Forum Index PvP Discussion Unofficial Community PvP Balance (eHLD and eLLD)

History

Also just a thought, I think that rather than banning all abyss jewels, it would be better to ban having useful mods on the abyss jewels. (for instance, just make sure none of the mods benefit the build)

That would allow people to benefit from secondary effects from some abyss items

DreamScythe
May 18, 2018 00:43:44 AM

IMO, as for the set of rules bestiary uniques are fine with exception of Fenumus' Weave (15 sec hinder is OP) and Farrul's Fur (100% uptime / easy charges generation is 'pretty damn good').
Non-triggered discharge w/o Farrul's Fur is unreliable and definitely not OP.

ThisIsABuff
May 18, 2018 03:11:58 AM

"
ThisIsABuff wrote:
IMO, as for the set of rules bestiary uniques are fine with exception of Fenumus' Weave (15 sec hinder is OP) and Farrul's Fur (100% uptime / easy charges generation is 'pretty damn good').
Non-triggered discharge w/o Farrul's Fur is unreliable and definitely not OP.


Banning bestiary items is more about how they will behave like legacy items. Without Farrul's fur Lapizz still did a disharge build that one shot everyone... discharge is problematic to begin with because of its Tvalues and due to its cast speed, it will either always one shot people or be useless.

May 18, 2018 19:38:48 PM

"
aliac123 wrote:
Discharge banned so sad.
I agreed with ban cluster and minefield, because thought trap and mine still viable w/o that gems.
But ban active skill is diffrent. If someone makes great hipster build, has to find next build soon.
I don't know would lapiz try to make new build.


Lapizzz demonstrated discharge without the chest piece. Discharge is ultimately in a weird position because it will either be Useless or Overpowered. Discharge was the same way before when GGG had to keep denoying charges from players because of how easily it would interact with discharge. Easier to just avoid this skill all together

May 18, 2018 19:41:28 PM

"
ProjectPT wrote:
Discharge is ultimately in a weird position because it will either be Useless or Overpowered.


It really depends what you mean by overpowered. The build without farrul chest could 1shot most sure but it would still lose against the best "normal" builds (just because it is so slow). I feel like if we dont allow the glass cannonish stuff it will get boring quite fast (which has sort of already happened).

Now with cluster trap gone I don't think the discharge build could even function to any remote extent as it was a big part of gaining the charges.

lapiz
May 18, 2018 21:00:57 PM

the problem with discharge was the farrul's i think not the discharge itself.

Rupenus
May 18, 2018 21:11:38 PM

alright, then i will remove discharge from bans

May 18, 2018 22:19:57 PM

Hi,

First of all I should tell you that I am supporting your effort.

Although I have little experience with HLD in this game some things in the rules seems strange to me.

I see you want to keep the rules simple but ...

Why do you keep immunities in rules such as not banning CI passive?

I have also seen some matches on YT and according to my observation characters using range attack (chars using bows or overlapping traps) dominate.

I think range based character shouldn´t be able to tank any melee in an easy way.

You would think about dividing skills into two or three classes and set individual power for them.

just an example:

Heavy strike - close combat skill with minimum range could use 5 link

Lacerate - mid close combat skill with a decent range could use 4 link

Miners - high range, high power - 3 link

You can take into consideration aspects such as damage, range, mobility while dealing damage etc but my idea should be clear.

Rakiii
May 19, 2018 17:03:15 PM

"
Rakiii wrote:
Hi,

First of all I should tell you that I am supporting your effort.

Although I have little experience with HLD in this game some things in the rules seems strange to me.

I see you want to keep the rules simple but ...

Why do you keep immunities in rules such as not banning CI passive?

I have also seen some matches on YT and according to my observation characters using range attack (chars using bows or overlapping traps) dominate.

I think range based character shouldn´t be able to tank any melee in an easy way.

You would think about dividing skills into two or three classes and set individual power for them.

just an example:

Heavy strike - close combat skill with minimum range could use 5 link

Lacerate - mid close combat skill with a decent range could use 4 link

Miners - high range, high power - 3 link

You can take into consideration aspects such as damage, range, mobility while dealing damage etc but my idea should be clear.


There is a group of nasty namelock facebreaker guys running around. There is always advantage to range though due to what GGG has done. But there are still some melee builds that can global some of the best of us

May 19, 2018 18:58:44 PM

Started with the right idea. Get more ppl into PvP.

Turned into an OVER-BANNING fiasco.

Negatively react to community's input.

An Over-React to opposed views.

Way to go.

Fire_Stick_2000
May 21, 2018 04:03:50 AM
  • Prev
  • 1
  • 2
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 15
  • 16
  • Next