Forum Index Off Topic I am the Drone of this Board: Fate Discussion thread now open to all Masters...

History

Im halfway through Apocrypha atm, seems a lot faster paced, even though the episode count is pretty much the same as others, but that perception of mine could be due to 2 x more characters, so they had to condense it and lose some depth in the process.

Found and installed apk of fate grand order over the net, but it turns out even though i could run the game through vpn to make it look like im from usa or whatever the allowed country is, I won't be able to use it, since game strictly forbids being used on rooted device. And any device I get, 2nd day I root it to first remove bloatware and tailor it so that I can use advanced programs on it that need root access.

I guess thats countermeasure for game developer company being too lazy/short of money to develop anticheat or protection software, otherwise they wouldn't care if device is rooted.

But at least Ive found some manga related to grand order and author is listed as type moon, so guess that will partially work too.

Necromael
Jul 06, 2018 11:21:25 AM

Oh yeah, they don't like the rooted devices.

Halfway? As in finished first cour? Then you know...

First cours Apoc
The entire "Great Grail War" is a sham. It was never going to be 7v7. It was the famed apocryphal saint Amakusa Shirou Tokisada setting up the conditions to steal and hack the grail. That's why his Servants are so much stronger than Ygdmillenia's -- he's had a long time to plan this. His skin is that dark because he spent years in the desert searching for the catalyst to summon Semiramis.

Jeanne was summoned not to arbitrate the Great Grail War but to stop Shirou.

鬼殺し
Jul 06, 2018 13:02:13 PM

Yes. Should finish it in 1-2 days now. Then I'm on to movies and Ilya and carnival phantasm and todays menu.

Spoiler
And darnic thought he was "prepared" and that he had it all in his hands.

Necromael
Jul 06, 2018 13:56:58 PM

Spoiler
The funny thing is Darnic's seiyuu is renowned for his mixture of 'deep' and 'shrieking', so I was waiting...

鬼殺し
Jul 06, 2018 15:04:06 PM

Gotta add up, I rarely like anime opening music, but like the apocrypha first season opening and ost.

Necromael
Jul 08, 2018 18:50:45 PM

Which is interesting because a lot of people disliked Egoist's opening and loved LiSA's much more Fate-friendly opening. I like them both but I think LiSA's 'Ash' edges it out.

As for the OST, Masaru Yokoyama also did Iron-Blooded Orphans, so I knew the guy had the chops. It's my favourite Fate OST by far (Kajiura's is too Kajiura too often and Kenji Kawai's is too erratic...oh, and Satoru Kosaki's Fate/Extra is hard to judge right now), but only as a combined first and second cour. Let me know if you want it, because it's impossible to buy separately and came with my bluray set.

Full series music spoiler
I simply love Amakusa's theme for an end-fight. No choir, no heavy brass. Just this great march-like anthem emblematic of his noble-minded madness.

And La Pucelle, which plays during Jeanne's sacrificial NP, is awesome too.

鬼殺し
Jul 09, 2018 00:02:22 AM

Huh... I thought that Kajiura's music was rather fitting for fate... I don't know why, maybe I just like that style WAY too much, but I felt that it made the fights just that tiny bit more epic. Well, I guess in the end it comes down to personal taste, all the OSTs were pretty damn amazing imo.

FCK42
Jul 09, 2018 01:10:48 AM

its okay but too reminiscent of her older stuff like hack sign, fist of the north star and especially xeno2 and 3.

鬼殺し
Jul 09, 2018 04:00:10 AM

Finished the 'Camelot' singularity in Fate/Go last night and it's pretty much about as good as Nasu gets. Fucking brilliant storytelling. Cost me some saint quartz just to get through but the game throws them at you so I still walked away with more SQ than I went in with.

鬼殺し
Jul 10, 2018 01:20:41 AM

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Finished the 'Camelot' singularity in Fate/Go last night and it's pretty much about as good as Nasu gets. Fucking brilliant storytelling. Cost me some saint quartz just to get through but the game throws them at you so I still walked away with more SQ than I went in with.

Camelot's one of the toughest Singularity. Gratz on clearing it.
If you like the storytelling, you will love it when
Spoiler
Salem
is released.

With regards to OST covers, i personally like Aimer.
Her voice is amazing.

kelongngu
Jul 10, 2018 12:09:35 PM
  • Prev
  • Next