Ouais
Dec 02, 2018 17:00:14 PM

Was something very interesting in the patch notes:

"Updated the Cannibal's torch-throwing behaviour. It also looks cooler now.". If that is an AI buff I assume the clear speed and QoL of this build went up quite a lot? At least it will be cooler :)

Also Phase Run need (80->50). Will need to play a bit more careful now I guess. Do you think this requires a different layer of defense?

NeoLearner
Dec 05, 2018 09:06:03 AM

"
NeoLearner wrote:
Was something very interesting in the patch notes:

"Updated the Cannibal's torch-throwing behaviour. It also looks cooler now.". If that is an AI buff I assume the clear speed and QoL of this build went up quite a lot? At least it will be cooler :)

Also Phase Run need (80->50). Will need to play a bit more careful now I guess. Do you think this requires a different layer of defense?


The Cannibal torch throw is for the basic monster (you can find this one in act 1). The one I recommend for this build doesn't throw its torch, but uses it like a flame thrower.

I think the change to phase run shouldn't affect the build too much in general play because the spectres should kill everything before they have a real chance to hit you. The change really affects delve and being able to avoid the one-shot monsters.

For clear speed, a combination of 2 SGs and 2 FEs felt really good in delve league.

--

I did find this in the patch notes though:

"
Fixed a bug which prevented Cannibal Fire-Eater spectres from doing anything but auto-attacking large bosses.


This is a welcome fix, as FEs were stuck on auto-attack against Belfry, Sunken City and Lava Lake bosses.

kayella
Dec 05, 2018 12:02:24 PM

Hi

What do you think about the new Bitterbind Point spectre shield, could it be useful for the build ?

(PoB does not have it yet)

DjParagon
Dec 19, 2018 00:44:52 AM

Why no GMP? Does it make the fire cone too wide, does it not work somehow, or is it just not better then controlled destruction/elemental focus?

eaglewiz
Dec 19, 2018 07:39:31 AM

"
DjParagon wrote:
Hi

What do you think about the new Bitterbind Point spectre shield, could it be useful for the build ?

(PoB does not have it yet)


Bitterbind has a really nice buff (much better than frenzy charges), but it only procs Arcane Surge on your crit. I think a summoner in general has such low crit chance that it would be rare to get the arcane surge buff.

Victario + Aegis gives 100% uptime on frenzy charges because the spectres have 25 casts per second with an aoe.


"
eaglewiz wrote:
Why no GMP? Does it make the fire cone too wide, does it not work somehow, or is it just not better then controlled destruction/elemental focus?


I prefer to run with a high DPS loadout, so I made the build for 5B and 1G, usually swapping between Faster Projectiles, GMP and Slower Projectiles for the 'utility'; all the green gems are for damage.

While running maps, I'll use GMP and swap in Slower Proj or Faster Proj for bosses.


kayella
Dec 21, 2018 07:21:12 AM

"
kayella wrote:




Bitterbind has a really nice buff (much better than frenzy charges), but it only procs Arcane Surge on your crit. I think a summoner in general has such low crit chance that it would be rare to get the arcane surge buff.

Victario + Aegis gives 100% uptime on frenzy charges because the spectres have 25 casts per second with an aoe.



Thanks for the gem clarification.
There is a solution to the Bitterbind problem, although I don't know if it would make the shield worth it - it procs Arcane Surge on your gain of Arcane Surge, so if you give either the mobility or curse delivery spell the Arcane Surge support at a low-medium level, it should allow fairly consistent arcane surge uptime

eaglewiz
Dec 21, 2018 10:13:08 AM

"
eaglewiz wrote:
Thanks for the gem clarification.
There is a solution to the Bitterbind problem, although I don't know if it would make the shield worth it - it procs Arcane Surge on your gain of Arcane Surge, so if you give either the mobility or curse delivery spell the Arcane Surge support at a low-medium level, it should allow fairly consistent arcane surge uptime


I managed to get the shield, so I did a little checking; turns out that Bitterbind only gives level 1 arcane surge. So you're looking at 10% more dmg + 10% increase cast speed. Whereas Victario + Aegis gives 12% more dmg + 45% increased cast + 15% movement (from 3 frenzy charges).

kayella
Jan 01, 2019 18:47:28 PM

Anger aura worth it with fire-eaters?

SoulCrxsh
Jan 02, 2019 18:47:06 PM

"
SoulCrxsh wrote:
Anger aura worth it with fire-eaters?


Definitely not.

Anger Aura also gives you fire damage to spells. A big part of spectre DPS comes from 'elemental equilibrium' on the passive tree:
"
Enemies you hit with Elemental Damage temporarily get +25% Resistance to those Elements and -50% Resistance to other Elements


So we want to only use cold or lightning damage on spells to put the -50% fire res debuff on our target.

kayella
Jan 07, 2019 18:19:50 PM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 6
  • 535
  • 536
  • Next