Forum Index Skill Gem Feedback Arc

History

Arc feels super good now, just check how many 95-100 play it :)

snnr
Apr 22, 2019 07:30:50 AM

The range nerf is too much, it really adds tedium to a skill that already has the disadvantage of not just instantly blowing up every target on the screen.

Adding on top the damage reduction and the curse near-immunity of bosses and the skill feels absolutely gutted. I failed a T12 Elder 3 times that last league would have been a breeze with the range to easily hit the decay adds and actually take down his life bar at a reasonable speed.

Avereth12
May 05, 2019 06:46:47 AM

Testing rig:
non-crit miner, 11 mines, 0.27 laying time, 960% damage, 30-670 flat added lightning damage, 9 chains, 68% penetration. PoB: 88k avg damage vs shaper.

After about 2 hours of gameplay I've noticed at least 5 cases when 8-11 mines had failed to kill a sparse monsters pack.

The build was 'fine' during Incursion league, now it's underwhelming at best.
This setup already has low flexibility, the only thing I can do in order to compensate chain radius nerf is (somehow) greatly increase the build mobility and mines laying time. (and this will lead to unsolvable mana cost issues)

Current chain radius just doesn't fit the game mechanics.

a_z0_9
Jun 04, 2019 13:15:58 PM

Arc feels like trash when self cast. Can't even chain once in small areas like the uber elder fight to clean up large adds. It is better now to use any other skill.

Arc should be changed so the initial chain length is long, and then reduces distance with each following chain.

Friagram
Jun 05, 2019 00:30:51 AM

Chain distance is obnoxiously short now. Not only does it fail to chain pack to pack (presumably the idea behind the nerf), but it often fails to chain WITHIN a pack.

How about text on arc that says:

100% more chain distance when hand-cast.

magicrectangle
Jun 30, 2019 12:59:59 PM

Right now I am playing crit arc totem hierophant, but the main thing that feels bad about arc right now was apparent from the start with self cast at level 12 and that is chain range.

For me arc was always a fun skill to play (even when it was considered bad - before damage buff and inc damage per remaining chain change) because of how relaxed clearing with it felt. There was no need for aggressive positioning or keeping an eye out for every single pack of enemies - if things were no further than 1/4 of screen apart the arc did damage to as many enemies as had chains.

Damage nerf was expected and I doubt many would disagree, but striking at what made it fun and relaxing to play is really bad, especially that we cannot remedy it with any itemization, skill nodes or support gems. What many of us liked in arc was broken and we cannot do anything about it.

The way I see reduction to chain distance is quick-and-dirty fix to prevent the skill from trivializing current league encounters, and while I hope I am wrong, I cannot see this as particularly good design choice.

I remember how back in beta you talked about balancing the game in a way that doesn't take the fun element out of outstanding skills, items or build but rather brings those that are lacking to match so I hope you will reconsider this change and tune arc in a way that doesn't make it not fun to play.

respon
Jul 01, 2019 22:57:45 PM

It's about time to add yet another absolutely non-mandatory jewel:

a_z0_9
Jul 14, 2019 14:39:57 PM
  • Prev