Forum Index Off Topic I am the Drone of this Board: Fate Discussion thread now open to all Masters...

History

Oh yes that makes sense. I even wondered why he doesnt have a mole below his eye. That clears it.

Spoiler
Both their spears, even different look very simmilar, that confused me too, upper part of handle is different but that is hard to see in anime itself, had to go to wiki to see the difference on still images.

Necromael
Jun 30, 2018 22:49:50 PM

Same mythology source. :)

This is no spoiler, more of an easy way to understand what Servants are: they're fabricated programs based on idealised legends. When you 'load' the program (i.e. summon) you're getting a copy of it exactly the same as it was at the time of its creation. There is, however, some curious residue...

FSN/FZ
I believe HGW5 Saber remembers working with Kiritsugu and fighting against Kotomine in HGW4, for example.

...and the Fate/GO universe, being the prime Fate universe, seems to have Servants who keep all memories. Thus Mordred in Fate/GO knows Jeanne, even though they only ever really interacted in a what-if (Apocrypha). This seems more a convenience than anything else, as it allows for all sorts of nods, winks, nudges and in-jokes.

鬼殺し
Jul 01, 2018 04:00:23 AM

Fate Extra Last Encore just hit Netflix.

Get ready to have your Holy Grail War royally Shafted.

鬼殺し
Jul 01, 2018 06:52:17 AM

15 second promo video/animation for Fate/GrandOrder x Apocrypha event:

https://youtu.be/d5Jjo2QA59Q

Not REALLY spoilers since it's so quick and it's a what-if of a what-if, but god damn if that fist bump isn't the coolest thing to ever come out of Fate. Ever.

Spoiler

鬼殺し
Jul 01, 2018 10:50:54 AM

F/GO is the bane of my wallet.

I play the Japanese version.
It's in the 3rd story arc now (lost belt). Part 1 of the current story arc was over and we're waiting for the other parts. Think we'll be looking at at least 5 more parts and each part seems to take a couple of months in between.

Events wise, it's mostly reruns of past events now with the occasional new event with new servants to roll. Good thing is the event CEs that you have are mostly reusable in these reruns so it's not that bad.
Current rerun is the "Ishtar cup" where you can roll for the summer version of servants and can work to get a freebie 4* Ishtar Rider.

Those horror stories that you read about people spending thousands and thousands of dollars on the Gatcha?
It's all truth.
If you think loot boxes in POE is bad, you have seen nothing yet.

Stay away before it consumes you.

kelongngu
Jul 03, 2018 11:47:34 AM

ive put next to nothing into it and i am struggling a bit with Camelot. Had to sq a few fights.

its worth it for the writing for me.

and of course its utterly incomparable to PoE. Apples and Grails.

But PoE isnt written by anyone with a tenth of the talent of Nasu...so...

鬼殺し
Jul 03, 2018 13:10:04 PM

Just watched ep 1 and 2 of fate/night.

Not sure if thats the right order to watch things but that was the advice I was given.

2 episodes and 2 command spells? Hoping they learn to control that habit.

Sorry for the bad spelling - im kinda sick with a bad infection thats makign me all kinds of dizzy.

Cheers,
Matt.

essemoni
Jul 03, 2018 14:38:26 PM

Done with zero, stay night and sn ubw. Decided to watch apocrypha now.

Spoiler
When they were showing red team leaders, i thought they were too generic and in a way replacable. Also the opening sequence spoils the truth behind it. Have to yet to come to that episode but its really apparent what will happen.

Necromael
Jul 03, 2018 23:34:48 PM

"
Necromael wrote:
Done with zero, stay night and sn ubw. Decided to watch apocrypha now.

Spoiler
When they were showing red team leaders, i thought they were too generic and in a way replacable. Also the opening sequence spoils the truth behind it. Have to yet to come to that episode but its really apparent what will happen.

Spoiler
Is it? I would be surprised if you've guessed the biggest twist. The opening doesn't spoil anything -- it just clarifies the set-up. :P

That said, Apocrypha isn't about the twists or the mystery. It's a servant brawl at best, and it does that very well.

鬼殺し
Jul 04, 2018 02:21:03 AM

"
essemoni wrote:

Just watched ep 1 and 2 of fate/night.

Not sure if thats the right order to watch things but that was the advice I was given.

2 episodes and 2 command spells? Hoping they learn to control that habit.

Sorry for the bad spelling - im kinda sick with a bad infection thats makign me all kinds of dizzy.

Cheers,
Matt.

yeah, I've been fucked the past couple of days too. And when I get fucked, it's cause for alarm so it's been rough. Antibiotics stabilised me until I can get an MRI. Fun times!

So the thing with FSN you have to remember is: the masters are mostly kids and randoms. The 5th Grail War was the first written and it was first written as an erotic novel/game, bit like a super raunchy choose your own adventure. Since then it's gotten far too big for that and has cleaned up its act somewhat, but Fate/Stay Night still has some of the old baggage.

Just go with it, have fun trying to guess the Servants, let the mythology seep into you around the Slice of Life shenanigans.

And remember: Shinji Matou is *always* a dick. No matter which Fate universe. That's no spoiler. That's Fate 101.

鬼殺し
Jul 04, 2018 02:24:03 AM
  • Prev
  • Next