Forum Index Templar [3.7] Freezing Pulse Totem Hierophant | Cheap, Starter, Guide, Guardians, Shaper

History

"
Verseb wrote:
If you want to give advices, Check " Verteub" With this account. I'm going for Soul mantle 6 Link but I think i'm too short with life and damages

I already told you: You need to change your privacy settings to allow people viewing your characters.

VisorX
Mar 19, 2018 17:39:08 PM

Wouldnt 2 simmerons kill the totems instantly? or does the negative effect not apply to totems?

IamLoco
Mar 19, 2018 19:52:03 PM

"
VisorX wrote:
"
Verseb wrote:
If you want to give advices, Check " Verteub" With this account. I'm going for Soul mantle 6 Link but I think i'm too short with life and damages

I already told you: You need to change your privacy settings to allow people viewing your characters.

It's ok

Verseb
Mar 19, 2018 20:52:09 PM

So first I would like to say thank you for the build guide, I have been playing POE for awhile and this is one of the first builds I have been able to farm uber lab and Atziri. I have not attempted maps past t12 but I was curious if you could look at my character and see what areas you would recommend I improve to get more damage and survivability. I just changed my helm, boots and gloves so I have not put in all the additional gems for Arcane surge etc. Thanks again for the awesome build!!

Dkbballer1
Mar 19, 2018 21:47:29 PM

@Dkballer1: Same goes for you. You need to change your privacy settings for people to be able to look at your character.

"
IamLoco wrote:
Wouldnt 2 simmerons kill the totems instantly? or does the negative effect not apply to totems?

The negative effect doesn't apply, and even if it would, 400 degen wouldn't kill a 10k HP totem instantly.

Character check for Verseb:
- You use Soul Mantle without 2 Kikazaru Rings. That means you constantly applying Curses to yourself at full effect, which hurts your damage and surivability immensly, if you don't have your Curse Flask active. I would only use Soul Mantle if it's 6-linked, because the biggest advantage is that you can get an effective 7-link that way. Just use a tabula or rare 6L chest for now (you should be able to get a decent one for under 100c).
- Your Flasks are terrible. A diamond flask is mandatory for Crit Builds and you don't have an instant life flask. Look at the flask section of my guide.
- One of your "First Snow" Jewels doesn't have 40 int the radius, so you are missing out on 2 very important projectiles (and damage).
- You have less than 3k life. Get more than 107% life on the tree and more life on your gear. Most of your gear has poor +life, your gloves don't have any.
- You want to get power charge nodes on the tree if you run Shimmeron.
- Buy a 20/20 Freezing Pulse gem.
- Do Uberlab for the very powerful "Conviction of Power" ascendancy.
- Use the FrostBomb+Arcane Surge setup.
- There are more minor things, but honestly all of this is covered in my guide.

VisorX
Mar 19, 2018 22:51:15 PM

Gosh amazing answer, it will help me a lot, I'll fix every points ! thanks a lot

Verseb
Mar 20, 2018 00:59:28 AM

How do I aboid having my totems die as soon as I place them at low level

TehPlayer444
Mar 20, 2018 01:31:30 AM

"
TehPlayer444 wrote:
How do I aboid having my totems die as soon as I place them at low level

I don't really remember that being an issue. But with Flameblast totems it may be one.
Just place more totems if others die and not directly next to the mobs.

VisorX
Mar 20, 2018 02:11:43 AM

a new question here

Is it better to have 20/20 gem or 0/21 gem ?

Verseb
Mar 20, 2018 09:25:31 AM

"
Verseb wrote:
a new question here

Is it better to have 20/20 gem or 0/21 gem ?

Didn't even think that lvl21 gems are so cheap this league. It's basically a trade-off between 10% more damage and 40% projectile speed. With a faster projectiles gem we sacrifice around 20-25% damage for 69% projectiles speed.

So we do actually get the projectile speed more efficient with a 20/20 gem and I would favor that. If you get a Karui Ward and a Helm Enchant (or Winds of Change gloves), you can drop Faster Projectiles.

All together you should aim for about 100% increased projectile speed.

VisorX
Mar 20, 2018 16:01:10 PM
  • Prev
  • Next